Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has Troy Williams been named the starter yet?

Comments

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I agree ... but at least it looks like Williams will try to do it himself if his crappy supporting cast can't get it done.

Miles looks like he's waiting for someone else to help him out ... and that help AIN'T coming.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I just wish Miles would fucking run it. He could be much more dynamic if he would just take off with it. What good is the zone read if there is no read?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

TMacDawg said:

Oregon game highlights...

That video highlight is not indicative of the type of football team we are, quite honestly.
    We had a good week of practice, it's on Pete to get these things fixed.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Okay, so we have 3 mediocre QBs. Run more designed QB run plays, those seem to work well in this conference. The beauty of the situation is... that if one of the mediocre QBs go down, we have 2 more.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Dick_B said:

I just wish Miles would fucking run it. He could be much more dynamic if he would just take off with it. What good is the zone read if there is no read?

I don't get why people think Miles is a great runner. I don't get why people think Troy doesn't deserve a chance before they pronounce him 'mediocre'. And I really don't fucking get why people are thinking Browning is going to be an answer.

This place has turned into doogman after dooging it up before the inevitable loss to the hated Duck.

Fucking shit.

FMFYFE.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2014

Dick_B said:

I don't get why people think Miles is a great runner. I don't get why people think Troy doesn't deserve a chance before they pronounce him 'mediocre'.
    If Troy wasn't mediocre, he'd be starting, that doesn't mean he can't be better, but obviously he isn't yet. Who cares if Miles is a great runner... run him anyway. Who said he had to be great at it, just needs to be good enough to gain a few yards and force the D to respect that fact that he can and will run.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    Dan McGwire fucking sucks! Start Gelbaugh!!!! We need some fucking talent. If Williams starts, they still lose. They. Still. LOSE
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

Dick_B said:

I don't get why people think Miles is a great runner. I don't get why people think Troy doesn't deserve a chance before they pronounce him 'mediocre'. And I really don't fucking get why people are thinking Browning is going to be an answer.

This place has turned into doogman after dooging it up before the inevitable loss to the hated Duck.

Fucking shit.

FMFYFE.
    Miles looked like a pretty good runner last year and in his first couple starts this year. He's not a great runner, but I still think he should run the ball a lot more. When we have called QB runs and options, they have generally worked. He sure as hell isn't a pocket passer. Williams looked to have some quicks too so hopefully if he gets a shot runs are called. This team needs to generate a running game no matter who plays QB. In my opinion, that should be the main priority.
  • Options

Dan McGwire fucking sucks! Start Gelbaugh!!!! We need some fucking talent. If Williams starts, they still lose. They. Still. LOSE

To the Ducks, of course. To the Tree? No.

What kind of fucking doog do you have to be to think we were going to beat Oregon this year? It's like saying that Don James should've beat 'Bama in '86. Fucking Christ. They are a LOT better than us and we don't match up well, plus we have mental problems.

Also, Miles wasn't a great runner last year, he was just a guy who could use his legs sometimes. But, I couldn't agree with you more @RoadDawg55‌, we need to get a running game going and it needs to be Petersen's top offensive priority.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Great post except that Browning should be a good one. Apparently he's unbelievably accurate and pretty mobile. I've heard Aaron Murray as a comparison.

Williams oozes potential and he's more mobile than Miles which will helps the running game (keeping the D honest on the zone-read), helps 3rd down conversions (because he can more easily run for a 1st down if no one is open), and helps an OL that doesn't give the QB enough time.

If we keep starting Miles, teams are going to continue to focus on shutting down our running game and making him beat them with his arm and legs. It's pretty clear now that Miles won't be able to do that against the better teams in the conference and probably won't work against ASU / Todd Graham either.

Dick_B said:

Fucking shit.

FMFYFE.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Great post except that Browning should be a good one. Apparently he's unbelievably accurate and pretty mobile. I've heard Aaron Murray as a comparison.

Williams oozes potential and he's more mobile than Miles which will helps the running game (keeping the D honest on the zone-read), helps 3rd down conversions (because he can more easily run for a 1st down if no one is open), and helps an OL that doesn't give the QB enough time.

If we keep starting Miles, teams are going to continue to focus on shutting down our running game and making him beat them with his arm and legs. It's pretty clear now that Miles won't be able to do that against the better teams in the conference and probably won't work against ASU / Todd Graham either.

Would you like me to list the comparisons that Lindquist, Miles, Williams and KJCS drew as well?

Who gives a fucking shit about Browning? He's just a kid in HS. TBS doogy-ness. Jesus.

Also, the argument that @uzi‌ is using about Troy Williams being mediocre is stupid. Did Peenerman say he didn't pick him because he was mediocre? No. Too high variance in performance (calling @Tequilla) sure, but that's not the same fucking thing as mediocre.

I can't believe how fucktarded everyone got around here in 48 hours.

Christ!

FMFYFE.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

I had already turned the game off in disgust. Was Williams really that much different?

Oregon had their scrubs in playing a Cover 2 under with a 3-man rush. He did what any excited kid would do, he played way harder than anyone else out there because no one gave a fuck but him.

As someone who has been a QB coach for a very long time now this is the hope you get when your starter is struggling but it hardly ever turns into a reality.

Being honest, just give Peterman three or four years to get his team together. Look at any coach that wasn't Chip Kelly. It takes awhile to turn shit into shinola.
    Perfect analogy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHL0y6xvLE
  • Options
    SunDevilHalfBrainSunDevilHalfBrain Member Posts: 13
    5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    If Miles starts it's going to be tough for you because Graham will blitz like there's no tomorrow. I don't thuink Miles can handle that.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dick_B said:

Fucking shit.

FMFYFE.
    Your a fucking cock gobbling faggot.

I hope that helps
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Williams hit the rb out of the back field a few times vs soft coverage and scrambled a few times. BFd. He may also be a turnover machine waiting to happen. Who knows.

Either way if our safeties still take shitty angles and can't tackle and we can't run the ball asu is going to sodomize us on our home field.

Eod
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

If Miles starts it's going to be tough for you because Graham will blitz like there's no tomorrow. I don't thuink Miles can handle that.

Graham is going to blitz like hell regardless of the starter ... if he is smart.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

I had already turned the game off in disgust. Was Williams really that much different?

Oregon had their scrubs in playing a Cover 2 under with a 3-man rush. He did what any excited kid would do, he played way harder than anyone else out there because no one gave a fuck but him.

As someone who has been a QB coach for a very long time now this is the hope you get when your starter is struggling but it hardly ever turns into a reality.

Being honest, just give Peterman three or four years to get his team together. Look at any coach that wasn't Chip Kelly. It takes awhile to turn shit into shinola.
    The only thing to disagree on here is the statement about Kelly, and it's a debatable point. Oregon was a better team and program than UW when Kelly went there as the OC, and a WAY better team when he took over as the HC.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    chuck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

The only thing to disagree on here is the statement about Kelly, and it's a debatable point. Oregon was a better team and program than UW when Kelly went there as the OC, and a WAY better team when he took over as the HC.
    They were already running Kelly's offense in 07 & 08 so it was a seamless transition for him to go from OC to HC.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    Actually yes, please list the comparisons that Lindquist and Miles drew as I'd love to hear them. And no shit that Browning is still in high school...but he's going to be here in the spring and is actually moving up in the recruiting rankings during his senior year which is a positive (vs. someone like Nick Montana LOSING his 4th star, which doesn't happen often). Since Browning committed so early, there's less SIZZLE about him but everything is indicating that he will be a good one.

But I agree with you about people being stupid in talking about TW. Hell, he picked UW over Gus Malzahn at Auburn and I think the world of Malzahn's coaching and scouting abilities. His H.S. scouting reports were also more positive than Miles' and noted his leadership skills.

And while Oregon was rotating some guys in on D, they largely kept their starters in on both sides of the ball because they felt they needed style points with 1 loss already. For instance Mariota played every series even though they were up by 3 scores and in the picture of Williams getting into the end-zone on his good TD run, one can see Oregon's starting safety in the background (Reggie Daniels). Regardless, it was encouraging that Williams didn't press and try to force the ball into coverage to try to look good but instead took what the defense gave him.

HFNY said:

Would you like me to list the comparisons that Lindquist, Miles, Williams and KJCS drew as well?

Who gives a fucking shit about Browning? He's just a kid in HS. TBS doogy-ness. Jesus.

Also, the argument that @uzi‌ is using about Troy Williams being mediocre is stupid. Did Peenerman say he didn't pick him because he was mediocre? No. Too high variance in performance (calling @Tequilla) sure, but that's not the same fucking thing as mediocre.

I can't believe how fucktarded everyone got around here in 48 hours.

Christ!

FMFYFE.