Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Husky fanaticism a feeling.......

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
........ or simply a memory? In the latest issue of Sports Washington magazine, CFetters lists his "Top Ten Husky Moments" which includes two(2) games in Husky stadium and one(1) bowl game, all of which I think most true Dawgfans would rather forget:

CF Moment #10: 1997 Apple Cup - This is the embarrassing WSU victory that put the coogs in the Rose Bowl for the first time in 60+ years,....... where supercoog Ryan Leaf passed for 368 yards and we were treated to watching a WSU yell leader run the Leaf Flag around the track in our stadium. I swear you must be a coogloser to have any appreciation for this game.

CF Moment #6: 2011 Alamo Bowl - Please, give me a break! Regardless of how great KP performed to make this game against RG III close on the final scoreboard, the Alamo loss is one I wish to forget. We might call it "The night old Purple Reign finally died." Was Sark even off the plane back from San Antonio before he fired his entire defensive staff? Could defensive minded Dawgfans have been more embarrassed? Whatever, I couldn't get past Baylor's first possession of the second half without switching channels. Thank God, I wasn't there.

CF Moment #5: 1998 Arizona - Are you serious? The "Leap by the Lake" game is a Top Ten Husky Moment? How can that be....... a Husky Stadium embarrassment we still see replayed occasionally on ESPN. This one loss and the ridiculous football stunt that created it may have been the beginning of the end for Lambo Halfbright's head coaching career. At the very most, it must be the all-time laugher that any and all Huskybaters can forever twist our tails with.

CFetters ranks the 2000 Oregon State game in Husky Stadium as his #8 Husky Moment, however, I can barely remember anything about that game except that we won. The thought did occur to me afterwards at the postgame tailgate that RN's defense against Dennis Erikson's Beavers wasn't much better than Lambo's was two years earlier against Mike Riley's. The Tui led 2000 Huskies had many memorable wins and performances in scraping together an 11-1 record including the 2001 Rose Bowl. My personal faves other than the Rose Bowl were both on the road: the 17-14 battle at Colorado and Tui's 51-3 stomping masterpiece over the coogs in Pullman.

Comments