Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Williams real?

Comments

• MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    Keith price looked really good before our crap o-line got him banged up.

I don't see any redeeming qualities in cyler, other than he doesn't throw interceptions because we never let him throw past the LoS.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,250
    edited October 2014

Nothing about this game will tell. Garbage time is more meaningless than preseason.

Miley sucks, so sure go ahead and play him, but you should take absolutely nothing from anything tonight.

I don't really agree. I don't think garbage time is super important, but we've never seen Troy play in a game. His accuracy and quick mind already make him about 50,000 times better than the Viking or the Mile High Shitty.

Quick mind or not thinking thoroughly due to limited experience?

If Troy still plays like he did next year, then I'm in.

Sometimes inexperience helps because you really have not much to think about other than to play to your instincts.

Then again, garbage time.

All points are muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.
    That's fair. You may be right, I may be crazy. But is there anything you've seen out of John Denver that makes you want more given what we saw from Williams tonight? Notice I'm not advocating White Power. White Power is no better than "Dope Power" Miles.
    Sure, dope power's got a cute name that I would like to use here often for the next few more years.
    Dope Power looks like fucking Casey Paus. How people don't see this, I will never understand.
    We don't have a Tui, not even Lockner.

So we might have us a Price but for sure Paus and Fouch -- we fucked.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Williams ha a good dive or two. At one point, so did Miles. He had a cross field throw to Coleman and Mickens dropped a TD. If that was all we saw, we would say Miles was much improved.

Maybe Williams is the guy, Miles certainly isn't owning the job, but LIPO. Don't go full doog and proclaim Williams the savior because of a garbage time series against Oregon's back ups. It can't hurt to give him a shot though.

You're going to have to work pretty hard for this point. Miles sucks and it's obvious. You WTFed my post saying we'd get boat-raced in this game and acted like Cyler was playing pretty well so far. I mean, I don't GAS about any of this and I'm not trying to be a dickface, but you're going to have to let go of your Mile-dooging at some point. Miles looked better, but better compared to a brain-locked piece of dog shit.

Sure it was in garbage time, but Williams immediately looked like he was playing the game at a different mental speed than Dope Power. Is he the savior? I don't know, but he looked good.

He should start against ASU and we'll all get a good look at Young Black Power and then we can decide. But it's obvious if you aren't invested that Miley Cyrus sucks cocks. Lundquist sucks cocks too. YBP was the first guy to throw a ball that was quick, accurate and led to YAC. He was the first QB to make a serious play with his legs (yeah, it was in garbage time, but Miley didn't make plays against Ga State).

I mean, I may be totally wrong about Coleman--but there's no fucking way on earth Miley is any good. Williams needs some room to show what he can do.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970

Williams ha a good dive or two. At one point, so did Miles. He had a cross field throw to Coleman and Mickens dropped a TD. If that was all we saw, we would say Miles was much improved.

Maybe Williams is the guy, Miles certainly isn't owning the job, but LIPO. Don't go full doog and proclaim Williams the savior because of a garbage time series against Oregon's back ups. It can't hurt to give him a shot though.

Right. And re: the D, Doog legend Evan Hudson was demo'd. We had 2 legit DL. Oregon won by wearing the thin D down and crushing both Hudsons. Our roster is so flawed.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't think Miles has been playing well. Beating on him after an easy win vs Cal is over the top. You are reactionary. The first few drives ou were saying Miles looked good. I hope Williams is the guy, but garbage time means nothing. I already said it can't hurt to give him a chance.

We haven't had a QB play well against Oregon since Locker in 2007. That's a simple fact.

I don't think Miles has been playing well. Beating on him after an easy win vs Cal is over the top. You are reactionary. The first few drives ou were saying Miles looked good. I hope Williams is the guy, but garbage time means nothing. I already said it can't hurt to give him a chance.

We haven't had a QB play well against Oregon since Locker in 2007. That's a simple fact.

Wait? What? I have been saying he sucks since day 1. How is that reactionary? I'm consistent. He sucked against Cal even though his stats were kinda good (if you don't care about YPA or QBR), stats are for losers and I'm just staying consistent. It's not fucking over the top, it's called calling spades spades (as you said in another thread, it's all about the blicks, etc.).

And as to point 2, he looked a lot fucking better... then he went back to brain lock and looked like he was playing Stanford again. I'm willing to be convinced and try to keep an open mind, but he played like he was high in the second half.

Williams came in and flashed immediately. Accurate, quick, playmaking, in control, etc. It was garbage time, fine... but, if he was John Elway it would still be garbage time and that wouldn't preclude him from being good just because he did good in garbage time.

I'm saying it was easy to see he was better than Miles immediately.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970
    edited October 2014
    This team cannot be saved by a change in QB. However, Miles is not a threat to gameplan against for the top 6 teams. Maybe with Williams stronger arm, the WRs will have a better chance at making a play...assuming they catch the ball.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Wait? What? I have been saying he sucks since day 1. How is that reactionary? I'm consistent. He sucked against Cal even though his stats were kinda good (if you don't care about YPA or QBR), stats are for losers and I'm just staying consistent. It's not fucking over the top, it's called calling spades spades (as you said in another thread, it's all about the blicks, etc.).

And as to point 2, he looked a lot fucking better... then he went back to brain lock and looked like he was playing Stanford again. I'm willing to be convinced and try to keep an open mind, but he played like he was high in the second half.

Williams came in and flashed immediately. Accurate, quick, playmaking, in control, etc. It was garbage time, fine... but, if he was John Elway it would still be garbage time and that wouldn't preclude him from being good just because he did good in garbage time.

You have been consistent with Miles. I stand corrected. I'm fine with Troy getting a shot. We will see how he does against a real defense when the pressure is on. I'm not going to fully buy a guy that can't beat out Lidquist until I see it.

You have been consistent with Miles. I stand corrected. I'm fine with Troy getting a shot. We will see how he does against a real defense when the pressure is on. I'm not going to fully buy a guy that can't beat out Lidquist until I see it.
    Fair poont.

"Lidquist" - isn't lid a slang word for marijuana or something? I'm not a weed guy so I don't know, but it seems like it is.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club
    Williams clearly is more decisive. Stop defending miles. He's not a Pac 12 champion quarterback. He just isn't. Williams looks like he has faith in himself and just goes. Miley is a fuck tard mentally.
    Either you have it or don't, miles is so hesitant he doesn't know whether to jerk himself or head to the shower in the morning.

The answer, as always, is abundance.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Miles looked really fucking good in relief of Price at UCLA last year. Paus looked amazing in relief of Pickett against the Quooks in 02.

Williams might well be the future, but tonight doesn't really teach us anything about Williams. It was another data point against Cyler though.

I really think Miles might have been respectable with spring with this coaching staff, but he didn't get it, and it might mean he cant' hold his job. I'm all for giving Williams a shot. The game manager who doesn't turn the ball over is fine when you have Jamal Lewis or Frank Gore in their primes pounding the rock down defense's throats.

Not so much when he's handing off to Lavon Coleman.

I don't really see what we have to lose by giving Williams a shot.
    dnc said:

Miles looked really fucking good in relief of Price at UCLA last year. Paus looked amazing in relief of Pickett against the Quooks in 02.

If you really think those things, you are SupercanuckFS.

For the record (not that you would know), I disagreeeeeeeeeeed with all of those things when doogs said them as they happened. Casey didn't do shit against the Ducks except for throw play-action passes when we had a great running game. Miles looked average against UCLA. He threw inaccurately and was generally overrated because Doogs love the backup QB.

I hate backup QBs. But you can't really call YBP a true 'backup' because it's not like John Denver is an established starter. Both those things happened with an entrenched 3-year starter. If Miley was in his third year and was being ruined by a shitty coach, terrible OL and bashed by fans, I would feel differently.

Instead, he just fucking sucks.

Can you tell I've had a half-rack of Diet Mountain Dew today? Christ. I'm getting into Tequila territory with poast-length. Jesus.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

If you really think those things, you are SupercanuckFS.

For the record (not that you would know), I disagreeeeeeeeeeed with all of those things when doogs said them as they happened. Casey didn't do shit against the Ducks except for throw play-action passes when we had a great running game. Miles looked average against UCLA. He threw inaccurately and was generally overrated because Doogs love the backup QB.

I hate backup QBs. But you can't really call YBP a true 'backup' because it's not like John Denver is an established starter. Both those things happened with an entrenched 3-year starter. If Miley was in his third year and was being ruined by a shitty coach, terrible OL and bashed by fans, I would feel differently.

Instead, he just fucking sucks.

Can you tell I've had a half-rack of Diet Mountain Dew today? Christ. I'm getting into Tequila territory with poast-length. Jesus.
    disagree
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    Doogles said:

Williams clearly is more decisive. Stop defending miles. He's not a Pac 12 champion quarterback. He just isn't. Williams looks like he has faith in himself and just goes. Miley is a fuck tard mentally.
    Either you have it or don't, miles is so hesitant he doesn't know whether to jerk himself or head to the shower in the morning.

The answer, as always, is abundance.

Williams had quite a bit of hype surrounding him, it was surprising that he chose UW over Oregon at the time, tbh. Sure he's unproven and couldn't beat the other two dipshits out, but I disagree that garbage time in a actual game against the best team in the pac has less merit than throwing picks in practice. He has a better arm than Miles, period. Teams just load the box on us and dare Miles to beat them deep, which he can't do, or has only done once or twice all season. Williams was fucking fired up after juking Oregon's (yes backups) entire D to get that touchdown. The season is fucking over. We are massively embarrassed. Time to see what the kid can do, imo.
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    Miles looks like a paranoid junky when he's out there. He's Fouch with a Casey Paus delivery. It's fucking ridiculous he's as bad as he is.

Williams has got game. It's not so much about his brief quarterback play as his energy and enthusiasm. It was all impressive, but his fire stood out and was the only fucking good thing in a total shit-the-bed game.

I'd live with a few more turnovers from Williams if it meant stretching the field and scoring more points on offensive (no shit!).

I know Peterson said he's looking for a "game manager" that doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but Jesus Christ, Miles is the definition of a train-wreck quarterback.

And yeah, the fact Troy was behind Lindy and Miles worries me, but there's also dozens of instances when the right guy came from deep on the depth chart.

Who the fuck knows. Just start fucking Williams and see what the fuck happens.
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2014
    MakaDawg said:

Williams has got game. It's not so much about his brief quarterback play as his energy and enthusiasm. It was all impressive, but his fire stood out and was the only fucking good thing in a total shit-the-bed game.

You've got it so backwards. The dude was cumming all over himself over scoring a touchdown in the garbagest of garbage-times. That's not a positive. That's the attitude that led to this mess in the first place.

His play here was so meaningless. The reason to start him is the ineptitude of The twerker, not his garbage time minutes. Miley is shit, so go ahead and start the backup to see if he's better.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

MakaDawg said:

You've got it so backwards. The dude was cumming all over himself over scoring a touchdown in the garbagest of garbage-times. That's not a positive. That's the attitude that led to this mess in the first place.

His play here was so meaningless. The reason to start him is the ineptitude of The twerker, not his garbage time minutes. Miley is shit, so go ahead and start the backup to see if he's better.

You're right, he should've showed more class like that guy Tebow, or Jack Lockner.
  • HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    H_D said:

MakaDawg said:

Fuck off. The guy just scored his first ever college touchdown. He was fucking excited, don't go reading too much into his character because he showed a little emotion.
    Exactly. He showed more poise, decisiveness, and want-to on that play than I saw out of any other player in purple white tonight. If he wants to celebrate his first career TD, I'm fine with it. He fucking earned it.