Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Call me a pessimist

First start, bad weather, constant blitzing... I don't know guys.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He might run for 75-100 yards
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    He as in Taylor Kelly?

I don't think we win this one.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    On the plus side, he's more mobile and has a stronger arm to throw through the rain. I'd hate to see a Miles pass flutter and then get nabbed for a pick 6.

I'm serious about wanting to see some WildSwede too...could be a good way to generate some offense to give Williams a break but keep him in the game.

First start, bad weather, constant blitzing... I don't know guys.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your a pessimist
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Your a pessimist

*you're* ;)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's going to be mostly the same. Mostly short throws and check downs. I'm sure they will take a shot early to try and get Williams some confidence. Hopefully Williams can make a few plays because of his arm strength that Miles can't. If we actually run the ball with success, we can win. If we don't, we lose. If we are counting on our QB to win the game, I don't like our chances. It's really been that simple all season.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Williams challenges the line of scrimmage threatening to run which should free some receivers. Miles did not excel in this particular area to say the least. If you know he's not running except away from you and you know he can't beat you with a deep throw, then you bring blitzes all day long. That has been the problem with Miles....he's one dimensional in his passing game and was not a very strong threat to run. Of course our running game has sucked because we can't hrow and they can key on it. It's all intertwined. Hopefully TW is more of a run threat and can throw the ball over the middle. Remember the game when Bonnell started against Cal? We lost but he threw the ball all over the field and had confidence despite not seeing very much action prior to that. Bonnell ran circles around Cyler. If you watched that game and the spark he brought at that moment, that's what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Williams challenges the line of scrimmage threatening to run which should free some receivers. Miles did not excel in this particular area to say the least. If you know he's not running except away from you and you know he can't beat you with a deep throw, then you bring blitzes all day long. That has been the problem with Miles....he's one dimensional in his passing game and was not a very strong threat to run. Of course our running game has sucked because we can't hrow and they can key on it. It's all intertwined. Hopefully TW is more of a run threat and can throw the ball over the middle. Remember the game when Bonnell started against Cal? We lost but he threw the ball all over the field and had confidence despite not seeing very much action prior to that. Bonnell ran circles around Cyler. If you watched that game and the spark he brought at that moment, that's what I'm hoping for.

Bonnell threw like 4 or 5 picks in that Cal game. He did everything he could to lose the game and needed a hail mary to go to OT.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I expect Williams to be at least as good as miles (hard to get worse)
    This game like almost every other this season will come down to our defense.
    If we're relying on our offense to score a ton, we're in trouble
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam