Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Iron Laws today

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

UCLA has tradition. It's nothing compared to USC's, but I would put it against any other team including Warshington. Oregon bought their tradition by acting like complete attention whores. I guess the people under 30 think they might have tradition.

I think location is relevant when it comes to remote places like Pullman. Eugene is sort of close to Portland. It's probably harder to build a program from the towns and small cities, but once you are established as a program I don't think it matters much.

Location matters a little bit in the Pac12 (basically, Pullman). It doesn't matter at all nationally. The schools in Tallahassee and Gainesville can be just as much of a power as the school in Miami. The school in Athens is more of a power than the school in Atlanta. The schools in Lincoln and Norman have just as much tradition as the school in Austin.

Pullman is the outlier because it sucks so exceptionally hard, but basically location means nothing in CFB.