Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterman goes in-depth on OKG

Gohuskies article... Basically he says what we have been trying to explain to recruiting doogs since he was hired: OKG does not mean not talented.

gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209703741

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Petersen’s first full recruiting class at Boise State in 2007 produced 10 players who appeared on NFL rosters. Those recruits provided the baseline for the O.K.G. formula. That a class rated No. 68 in the nation by Rivals.com and No. 57 by Scout.com produced that many NFL prospects begs the question: What will Petersen do with recruits who rank among the best in the nation?
    @fauxdawgman‌ true?!!11??!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I just don't see him relating to black players edgier kids from LA and stuff.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Calling out Shelton is a great example ... kid with a ton of talent that didn't always seem to get the most out of himself under Sark ... drifted a bit at times.

When you watch him this year, he's appearing to be much more focused on what he's doing both on and off the field. The results speak for themselves.

Really I look at an OKG as someone that understands that making yourself into a better player/person is something that you have to work at every single day ... you just can't all of a sudden say that you want to be better and it just magically happens.

“That’s part of the O.K.G. thing,” Petersen said. “He wants to get better. He’s maturing and learning a lot of things. He’s been here a long time, but that’s an O.K.G. to me.”

Little dig at Sark?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Calling out Shelton is a great example ... kid with a ton of talent that didn't always seem to get the most out of himself under Sark ... drifted a bit at times.

When you watch him this year, he's appearing to be much more focused on what he's doing both on and off the field. The results speak for themselves.

Really I look at an OKG as someone that understands that making yourself into a better player/person is something that you have to work at every single day ... you just can't all of a sudden say that you want to be better and it just magically happens.

“That’s part of the O.K.G. thing,” Petersen said. “He wants to get better. He’s maturing and learning a lot of things. He’s been here a long time, but that’s an O.K.G. to me.”

Little dig at Sark?
    Happens often - don't think that Petersen has a lot of love for Sark.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Little dig at Sark?
    Happens often - don't think that Petersen has a lot of love for Sark.
    Running the Montlake School for Wayward Boys can't be much fun at times.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm not saying he's like Ty, don't be a twister.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm not saying he's like Ty, don't be a twister.

Shawn Alexander and the NAACP agree.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hey Petersen, this isn't the WAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!

You're right, the WAC actually beats oregon
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    String says fuck off.