Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official UW-Stanford Game Thread

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    Not once have I made the case that our problems begin and end with Miley, don't twist.
  • purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    edited September 2014
    WTF @dnc and @allpurpleallgold‌ why u down voting my shit? u happy with what happened today? WTF do u not think special teams, qb play, and coaching had anything to do with this loss?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Are any retards still defending Miley?

No. Just some can acknowledge there are more problems than just Miles, just like there were more problems than Price in 2012. The whole offense sucks.
    I agree, but miles doesn't help the OL block b/c he is unpredictable. He runs into their lanes, doesn't stay in a pocket. A QB who doesn't do his part makes the OL look much worse than it is. I'm not saying they are great b/c they are not, but miles snaps the ball adn runs sideways right into where they are pushing DL out so he has a bubble around him to pass.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2014

Not once have I made the case that our problems begin and end with Miley, don't twist.

It wasn't directed towards you. I was only answering the question.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Did Baker intercept that pass, that the reffed said he dropped? Looked like a interception, but I was far from TV.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    priapism said:

Did Baker intercept that pass, that the reffed said he dropped? Looked like a interception, but I was far from TV.

No. Bounced a yard or two in front of him.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

No. Just some can acknowledge there are more problems than just Miles, just like there were more problems than Price in 2012. The whole offense sucks.
    You cannot fucking compare that brain-locked crap to what Price did in 2012! Price was Joe Montana in '12 compared to what Miles did today.

Obviously you don't know me and have no way to verify this, but in the past 30 years, I have NEVER been a backup QB guy. Not with Conklin, not with Brunell (his first couple games were clunkers), not with Damon, not with Brock, not with Cody not with Isaiah, not with Jake and not with Keith. Never.

But, we can't win with Miles. If that game doesn't tell you that, I don't know what can.

If the don't bark as pups they won't bite as dogs -- what have you seen from Miles where he shows flashes? That he makes 1 throw out of 15? Christ. He made 1 decent run and 3 decent throws amid a sea of dog shit.

FMFYFE.

I don't like them either, but it's not a bad idea to use them sparingly. Just don't run a bubble screen every other play.

AGGGG!!!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I hope Pete takes the week off to get serious, install an offense that we can actually play, pick a QB (hint: he's not from a state where weed is legal) and rely on our defense, because they are fucking good and will only get better.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    It's not all on Miles. The OL played like shit today. Stanford DL gets to the QB faster than almost any other team. Stanford mad even Price have to rush his throws the last 3 years.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

You cannot fucking compare that brain-locked crap to what Price did in 2012! Price was Joe Montana in '12 compared to what Miles did today.

Obviously you don't know me and have no way to verify this, but in the past 30 years, I have NEVER been a backup QB guy. Not with Conklin, not with Brunell (his first couple games were clunkers), not with Damon, not with Brock, not with Cody not with Isaiah, not with Jake and not with Keith. Never.

But, we can't win with Miles. If that game doesn't tell you that, I don't know what can.

If the don't bark as pups they won't bite as dogs -- what have you seen from Miles where he shows flashes? That he makes 1 throw out of 15? Christ. He made 1 decent run and 3 decent throws amid a sea of dog shit.

FMFYFE.

I don't like them either, but it's not a bad idea to use them sparingly. Just don't run a bubble screen every other play.

AGGGG!!!
    Lindquist sucks. Williams or whoever is a bum. Karta-Carter-Samuels is a TFR. Unfortunately the options are limited.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    Sark is a fucking tool, but I have to begrudgingly respect him for skipping town when he did. He would have been exposed as a fraud with these QBs. And instead got paid by USC for 5 years and left the problems to his UW successor.

Fuck Sark. I want to hate the player and not the game... But damn. What a playa.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Alright, I'm not as drunk as some and was at a bar with a fucked phone...

Kudos to the defense. Couldn't have asked for much more.

Miles is a running QB so he needs to FUCKING RUN! Not when trying to pass when he's getting pulled down but off the read option. He's NOT currently a good drop back passer.

We are best at running the ball. Remember that.

Faking a punt late in a tied game at the 50 with 15 yards to go is dumber than Sarkish.

Swaye obviously pussed out or his death was wasted.

I would have liked to win but I saw improvement.

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    mobey said:

I'm not being a dick here, what did you see? We had a qb who threw for around 100 yds, RB's who really did nothing. An OL who looked overmatched and confused. We scored zero offensive TD's.

Our defense did what's it's been doing all year, keep our offense alive.

• DazednConfusedDazednConfused Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2014
    I can't wait to see the coaches attempt to defend their decisions in the postgame interviews
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

WTF @dnc and @allpurpleallgold‌ why u down voting my shit? u happy with what happened today? WTF do u not think special teams, qb play, and coaching had anything to do with this loss?

You admitted earlier you were pressing, then you continued to press. No one is happy with what happened today.
  • Stupid penalty on Ross's KR TD fucked us over.

This team is the same as last year. Penalties and horrid special teams.

Special teams cost us 11 points today. Ross's TD, Ty's 60 yard KR for a FG, and missed PAT.

My special team scored 7 points that was called back due to penalty, so 7 - 7 = -7. I start wondering if all my math department education at Washington has screwed up my elementary school arithmetic ...
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254

mobey said:

I'm not being a dick here, what did you see? We had a qb who threw for around 100 yds, RB's who really did nothing. An OL who looked overmatched and confused. We scored zero offensive TD's.

Offense was bad, no doubt. But I would rather have a bad offense and a good defense.

I think the offense would have been "better" by running more and playing field position.

Look, we were down 0-14 to a fucking high school team last week.

This was a good team.

Whether Sark or Ty or Gilby, I've always said if I see improvement I'm happy,

It's a process.
  • mobey said:

I'm not being a dick here, what did you see? We had a qb who threw for around 100 yds, RB's who really did nothing. An OL who looked overmatched and confused. WE SCORED ZERO OFFENSIVE TD'S.

You went to toilet one too many times?