Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Have your expectations for the season changed?

Do you still remember your preseason expectations?

Were you expecting a 9-win season? A 10-win season? Maybe even 11? What about winning the Pac-12 Conference? An elite bowl game? Do you still expect UW to reach those goals after what you've seen thus far? Have these games revised your expectations for the season? What about the play of the other Pac-12 teams?

For me, I predicted 10 wins (Boobs, read this as 6) with losses to Stanford, Oregon and UCLA (with the requirement that we're competitive in each and no plungers). I figured the team would take a step-back in offensive personnel but take a step up in coaching, and for the most part, that's been true. I was a little concerned at first when Petersen said he was going to have to teach the fundamentals to the players all Spring and continue into the Fall, but I figured we'd be ready to compete with the Pac-12 teams once the preseason ended. We were never really impressive during the preseason, but I figured it was working out the kinks and whatnot. I thought we had a chance to beat Stanford after USC squeaked by them 13-10, so I was predicting a win this last weekend. That obviously didn't happen, and the game was incredibly frustrating... but it fits my preseason expectations so far. It's what I expected after we hired Petersen 9 months ago.

I am still expecting a 10-win season by the end of the year with a 6-3 conference record, being competitive in every game and a decent bowl game. The Stanford game was extremely disappointing, but it fits with how I predicted the season to unfold.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    4 win season

The season is over
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014
    No. Still expecting 10 wins. Had Stanford as a loss before the season.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2014
    I think 10 wins is definitely in play. But we all know it's really more like 10* wins

But WGAF?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mine have changed. The over/under is now 5...conference wins.

I thought the OL and running game would be better. I thought Kasen Williams would be productive. Most everything else is as I expected.

I thought we would beat Stanford and UCLA at home.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    10 wins or gtfo. That includes, and has always included, the bowl game. I don't how some of you do math around here but bowl games count towards win totals. He can win 1 extra conference game or he can win the bowl game. If I wanted 6 conference wins I would have said 6 conference wins or gtfo.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    10 wins, same as over

Remaining two losses come to Arizona and Oregon.

Anything less than 6-3 is a fucking joke with this roster
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

10 wins, same as over

How long are we going to pretend that Sark left this team stacked? Damone has debunked it.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Do moral victorieies count?
  • Options

10 wins, same as over

How long are we going to pretend that Sark left this team stacked? Damone has debunked it.
    I think there is plenty of talent. Certainly not enough grit or willingness to work hard to learn fundamentals and a new system, the lack of which contributes to the great inconsistency we've seen on the field.

I had higher expectations for this season than appear to be probable at this point. I'm okay with that and want Petersen to "blow it up" if he believes getting the program to the level he and we desire will happen sooner than if the progress appeared more incremental, as a 6-3 conference record might indicate. Kind of tough for guys like Cooper and Kasen Williams, who seem would be OKGs if they had more eligibility remaining.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

10 wins, same as over

Damone didn't debunk shit, he just proved that Sark massively underachieved and was really overrated.

This is still a roster with a bunch of decent, experienced lineman, 4 star receivers, decent-to-good RB's, and a 4 star QB at the helm.

It's not "stacked", but it should be good enough to go 6-3 in conference. That's only a 1 win improvement from Sark's 5-4 m.o.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    The nuance everyone seems to be missing is that Sark recruited well, but didn't develop for shit, hence the shitty line, etc.
  • Options

10 wins, same as over

Damone didn't debunk shit, he just hates people and proved that Sark massively underachieved and was really overrated.

This is still a roster with a bunch of decent, experienced lineman, 4 star receivers, decent-to-good RB's, and a 4 star QB at the helm.

It's not "stacked", but it should be good enough to go 6-3 in conference. That's only a 1 win improvement from Sark's 5-4 m.o.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

10 wins or gtfo. That includes, and has always included, the bowl game. I don't how some of you do math around here but bowl games count towards win totals. He can win 1 extra conference game or he can win the bowl game. If I wanted 6 conference wins I would have said 6 conference wins or gtfo.

fucking THIS

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014
    I expected 10 wins with 6-3 and think that is what this team should be able to do talent wise. I think I am going let down though. I don't see a winning record in conference play. I am thinking maybe 3 or 4 wins. I really do not think stanford is that good (we will find out this weekend). Their offense did not impress me but seemed to move the ball on us.
    I am sick of people blaming sark for the talent that is on the team. THere is enough talent to win 6 conference games. The main thing that Sark did that was bad with respect to talent is the lack of depth at safety this year and the O-Line Next year. Sark is a mediocre coach and I am glad he was snatched by USC, but so far this season is not off to a good start. We have just looked like shit so far. Miley didn't look that bad last year so hopefully Petersen can figure that out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

10 wins, same as over

How long are we going to pretend that Sark left this team stacked? Damone @puppylove_sugarsteel‌ has debunked it.
    Fixed. Puppy was a month ahead of Damone on this take.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The standard for me is always 10 wins. All the rest is just window dressing or excuses. I expect 10 wins every year, no matter what is going on. I won't lower my expectations because Miley is a dumpster fire. Now asking me if I think the team meets my expectations is a different story. But the expectation is ALWAYS 10 wins or GTFO.
  • Options
    MarkKoopmanMarkKoopman Member Posts: 33
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You guys are frikkin nuts if you think THAT TEAM is going to win 5 or 6 games in conference. Cal and Colorado are much improved, WSU is going to be tuff at home.

Way, way WAY overrated team. It's the auburndog syndrome-'shaq and shelton and kikasomeass with our skill guys........'.

Rather doogish to insist that the obviously flawed 2014 team is going to somehow pull it together and start dominating.

I seriously doubt very much that you guys will beat the beavs...........at home.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    My expectations didn't change watching the game... I think Peterman wins 5 games easy.

But, listening to talk radio and reading doog posts, I now wonder if Washington will win another game 'at this level'