Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

anybody see '4 first round draft picks' on defense last night?

... and no, I don't mean, in a draft where the Raiders have 4 first round choices.

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I ridiculed the '4 first rounders' notion before the game.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Awesomed for the Husky to Oakland pipeline
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Shelton and Kikaha are going in the 1st round, certainly if they continue on to play how they have played so far this year.

Peters is trending downwards but NFL GMs dont give a fuck about personality issues he is likely 2nd round if the draft was today

Shaq is a bit of a mistery because pure LBs dont get drafted very high that often, Im going to say Shaq slips to the 3rd round because he can sometimes struggle to get off blocks
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don't think shaq plays lb in the pros...he will play one of the safety positions
  • Options
    jecornel said:

I don't think shaq plays lb in the pros...he will play one of the safety positions

Who was the last college LB moved to safety in the NFL that was successful?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    Not certain but he has played three different positions and kick returner... he is potentially earl Thomas good

He is nowhere near 230lbs
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Not certain but he has played three different positions and kick returner... he is potentially earl Thomas good

He is nowhere near 230lbs

Earl Thomas is one of the best freshman to ever play defense for the University of Texas as a Strong Safety. He has been probably the best safety in the NFL over the past 3 years.

Shaq isnt even close to being able to play safety at Earl Thomas' level.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    I think shaq has the potential... he has shown tremendous improvement this year...shaq has incredible talents and and could grow into an outstanding safety...

Only time will tell....but I do believe he could grow into an earl Thomas. Some guys are late.bloomers.

I believe pat Tillman played lb at asu and played safety in the NFL.... I would have the dig into my memory banks to think. of others... I will check in with Google.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    All four will be 1st or 2nd round picks. Kikaha is the only one who might not because of injury concerns. All had moments in the game too. There are too many mediocre players and bums still on the defense. The secondary isn't close to being ready to play against a QB like Mariota. The coaches had them in soft coverage all game. The four touted guys are really good.
  • Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I yearn for the old days with Holt,that guy who was the D coordinator before him and all those guys running the D since 2003.

With that being said, I think you guys do have the makings of a GREAT D, this D is NOT one of those pathetic D's like you have had.

But you still have a way to go and I would think this will happen again this year a couple more times and maybe God willing in Pullman this year.........capping off a 2-4 slide for a disappointing 7-6 season.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Earl Thomas just got trucked by tre mason...earl got paid....
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Most of them are still touted as 1st rounder.
    Peters and Shelton for sure, Kikaha probably a 2nd. Not sure on Shaq
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

Troy Polamalu
  • Options

Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

Troy Polamalu
    HUH?

Polamalu received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Southern California, and played for the USC Trojans football team from 1999 to 2002. He spent his first year at USC as a backup where he became a hybrid player, playing at both safety positions. Despite being only a backup player at the time, Polamalu still made his mark in the eight games he played in, collecting two sacks, two forced fumbles and blocking a punt. He became a full-time starter at the strong safety position the following year. He added three blocked punts and two forced fumbles during the season and also saw time on punt return duty.

In 2002, his last year at USC, Polamalu started in all but one game, giving him 36 total starts in his college career. Polamalu finished his career at USC as a three-year starter. In all, he made 278 tackles with 29 of them being behind the line of scrimmage, six interceptions, 13 pass deflections and four blocked punts.

Polamalu, who started for his third yeat at strong safety as a senior in 2002, became USC's first 2-time All-American first team pick since offensive tackle Tony Boselli in 1992 and 1994 by making the 2002 AP, Football Writers, Walter Camp, ESPN.com and CBS.Sportsline.com All-American first teams, The Sporting News All-American second team and CNNSI.com All-American honorable mention. He was 1 of 3 finalists for the Thorpe Award in 2002. He also was a repeat All-Pac-10 first teamer in 2002.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sure. At least half of them had throwback uniforms on.

HTH.