Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Williams real?

What I liked when I first saw him throw was he doesn't second guess himself like Cyler, he commits do what he is going to do. I don't know about his passes downfield or if this guy is not even in consideration, but I like him. Doubt he'll start over Cyler though.

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    He barked a bit immediately. The kid is good and was an actual winner in HS (Miles was the QB when his HS stopped their massive winning streak). He threw dimes, ran confident and fast... what's not to like? The kid is good.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    You guys just thought your D was for real. Give it a few days and you'll see that this moment of excitement over the sub smacks of Price's debut as a sudden first time starter at Autzen.

Keith went on to do zip, point, shit.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    How is Williams 3rd on the depth chart?

What does Peterman see we don't?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Canard said:

You guys just thought your D was for real. Give it a few days and you'll see that this moment of excitement over the sub smacks of Price's debut as a sudden first time starter at Autzen.

Keith Price is Joe Montana compared to what we have now
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,250
    Canard said:

float's got a point but sven's now in SC.
    topdawgnc said:

How is Williams 3rd on the depth chart?

What does Peterman see we don't?

Turnovers in practice. He's said as much.
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Nothing about this game will tell. Garbage time is more meaningless than preseason.

Miley sucks, so sure go ahead and play him, but you should take absolutely nothing from anything tonight.
    The reason I would consider starting Williams doesn't have much to do with what Williams did tonight. He seems to have a good arm, good mobility, and decent pocket presence, but we know that beforehand.
    The reason is you can't get much worse than what miles has been this season

Nothing about this game will tell. Garbage time is more meaningless than preseason.

Miley sucks, so sure go ahead and play him, but you should take absolutely nothing from anything tonight.

I don't really agree. I don't think garbage time is super important, but we've never seen Troy play in a game. His accuracy and quick mind already make him about 50,000 times better than the Viking or the Mile High Shitty.

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970
    Miley can't throw. Fact. Oregon wasn't threatened over the top and our Ivy League slow RBs posed no threat. I say play Williams. At least he can challenge D's over the top or throw a bubble screen with some zip.
    Unless we're actually going to use miles' mobility. What are we playing him for. He's not an FBS caliber passer, he just isn't

I don't really agree. I don't think garbage time is super important, but we've never seen Troy play in a game. His accuracy and quick mind already make him about 50,000 times better than the Viking or the Mile High Shitty.

Quick mind or not thinking thoroughly due to limited experience?

If Troy still plays like he did next year, then I'm in.

Sometimes inexperience helps because you really have not much to think about other than to play to your instincts.

Then again, garbage time.

All points are muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

What I liked when I first saw him throw was he doesn't second guess himself like Cyler, he commits do what he is going to do. I don't know about his passes downfield or if this guy is not even in consideration, but I like him. Doubt he'll start over Cyler though.

I think the best thing to happen to Cyler was throwing the INT. After that he stood in there with poise and started slinging the ball around with confidence and purpose.

Obviously the fumble didn't help.

Sometimes inexperience helps because you really have not much to think about other than to play to your instincts.

That's fair. You may be right, I may be crazy. But is there anything you've seen out of John Denver that makes you want more given what we saw from Williams tonight? Notice I'm not advocating White Power. White Power is no better than "Dope Power" Miles.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,514 Founders Club
    Canard said:

I knew this Quook idiot would come out of the woodwork

That's fair. You may be right, I may be crazy. But is there anything you've seen out of John Denver that makes you want more given what we saw from Williams tonight? Notice I'm not advocating White Power. White Power is no better than "Dope Power" Miles.
    Sure, dope power's got a cute name that I would like to use here often for the next few more years.

Sure, dope power's got a cute name that I would like to use here often for the next few more years.
    Dope Power looks like fucking Casey Paus. How people don't see this, I will never understand.