Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW @ Cal prediction thread

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    FrankBear21FrankBear21 Member Posts: 31
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Since 3 of the 4 LPT members are taking Cal, I'm liking UW a lot in this one ...

Abundance.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Since 3 of the 4 LPT members are taking Cal, I'm liking UW a lot in this one ...

Abundance.

Lemon Party Trio has 4 members now? Interesting...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,888
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

I like to go on the UW@Cal prediction thread and "WTF" any poast that predicts UW will win. I also like to not poast my own prediction. I know that me just clicking on "WTF" is really proving my point and sticking it to all those doogs. That's what I like to do.

#Blackie

It sounds like you care.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Blackie is running rings around you guys, christ.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Blackie said:

H_D said:

I like to go on the UW@Cal prediction thread and "WTF" any poast that predicts UW will win. I also like to not poast my own prediction. I know that me just clicking on "WTF" is really proving my point and sticking it to all those doogs. That's what I like to do.

#Blackie

Hey check our WTF-clicking-protocol-superiority-guy over here.

Cal will score at least 40. UDub won't.

HTH
    Thanks for showing up to the party.

So your prediction is Cal > 40, UW < 40? Riveting stuff.

For the record, I don't give a shit if you think Cal wins or not. You might be right. Either way, just come out and say it instead of lurking in the shadows being a pussy and not poasting your prediction.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

____ _ _ __ __ _____
    | _ \ | | | | | \/ | | __ \
    | |_) | | | | | | \ / | | |__) |
    | _ < | | | | | |\/| | | ___/
    | |_) | | |__| | | | | | | |
    |____/ \____/ |_| |_| |_|

• Options
    Blackie said:

H_D said:

#Blackie

Hey check our WTF-clicking-protocol-superiority-guy over here.

HTH
    On second thought, keep lurking in the shadows like a pussy. Your picks are fucking terrible.

DIAFF.

HTH
    ;) <--------------(faggoty wink)
  • Options
    Blackie said:

You were half right.

I guess when your team can play D, you don't need to score 40 on Cal.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options

45-20 cal

FO, FB21
  • Options
    uzi said:

UW 43 - Cal 24

To evaluate my own pick... our O still has some work to do.

Our D was even better than I expected... some turnover luck helped as well.

If 5-1 in his first 6 games as the UW coach is Pete's process... I guess I'll take it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    uzi said:

uzi said:

UW 43 - Cal 24

To evaluate my own pick... our O still has some work to do.

Our D was even better than I expected... some turnover luck helped as well.

If 5-1 in his first 6 games as the UW coach is Pete's process... I guess I'll take it.
    It's amazing what a halfway decent defense can do against the Air Raid.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    http://washington.scout.com/story/1462211-dawgman-predictions?s=147

Washington heads to the Bay Area, Strawberry Canyon to be precise, to take on the surprising California Golden Bears. The Bears offense has been high octane, led by super sophomore Jared Goff. Will the Huskies be able to keep up with the hosts? Here is what the staff thinks will happen Saturday afternoon in Berkeley.

Pat Thrapp - Numbers Guru (5-0): I don't really think I know what to expect anymore. All I can really hope for is that they will play hard and something good will come from it. Each game seems to be a whole new adventure. I would like to see Cyler stay in the pocket a little longer. Cal takes fewer plays and covers more yards quicker to score points than we do. Yet time of possession is almost the same. I suppose we start on offense with better field position. Must be all the turnovers we are getting. On the road against a team that has shown that they can gain a boatload of yards. I think we are at a disadvantage. Washington 20 at California 24

Prediction: California 24, Washington 20
    Jay Torrell - Sports Washington Creative Director (4-1): Strength versus strength. Weakness versus ineptness. Which wins out? I say the dawgs offense isn't as bad as the cal defense. This weekend Chris Petersen gets his first road Pac-12 victory. Upwards and onwards.

Prediction: Washington 42, California 38
    Marshall Cherrington - Intern Extraordinaire (4-1): This is where I really think you see coach Petersen doing what coach Petersen is known for: coaching, and coaching well. Now this sounds completely simplistic. But coming off a bye week, coach Pete has had tons of time to coach up his players on what he hasn’t been pleased with. He mentioned after the Stanford game how he they needed to get back to the basics with Cyler. I think these past two weeks gave him a chance to do this and we’ll see an improved Cyler Miles on Saturday against a weak Cal defense. The offensive line had some holes. I’m guessing that was a point of emphasis for Strausser and Petersen these past two weeks as well. Heck, the whole offense was a point of emphasis for Petersen and staff. If Petersen is who I really think he is as a coach, the Huskies win this game on Saturday no problem. If he’s not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cal win it. Should be a fun one in Berkley.

Prediction: Washington 38, California 34
    Scott Eklund - Recruiting Editor (5-0): Chris Petersen is very good after the bye week. His teams have gone 18-2 after a week off, so the temptation is just to take the Huskies in this game, but there is a lot more that goes into it. Cal's offense is explosive. The only chance the Huskies have of stopping the Golden Bears is if they get pressure on Jeff Goff who can scatter the ball around when he gets pressured. However, if they don't, Goff will light the Husky secondary up for 400 yards. On the flip side, while the Cal defense still looks pretty bad, although they aren't as bad as they were last season, Washington's offense has looked pedestrian at best and hasn't shown much of an ability to put up points consistently. I think this game is a close one, but until I see the Dawgs be able to be more consistent on offense, I just don't see them outscoring an explosive offense like Cal's.

Prediction: California 38, Washington 28
    Chris Fetters - Editor In Chief (4-1) : After Cal's four high-scoring affairs in a row, it's hard to envision a scenario where UW doesn't score a ton of points Saturday, but will the Huskies be able to stop Jared Goff and a Golden Bear attack that looks incapable of not scoring? Cal is going to score; they are just set up that way and are playing at too high a level and have too much confidence. But how much has the last month gotten to Cal emotionally? I know they are young kids in the prime of their life and they can bounce back as well as anyone, but we're not talking about the physical or mental elements; we're talking about the emotional investment that eventually has to exact a toll. How many more games can Cal play this way? At the beginning of the week I thought Cal would probably win by 10, but now I think it's a pick-em, with a field goal winning either way. I just don't see the away team coming out with a win here, as much as I feel Cal will eventually have to crumble, at least a little bit, and come back to earth.

Prediction: California 41, Washington 38
    Kim Grinolds – CEO (4-1) : Funny things happen at Cal. They always do. I don’t know if it’s telegraph avenue, Coit Tower, or Height-Ashbury, but whenever Washington heads down to Berkeley, it’s an adventure. You never know what to expect. I think Cyler will give you glimpses of what he’s capable of, and the D will play just good enough to eke out a Dawg win on the road.

Prediction: Washington 38, California 34
    David Samek - The Dawgman (5-0): It will be fun to watch what Coach Pete and his staff come up with following a bye week. He should give plenty of surprises, as no one really can tell what they are cooking up. You have to trust the man you hired, and I do. However it’s clear to me that this year is going to be a “foundational” season where Petersen instills his system that will be here for years to come. It’s coming at the sacrifice of this season, but you have to keep the big picture in mind. Hopefully Shaq enjoys his homecoming but I foresee Mr. Goff throwing all over the young and bewildered Husky secondary, maybe for 400 yards. Washington doesn’t have the horses on offense to stay with the Bears, not without Bishop Sankey toting the rock.

Prediction: California 48, Washington 31.

• Options
    Christ, when Kim grinolds is the voice of reason it truly is the fucking dreckfest of fucking dreckfests

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Funny how none of the insiders had a clue that our defense would come up big.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club
    "Height-Ashbury"

LOL
  • Options
    LaZoris said:

http://washington.scout.com/story/1462211-dawgman-predictions?s=147

Blah blah blah

Complete diarrhea of the mouth

Blah blah blah

Be careful. That's premium content you are poasting there.