Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Alabama-Ole Miss Game Thread

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,569
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Are you ready?
    Hell yea!
    Damn right!
    Hotty Toddy, gosh almighty,
    Who the hell are we?
    HEY!
    Flim Flam, Bim Bam, OLE MISS BY DAMN!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Why do southerners dress up for college football games?

Is it some insecurity thing?

"Look at me Yankee. I wear nice clothes and have an education. Please don't confuse me with the inbreds. Thank yaallll."
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,795
    Founders Club

"Look at me Yankee. I wear nice clothes and have an education. Please don't confuse me with the inbreds. Thank yaallll."

they have a strange obsession with tucked in polos down there. I always "lol" at what people are wearing when I watch SEC games.

lots of goofy looking dudes with hot women, though.

those southern belle's need some tuff liberal loggers in their lives
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Jeez you guys need to get some perspective

I used to rock the khakis, polo, and boat shoe - it's all about taking a little pride in your appearance

• Options

dnc said:

Are you ready?
    Hell yea!
    Damn right!
    Hotty Toddy, gosh almighty,
    Who the hell are we?
    HEY!
    Flim Flam, Bim Bam, OLE MISS BY DAMN!

the fuck
    I suppose you prefer this one?

Hey Ole Miss
    Hey Ole Miss
    Hey Ole Miss
    We just beat the hell outta you
    Rammer Jammer
    Yellow Hammer
    Give 'Em Hell, Alabama!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    It's going to be great to stop giving a fuck about Mississippi again 24 hours from now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Mock dressing up for the games all you want, but if you really believe it has anything to do with what people in the north might think you are fucking clueless.

Personally I'm against tucked in polo frat douche, but I support southern hotties in sun dresses.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The South is a strange area.
  • Options
    Also, tailgating in teh Grove is fucking awesome, and there is no better gameday experience anywhere than at Ole Miss. Other than a parking nightmare, the campus couldn't have been built any better for football Saturdays.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I used to rock the khakis, polo, and boat shoe - it's all about taking a little pride in your appearance

sperrys, nike socks, long black shorts, and a cutoff.

freshman year SWAG
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's going to be great to stop giving a fuck about Mississippi again 24 hours from now.

#MyRebels
  • Options

sperrys, nike socks, long black shorts, and a cutoff dick.

freshman year SWAG
    minor correction
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Also, tailgating in teh Grove is fucking awesome, and there is no better gameday experience anywhere than at Ole Miss. Other than a parking nightmare, the campus couldn't have been built any better for football Saturdays.

One of these years, I'm going to get there for the experience. I don't even care about going to the game. I just want to tailgate down there and see what it's all about.
  • Options

dnc said:

One of these years, I'm going to get there for the experience. I don't even care about going to the game. I just want to tailgate down there and see what it's all about.
    Most years they don't care about going to the game either. Huge Freeze has got them believing it's worth it to make it into the stadium these days though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Most years they don't care about going to the game either. Huge Freeze has got them believing it's worth it to make it into the stadium these days though.
    They like the sizzle then. They might lose 4 of their next 5. Alabama, @A&M, Tennessee, @LSU, Auburn.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What the fuck has Ole Miss done this year to be ranked as high as they are?

I picked them to beat Bama, because at this point I'm hoping for an epic clusterfuck which leads to a 16 team playoff, but I don't know shit about them
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014

I picked them to beat Bama, because at this point I'm hoping for an epic clusterfuck which leads to a 16 team playoff, but I don't know shit about them

They had the number one recruiting class one year (I'm sure there wasn't any funny business -extreme amounts of sarcasm). It was either 2012 or 2013. Besides that, I know as much as you. They're SEC, so they automatically get bumped.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

They like the sizzle then. They might lose 4 of their next 5. Alabama, @A&M, Tennessee, @LSU, Auburn.
    No kidding. I think they find a way to win one of those SEC West games as well as UT, but that's a tough stretch for sure. If I had to pick one I'd say Ole Miss beats Auburn.

So far Freeze has done a good job making Ole Miss respectable (they were 1-15 in the SEC the two years before he came in). But he hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet outside of some offseason NC contention. If he doesn't get to a winning record in the SEC this year I'm not sure when he ever will. Drawing Tennessee and at Vandy is the easiest possible combo from the east. He should beat Arkansas and Mississippi State (who is more overrated than Ole Miss) to get to .500, so it's going to come down to these next four games against the west. Can he pull one out? If so, that's legitimate progress for Ole Miss, assuming he doesn't drop one he shouldn't. If he can pull two out they should look like a real contender going forward, as they're still pretty young.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

They haven't really done anything. Had a lot of hype coming into the year, then pounded Boise and Vandy to start the year before easily handling a couple of scrimmages. I guess you could say they played Memphis better than UCLA did, but that's not very significant.

In a vacuum I'd put them closer to #15, but, much like when everyone went off about UCLA #8, who is below them who deserves to be ranked higher? Outside of Richetty Rod, I don't see anyone. Ole Miss's schedule hasn't been TUFF by any stretch, but they've pounded everybody they've played and their defense looks to be for real. More importantly, CFB is a fucking dreckfest.