Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has Troy Williams been named the starter yet?

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
This is the defining moment for Petermen this season. Who gives a shit about practice, Miles sucks and everyone on the team knows it. The only life we have seen all season was Williams in mop up. And I don't care if it was mop up, some guys are built for the game, some guys are built for the practice field.

Miles did not look good losing to UCLA and Oregon State was the one game that Seven used Sankey because even Sark knew that Miles sucked.

Mark Brunell was the perfect Don James quarterback who practiced hard and lived in the film room. He also melted in the heat against Colorado and UCLA in 1990 and Arizona and the Rose Bowl in 1992. UW has no national championships if he doesn't blow out his knee. Billy Joe was a fuck up who didn't give a shit about practice, I mean we talking about practice, and he had the best team in school history around him in 1991 but the one game they needed big balls at QB he was there to deliver. Ask the classy Nebraska fans who rose as one when he was done driving his Camaro up their ass.

We thought the offense would suck last night but not the defense. But you have a mentally weak team looking for a reason to quit and Miles gave it to them. Yeah, they suck for quitting and yucking it up like the fucking losers they are, but this team needs someone to take them on his back and lead them with some fire in his belly and strength in his arm. This team knows Miles is a loser. If Petermen doesn't then send his JC as back to Boise.

This is Division One Football, brother.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bingo, gringo.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

Miles sucks right now, but too much focus is on him. Ducks converted every 4th down, had 99 yard drives, Timu drops a pick 6, Mickens drops an early TD pass, we can't run the ball at all. I have never seen Mickens make a play that wasn't routine. Getting down 21-6 and we saw from Miles what we should have expected. He's not good enough to generate a comeback.

Williams may be the answer, but this is typical crying for the back up QB when the starter struggles. I hope we find out. It can't hurt. Paus was better than Pickett. Until he wasn't. Miles was better than Price, yada, yada. This is a worn out narrative.

A journey starts with a single step. If Petermen can't take care of a QB that sucks what confidence is there that he can do the rest that needs done.

It's typical pointing out that Miles sucks. Because he sucks.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I had already turned the game off in disgust. Was Williams really that much different?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Gladstone said:

I had already turned the game off in disgust. Was Williams really that much different?

Well, if you call throwing dimes, leading the team, making plays with his feet and getting players to play with some spirit different, then yeah.

It was garbaggio time, though... so I think we would all like to see him play in non-garbage time. Miles fumbled the ball without anyone touching him like Ronnie Fouch useta do.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

He led an actual drive and scored a TD. Made good on the opportunity. Unlike Lindy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The thing with Price was that it was clear watching him that he wasn't the kind of QB that was going to lead you to a conference championship. The HOPE was that Miles could give you comparable play with a little bit of an added spark.

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The thing about Williams is he's a sub 50% passer in scrimmages with a buttload of INTs, and he's basically Nick Montana with regards to YPCatch = expect a lot of weak 4-7 yard passes. Williams isn't the answer just yet...maybe next year. Huskies will quickly tire of his "poor down-field vision".

Miles is the best UW has right now. UW simply needs to run for 250+ yards a game with Miles as the starter, or lose.

I'd like to see Lindy substituted in for 3-4 plays at a time and do almost solely the option and an occasional long pass.

I think Browning is the next Cody Pickett - may not get into the NFL, but he will probably set records at UW like he has been doing in HS.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2014

This team knows Miles is a loser. If Petermen doesn't then send his JC as back to Boise.

*ass

But yeah, I'll pitch in to a group fund to get Williams a Camaro if it helps.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    Founders Club
    Oregon wanted Williams but he did not like "the way Oregon did Darron Thomas". FWIW
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Oregon wanted Williams but he did not like "the way Oregon did Darron Thomas". FWIW

And now we know why Peterman won't start him ...

He doesn't want to be Oregon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm all for letting Williams play but this is not a change. I bought the hype that he had the higher ceiling after I saw just how low Miley's ceiling really was.

It's still going to be ugly. The OL sucks complete ass and the receivers are even worse. The lack of talent on this offense is fucking brutal to behold. Troy Williams may turn out to be an absolute gamer but he'll still be hamstrung by a shitty supporting cast.