Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kal fans are FS and deserve Owen 12

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?87135-Demystifying-UW

A riveting statistical analysis. Flawless, even. And the posters below him that agree with his assessments, and bring up the fact that +2.2 TO margin per game is unsustainable? Remarkable!

I wonder if Kal fans know that football games are won and lost by points, not yards. Or the fact that Kal has given up 55 PPG and 690 YPG against Pac-12 teams. And not even against good Pac-12 teams, but against two of the worst in Colorado and Wazzu (and a severely overranked Arizona team that only played 1 half of football and still won).

They're about on the cuog's level of overconfidence after a 4-1 start in which all their real wins have been by 7 points against NW, 3 points against Colorado (in OT) and 1 point against Wazzu.

They deserve 0-12 more than just about anyone right now.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As long as Peters is in this game we have a really good chance. A couple of 3rd down pass breakups, or *one* timely interception can bury these fucktards, provided our run game isn't dismal.
  • Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Goff will force many of you into believer status this saturday. He is in fact the real deal. The D is not good but they will not need to be this week against the road dawgs.

Could get ugly in fact.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Goff will force many of you into believer status this saturday. He is in fact the real deal. The D is not good but they will not need to be this week against the road dawgs.

Could get ugly in fact.

LEAVE!!!!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why you Bears.....

• Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment

Could get ugly in fact.

LEAVE!!!!
    Now I am real confused because when I came back to this thread, I was greeted with a message that I had scored two points and the "best way to fit in was to join in the fray."

Besides the guy with the Gilby avatar gave me a up vote.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Could get ugly in fact.

Goff is the 2nd best qb in the conference for sure. But I doubt it gets out of hand early
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2014
    dhdawg said:

Could get ugly in fact.

Goff is the 2nd best qb in the conference for sure. But I doubt it gets out of hand early
    Why do you hate the greatest human to ever throw a football?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    dhdawg said:

Could get ugly in fact.

Disagree. It's way too early to call him the second best. He might be really good, but the system helps. See Connor Halladay. Sean Mannion tore it up last season before facing the real teams. Look at his stats from last year. Mariota and Kelly are certainly better. Hundley, Solomon, Mannion, and Halladay are right there with Goff.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goff is playing on Sundays. Put him way ahead of Hundley, Mannion, and Halladay. Solomon seems to have a little Tui in him and makes plays to win games but the verdict is still out. Either way, we have the worst of the lot.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Goff is playing on Sundays. Put him way ahead of Hundley, Mannion, and Halladay. Solomon seems to have a little Tui in him and makes plays to win games but the verdict is still out. Either way, we have the worst of the lot.

I'm not saying Goff isn't good. It's too early to suck his dick this hard though. He hasn't played one game against a good defense. Sean Mannion was the best QB in the country last year until week 8. He had 29 TD's and 3 INT's and was averaging over 400 yards per game until the Stanford game. LIPO with Goff.
    Still might not. Our boys need to step up their game and bring some consistency.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475

Now I am real confused because when I came back to this thread, I was greeted with a message that I had scored two points and the "best way to fit in was to join in the fray."

Our Gilby as OC (1989-1991) > Our Gilby as OC (1999-2002) >Your Gilby as HC > Our Gilby as HC
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Could get ugly in fact.

LEAVE!!!!

You care about your upvotes, especially from that Gilby avatar guy?

DIAFF!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It amazes me when people think that turnovers are some "lucky" stat ... there's a little more skill involved in them than people want to acknowledge.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Could get ugly in fact.

LEAVE!!!!

FREE PUB!
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It amazes me when people think that turnovers are some "lucky" stat ... there's a little more skill involved in them than people want to acknowledge.

That's pretty much the TL, DR version of what I said
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Agreed. The only lucky part is percentage of fumbles recovered, which is almost completely random. But interceptions, interceptions thrown, fumbles caused and times fumbled are all functions of skill or lack thereof.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Agreed. The only lucky part is percentage of fumbles recovered, which is almost completely random. But interceptions, interceptions thrown, fumbles caused and times fumbled are all functions of skill or lack thereof.
    You can change the luck to skill ratio to an extent. How many times do you see guys just try to scoop a fumble instead of just falling on it? During the early season practice videos I remember seeing UW drilling falling on balls over and over again. If you want to talk about aspects of the game that really start to show up when attention to detail is applied, turnovers are a good example.