Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Request for Feedback

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    TMacDawg said:

Maybe it's just me, but free Harvey Road! I pay good money for abuse on this bored, and he's the Michelangelo of troll baiting and withering insults. 15 people have died in the running of the bulls since 1910, but they still do it every year. If Harvey gores some of the slower posters, isn't that part of the fun?

Harv is funny and is necessary especially during the offseason when it can get a little slow.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

TMacDawg said:

Maybe it's just me, but free Harvey Road! I pay good money for abuse on this bored, and he's the Michelangelo of troll baiting and withering insults. 15 people have died in the running of the bulls since 1910, but they still do it every year. If Harvey gores some of the slower posters, isn't that part of the fun?

Harv is funny and is necessary especially during the offseason when it can get a little slow.
    REAL HARV will rise again.

It's in the script.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

In the coming weeks we're going to have some more work done on the message boards to make it even better before football season.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things they would like to see added or tweaked?

I'd like to see a format that allows people to see the names & titles of the responses to the lead post.
    You're referring to what I like to call "thread view". Not sure what others call it. But I like to call it that.
    Whatever you call it, being able to see the headline and author of responses to the lead post may be the only feature of doucheman.com that I like.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    the main thing that's missing is a post count. that may be in place somewhere but it should be next to the name. Ex: fire marshall bill 100 posts
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Hardcore Honey's should all be pinned so I can find them easier.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It needs a slogan like" Hardcore Husky: Where crap information costs you nothing"
    or "A place for Husky fans to beat their chest"
    or "Kim Grinolds is a fucking little twat who likes young muscly boys"
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

It needs a slogan like" Hardcore Husky: Where crap information costs you nothing"

Good suggestions all. I like Dawgboard's "Premium Content" tag as well.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Mods can I vote up twice because he used the word twat?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    Ban the trolls!!!!

I know a guy who ran his own hobby board for years, and could testify to the destruction trolls can have to a website. You need to ban them early and often.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

TMacDawg said:

REAL HARV will rise again.

It's in the script.

I keep looking out for "tillerduck" to make an appearance.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I'd like to see a board that has different recipes for nachos.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    get more pussy on this bitch. I'm not paying another dime without some grade A tail on here.
  • Options
    Dick_B said:

get more pussy on this bitch. I'm not paying another dime without some grade A tail on here.

MelloDawg just came back

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not really a fan of the thumbs up, thumbs down feature (mostly just the thumbs down). I think it might end up alienating certain posters that do not get it as quickly as others, and in turn, might end up damaging their confidence in the future. I'm not a fan of hurt feelings and most of my friends in Portland would AGREE. I do like the badges, though. Positive reinforcement is fine with me.

P.S. If you would kindly thumbs up my post, it would really make my night. If not, well, you are just not a very nice person.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I'm not really a fan of the thumbs up, thumbs down feature (mostly just the thumbs down). I think it might end up alienating certain posters that do not get it as quickly as others, and in turn, might end up damaging their confidence in the future. I'm not a fan of hurt feelings and most of my friends in Portland would AGREE. I do like the badges, though. Positive reinforcement is fine with me.

P.S. If you would kindly thumbs up my post, it would really make my night. If not, well, you are just not a very nice person.

Am I being whooshed?

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Am I being whooshed?

If you have to ask....

Yes.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Ban the trolls!!!!

I know a guy who ran his own hobby board for years, and could testify to the destruction trolls can have to a website. You need to ban them early and often.

That is a great callback right there.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ban the trolls!!!!

Yea if you don't ban the trolls quickly they will really eff the place up.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

In the coming weeks we're going to have some more work done on the message boards to make it even better before football season.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things they would like to see added or tweaked?

On a serious note...

- the quote feature here sucks.
    - Hire Rattlehead, farks are fun and that guy is good.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

On a serious note...

- the quote feature here sucks.
    - Hire Rattlehead Race, farks are fun and that guy is good.