Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let's Go Over The Start Of The Game

2»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    A lot of those yards were off screen passes as well. He made 2 good throws yesterday. The one to Coleman on the throwback and the one that mickens dropped. I would start Williams and see what he does. He's going to turn it over but the upside is significantly higher with him at qb
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,103
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

A lot of those yards were off screen passes as well. He made 2 good throws yesterday. The one to Coleman on the throwback and the one that mickens dropped. I would start Williams and see what he does. He's going to turn it over but the upside is significantly higher with him at qb

Why do people keep saying the throw to Mickens in the EZ was a good pass? It was not an accurate throw and it cost UW a TD.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pamela Anderson had real tits the last time UW was relevant two years in a row.

That's the problem, not some blick QB.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,884
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    1997 is a good comparison. I don't see any real leaders.

This is the first game that has been thoroughly disappointing to the core. Any sort of hopes at the Santa Clara championship went poof.

This is the 13th straight year of the wait til next year bullshit. That's not Petersen's fault but it's his job to figure it out. If these SEC doormat Mississippi schools can do it, he can do it.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Agree on the team being leaderless. Sort of reminds of 1997. The team isn't as talented at that one, but there are some good individuals who can't lead when things go south. The QB really needs to be a leader. The offseason attempted beatdown of the 12s speaks volumes about Miles leadership ability. Peters acting like a cunty bitch after getting a dumbshit penalty tells the defensive backfield is leaderless. I would say this team isn't a whole lot worse in terms of talent than the 2000 team. The difference is 2000 had leaders, not guys who fold in the heat of the battle.

What would someone who folded before the heat of battle even began (and probably shattered his dvr disc in a frustrated, drunken rage without even watching the game) know about that?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dtd said:

dhdawg said:

Why do people keep saying the throw to Mickens in the EZ was a good pass? It was not an accurate throw and it cost UW a TD.
    It went right through his hands
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree on the team being leaderless. Sort of reminds of 1997. The team isn't as talented at that one, but there are some good individuals who can't lead when things go south. The QB really needs to be a leader. The offseason attempted beatdown of the 12s speaks volumes about Miles leadership ability. Peters acting like a cunty bitch after getting a dumbshit penalty tells the defensive backfield is leaderless. I would say this team isn't a whole lot worse in terms of talent than the 2000 team. The difference is 2000 had leaders, not guys who fold in the heat of the battle.

What would someone who folded before the heat of battle even began (and probably shattered his dvr disc in a frustrated, drunken rage without even watching the game) know about that?
    I'm not on the team...you do realize that, right?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The player leadership is obviously a big miss ... it's amazing how few leaders we have in this team. But it is what it is. That's not changing in the offseason either. That's changing when guys with leadership traits (your standard OKG) become upperclassmen and the dominant voices on the team. We're not there yet.

Derek, who is pretty good at interviewing players and should stick to that, can tell you that the 1989 class came in and took over as underclassmen and changed the culture. It can happen
    And for that to happen, it normally requires them owning the starting lineup as well.

We're probably another class or two away from being able to say that.
    Actually, that isn't true, they didn't own the starting lineup at all. While writing that book with Dave Hoffmann, he told me stories of how the redshirt freshmen classes of '88 was a pain in the sides of Don James and Lambo. They went after the starters in practic and tried to own them. Emtman didn't become a starter until late in the '89 season, I believe.
    Note that I said "normally" ...

Watching how the old dawgs vs. new dawgs compete against each other may or may not be interesting ...

It's possible that we might see something like this happen in the next couple of years ... but it's going to take a huge class to do so. And honestly, with kids today, trying to find those 25 kids with that kind of mindset will be as challenging as finding 25 players with talent.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dtd said:

dhdawg said:

Mickens had a defender right there, any lower and it gets knocked away.

That was a good pass by Miles.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Oregon's first series: Timu drops a pick 6. 3 and out.

Washington: FG. Cyler Miles 4-4 26 yards. Dwayne Washington: 2 car -8 yards. (3-0)

Oregon: 81 yard TD Drive. Keys plays are 28 yard pass to Brown and 37 yard TD run by Freeman. (7-3)

Washington: 52 yard drive, FG. Mickens dropped a TD pass. Miles for the game 6-7 70 yards. (7-6)

Oregon: 81 yard TD drive. Has Oregon in 2nd and 21 and 3rd and 8. Couldn't get off the field. Allowed 3 yard TD run on 4th down. (14-6)

Washington: 33 yard drive. Punt puts Oregon on the 1. (14-6)

Oregon: 99 yard TD drive. 3rd and 11 on the 12. Oregon converts on 4th down at the 2. (21-6)

The wheels fell off at this point, highlighted by a terrible INT by Miles. The defense was fucking horrible. Before the half Campbell and Kasen dropped passes. Campbell was wide fucking open. It goes beyond Miles. We were losers long before Miles was out QB. Make the plays on a pick 6. Help your QB and catch TD passes in your hands. Don't allow Oregon to convert every 4th down and go on 99 yard drives. 10 carries for 27 yards rushing in the first half. 22 of the yards came from Miles and Ross on two plays. Coleman and Washington had 7 carries for 2 yards in the first half. The person to blame is Petersen. He's the guy in charge. The defense allowed 3 straight TD drives and on the 4th, Oregon missed a 33 yard FG. They got fucking shredded!

We got down 21-6. We all know Miles isn't a QB to lead a comeback. The INT may have sealed it, but it was really bad long before that. Miles may suck, but this Miles narrative going on is bullshit. We can't run the fucking ball, we don't throw it well, and the defense had a terrible game. It's not one thing. It sucked all the way around. Saying otherwise is plain wrong.

Some of you will say I always defend Miles. Yeah, I thought he would be better. I also thought Dwayne Washington would be good. It's obvious Miles isn't a very good QB right now. I'm all for Williams starting. It can't be worse and hopefully he will provide a spark. But let's not go full doogman and blame the QB when the whole team sucked.

YBE. Seriously.

There ain't a QB in UW history -- not Saint Marques, not Billy Joe, not Bob motherfucking Schloredt -- that could have won in Eugene yesterday with zero defense and zero running game.

Like I said after the Stanford game: Miles is who he is -- a proficient game manager. When you're able to run the ball, and your defense is keeping you in the game, Miles is good enough to win it for you. When those things aren't happening (which is hopefully rare), Miles is going to lose. And it will probably look pretty ugly.

I'm not opposed to giving Troy a chance. But blaming Miles for the Oregon loss is dm.cFS.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    TTJ said:

Oregon's first series: Timu drops a pick 6. 3 and out.

Washington: FG. Cyler Miles 4-4 26 yards. Dwayne Washington: 2 car -8 yards. (3-0)

Oregon: 81 yard TD Drive. Keys plays are 28 yard pass to Brown and 37 yard TD run by Freeman. (7-3)

Washington: 52 yard drive, FG. Mickens dropped a TD pass. Miles for the game 6-7 70 yards. (7-6)

Oregon: 81 yard TD drive. Has Oregon in 2nd and 21 and 3rd and 8. Couldn't get off the field. Allowed 3 yard TD run on 4th down. (14-6)

Washington: 33 yard drive. Punt puts Oregon on the 1. (14-6)

Oregon: 99 yard TD drive. 3rd and 11 on the 12. Oregon converts on 4th down at the 2. (21-6)

The wheels fell off at this point, highlighted by a terrible INT by Miles. The defense was fucking horrible. Before the half Campbell and Kasen dropped passes. Campbell was wide fucking open. It goes beyond Miles. We were losers long before Miles was out QB. Make the plays on a pick 6. Help your QB and catch TD passes in your hands. Don't allow Oregon to convert every 4th down and go on 99 yard drives. 10 carries for 27 yards rushing in the first half. 22 of the yards came from Miles and Ross on two plays. Coleman and Washington had 7 carries for 2 yards in the first half. The person to blame is Petersen. He's the guy in charge. The defense allowed 3 straight TD drives and on the 4th, Oregon missed a 33 yard FG. They got fucking shredded!

We got down 21-6. We all know Miles isn't a QB to lead a comeback. The INT may have sealed it, but it was really bad long before that. Miles may suck, but this Miles narrative going on is bullshit. We can't run the fucking ball, we don't throw it well, and the defense had a terrible game. It's not one thing. It sucked all the way around. Saying otherwise is plain wrong.

Some of you will say I always defend Miles. Yeah, I thought he would be better. I also thought Dwayne Washington would be good. It's obvious Miles isn't a very good QB right now. I'm all for Williams starting. It can't be worse and hopefully he will provide a spark. But let's not go full doogman and blame the QB when the whole team sucked.

YBE. Seriously.

There ain't a QB in UW history -- not Saint Marques, not Billy Joe, not Bob motherfucking Schloredt -- that could have won in Eugene yesterday with zero defense and zero running game.

Like I said after the Stanford game: Miles is who he is -- a proficient game manager. When you're able to run the ball, and your defense is keeping you in the game, Miles is good enough to win it for you. When those things aren't happening (which is hopefully rare), Miles is going to lose. And it will probably look pretty ugly.

I'm not opposed to giving Troy a chance. But blaming Miles for the Oregon loss is dncFS.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

2 field goals instead of touchdowns = same old losers

Miles does suck. This we know. Fix it and get busy on the rest

Petersen gets the blame for playing him and should be fired if he plays again

Yeah, that'll happen...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

t

Spot on. They always use the phrase the sum is greater than its parts when describing a team like 2000. This feels like the opposite. A bunch of talented individuals who don't work well as a team
    dhdawg said:

t

Spot on. They always use the phrase the sum is greater than its parts when describing a team like 2000. This feels like the opposite. A bunch of talented individuals who don't work well as a team
    Cept almost all of your talent is on one side of the ball. I'd say some of Ty's teams had better talent on offense than this team.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014

Motion to close discussion, game over. Nothing else to hash out here, 24 hour rule now in effect

Next up, ASU
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Motion to close discussion, game over. Nothing else to hash out here, 24 hour rule now in effect

Next up, ASU

I like wallowing in misery. Kindly fuck off until I finish.