Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your coach shit that one away

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Great over reaction as always

His coaching kept UW in the game

Shaw fucking stupid kept UW in the game.
    Shaw ran the same same game plan he has vs every team he's faced as a head coach BOOBIE, you fucking tard.
    Yep. The same one that cost him the 2014 Rose Bowl.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club

Great over reaction as always

His coaching kept UW in the game

Shaw fucking stupid kept UW in the game.
    Shaw ran the same same game plan he has vs every team he's faced as a head coach BOOBIE, you fucking tard.
    Wasn't that his point? Shaw played a big role today as the 12th man. I didn't argue with that
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Game was tied. Running for 33ft incredible gamble...making Stanford potentially have to drive 70-80 yards versus 50 wow....I am not sure how you can defend the decision....your punter has been solid...defense making plays...I like making Stanford drive the length of the field?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jecornel said:

Game was tied. Running for 33ft incredible gamble...making Stanford potentially have to drive 70-80 yards versus 50 wow....I am not sure how you can defend the decision....your punter has been solid...defense making plays...I like making Stanford drive the length of the field?

Agree. The fake punt was really FS. I know there is the whole thing of Petersen is a genius if it works, but it was a bad call and a panic move. He coached a good game other than that, but it was a real boneheaded move that played a huge part in the loss.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Everyone with half a brain and access to a computer will be calling that fake punt a horrible call. Games are not won or lost on one play. Every action leads to another. Stanford was grinding the Husky D and the offense was legally retarded. He gambled and lost. I wish that was the biggest issue I saw today

Speaking of digging deeper...

Going for the fake punt in that situation is the equivalent to buying a few lotto tickets as a retirement plan because your shitty job isn't going to be giving you a pension.

pretending that the only reason it was a shitty gamble because it didnt work is Caldawg fucking stupid. Gambling involves odds, risk, and reward.

The odds that it was going to work was already pretty low, the reward was low considering our offense was likely going to just stall out again after 3 more downs if it worked, and risk was high giving Stanford a short field and momentum instead of pining them deep.

You keep on bringing up the defense and how tired they were like they were the fucking problem in this game.
    So Stanford kicks the game winning field goal as time runs out. Shaw doesn't go conservative if it is tied. He runs the ball down our throat
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2014

So Stanford kicks the game winning field goal as time runs out. Shaw doesn't go conservative if it is tied. He runs the ball down our throat

Or we pin them deep because Durkee was the MVP and Kikaha comes off the edge forcing a quick throw from QB to the flat, Peters intercepts and returns the INT 15 yards for the TD

assuming Shaw wouldnt be ShawFS at the end of the game is FS

The whatif game is stupid, almost as stupid as the 4th and 6 fake punt

CHRIST.

Shaw always goes conservative.

Hope this helps.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

When you manage to be a shittier coach than David Shaw on national TV, that's a great day to be Peterman, man.

I don't get the "David Shaw is a shitty coach" bullshit. He beat Oregon two years in a row and he snuffed out your season today. So, why is David Shaw a shitty coach?

Calling a fake punt in your own territory is at best a big risk.

You have to be Oregon to pull that kind of sweet shit off.

That's part of what made Chip great.
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    edited September 2014

WTF was UCLA doing on that play? They all ran to the sidelines and parted like the red sea.

When you manage to be a shittier coach than David Shaw on national TV, that's a great day to be Peterman, man.

I don't get the "David Shaw is a shitty coach" bullshit. He beat Oregon two years in a row and he snuffed out your season today. So, why is David Shaw a shitty coach?
    Beat Oregon, nothing else matters.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited September 2014

Everyone with half a brain and access to a computer will be calling that fake punt a horrible call. Games are not won or lost on one play. Every action leads to another

Chip's great one was the 2010 Civil War out of his own end zone. NO ONE saw that shit coming. 87 yards later it's a one play drive for a TD.

No way Chip calls a fake punt today where Peterman did. There is ball and FS, Chip wasn't FS.

David Shaw has his guys in. Their O line is their super recruit class that replaces Harbaugh's guys. So far they aren't as good. His offense is predictable at best. Hogan is average, he looks great in comparison to Miley.

Let's see how this Stanford team does against UCLA Oregon and ASU this year. If they win the Pac 12 again I'll shut up

Still early and they are 1-1
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

This was the from game last year. Slingblade gets the credit for that one.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Can somebody describe, in detail, our fake punt which will be topic de jour over the next 24 hours

I was on the shitter, no replay

But still
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Chips players?

Helfrich called that play bonehead.