Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Alabama-Ole Miss Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Also, tailgating in teh Grove is fucking awesome, and there is no better gameday experience anywhere than at Ole Miss. Other than a parking nightmare, the campus couldn't have been built any better for football Saturdays.

One of these years, I'm going to get there for the experience. I don't even care about going to the game. I just want to tailgate down there and see what it's all about.
    Most years they don't care about going to the game either. Huge Freeze has got them believing it's worth it to make it into the stadium these days though.
    They like the sizzle then. They might lose 4 of their next 5. Alabama, @A&M, Tennessee, @LSU, Auburn.
    No kidding. I think they find a way to win one of those SEC West games as well as UT, but that's a tough stretch for sure. If I had to pick one I'd say Ole Miss beats Auburn.

So far Freeze has done a good job making Ole Miss respectable (they were 1-15 in the SEC the two years before he came in). But he hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet outside of some offseason NC contention. If he doesn't get to a winning record in the SEC this year I'm not sure when he ever will. Drawing Tennessee and at Vandy is the easiest possible combo from the east. He should beat Arkansas and Mississippi State (who is more overrated than Ole Miss) to get to .500, so it's going to come down to these next four games against the west. Can he pull one out? If so, that's legitimate progress for Ole Miss, assuming he doesn't drop one he shouldn't. If he can pull two out they should look like a real contender going forward, as they're still pretty young.
    You obviously know your southern foosball better than I, but how the fuck is Miss State more ovverrated than Ole Miss?

They went into death valley and beat the fuck out of LSU (before almost coouging it, granted)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Also, tailgating in teh Grove is fucking awesome, and there is no better gameday experience anywhere than at Ole Miss. Other than a parking nightmare, the campus couldn't have been built any better for football Saturdays.

One of these years, I'm going to get there for the experience. I don't even care about going to the game. I just want to tailgate down there and see what it's all about.
    Most years they don't care about going to the game either. Huge Freeze has got them believing it's worth it to make it into the stadium these days though.
    They like the sizzle then. They might lose 4 of their next 5. Alabama, @A&M, Tennessee, @LSU, Auburn.
    No kidding. I think they find a way to win one of those SEC West games as well as UT, but that's a tough stretch for sure. If I had to pick one I'd say Ole Miss beats Auburn.

So far Freeze has done a good job making Ole Miss respectable (they were 1-15 in the SEC the two years before he came in). But he hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet outside of some offseason NC contention. If he doesn't get to a winning record in the SEC this year I'm not sure when he ever will. Drawing Tennessee and at Vandy is the easiest possible combo from the east. He should beat Arkansas and Mississippi State (who is more overrated than Ole Miss) to get to .500, so it's going to come down to these next four games against the west. Can he pull one out? If so, that's legitimate progress for Ole Miss, assuming he doesn't drop one he shouldn't. If he can pull two out they should look like a real contender going forward, as they're still pretty young.
    You obviously know your southern foosball better than I, but how the fuck is Miss State more ovverrated than Ole Miss?

They went into death valley and beat the fuck out of LSU (before almost coouging it, granted)
    Yep, State has the signature win, but I like Ole Miss better for two reasons: Defense and coaching. State gave up 430+ yards passing to UAB. LSU typically can't throw the ball well because Les Miles sucks at coaching the passing game, but that secondary will bite them against TAMU and Ole Miss and probably even Bama.

More importantly, State is coached by Dan Mullen, who sucks ass. We don't know if Freeze is any good, but we already know Mullen is turrible. He's like 2-35 against ranked teams (okay exaggerating a bit, but his record is really bad).

Ole Miss finishes ahead of State in the polls, the standings, and beats State this year. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if State finishes behind Arky in the West, though they probably beat Bielema head to head since Arkansas can't pass. But still sixth in the division is the best I see them finishing. State's win over LSU might be Stanford's win over USC in Harbaugh's first year.

#SECSuperiorityGuy
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,414
    Founders Club

It's going to be great to stop giving a fuck about Mississippi again 24 hours from now.

You mean like the Stanford game? ;)
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Why do southerners dress up for college football games?

Is it some insecurity thing?

"Look at me Yankee. I wear nice clothes and have an education. Please don't confuse me with the inbreds. Thank yaallll."

they have a strange obsession with tucked in polos down there. I always "lol" at what people are wearing when I watch SEC games.

lots of goofy looking dudes with hot women, though.

those southern belle's need some tuff liberal loggers in their lives
    The whole 'untucked polo' was created to let fat guys think they look less fat.

Seriously.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's going to be great to stop giving a fuck about Mississippi again 24 hours from now.

Fucktards that don't know shit about college football give a shit about it today because ESPN is telling them to.

Fucking sheeple.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Fucktards that don't know shit about college football give a shit about it today because ESPN is telling them to.

Fucking sheeple.
    Or it could be that the SEC West midgets have managed to suck just a bit less than all the other fucking dreckfest in CFB.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking sheeple.
    Or it could be that the SEC West midgets have managed to suck just a bit less than all the other fucking dreckfest in CFB.
    You have more faith in humanity than I do.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Fucking sheeple.
    You have more faith in humanity than I do.
    Fuck humanity.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Katy Perry was fucking terrible on gameday, Wjw
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

Katy Perry was is always fucking terrible on gameday, Wjw

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yep, State has the signature win, but I like Ole Miss better for two reasons: Defense and coaching. State gave up 430+ yards passing to UAB. LSU typically can't throw the ball well because Les Miles sucks at coaching the passing game, but that secondary will bite them against TAMU and Ole Miss and probably even Bama.

More importantly, State is coached by Dan Mullen, who sucks ass. We don't know if Freeze is any good, but we already know Mullen is turrible. He's like 2-35 against ranked teams (okay exaggerating a bit, but his record is really bad).

Ole Miss finishes ahead of State in the polls, the standings, and beats State this year. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if State finishes behind Arky in the West, though they probably beat Bielema head to head since Arkansas can't pass. But still sixth in the division is the best I see them finishing. State's win over LSU might be Stanford's win over USC in Harbaugh's first year.

#SECSuperiorityGuy
    Uhhhh SEC Superiority Guy.....did you really compare this Miss State team to that fucking 1-11 Furd team?

Miss State is good dude
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

#SECSuperiorityGuy
    Uhhhh SEC Superiority Guy.....did you really compare this Miss State team to that fucking 1-11 Furd team?

Miss State is good dude
    I still say Ole Miss finishes ahead of them.

LIFPO

Dak Prescott is a fucking load though.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Miss State is the reel deel. No fucking way is Ole Miss better.
  • Options

LIFPO
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

LIFPO
    "Miss State is Tabitha Prichard's stanfurd"

- Sec Superiority Guy
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miss State will be good with this QB. I could see them winning 10 mainly because of him. LIPO is right though. If you didn't know it was only a matter of time before A&M's defense got shredded, you haven't been paying attention. Sumlin is Sark except he's actually a great offensive mind. Overrated coach though. The rest of his team gets shoved to the side.
  • Options
    Dan Mullen is 1-12 against ranked teams...at home.

Fucking terrible.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Fucking terrible.

You have no idea of the damage that Jackie Sherrill did
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Fucking terrible.

Miss State has sucked dick forever. Needed time to get his own guyz in
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Fucking terrible.

Ty disagrees.