Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFanPodcast: Stanford Preview

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogcast summary:

Why don't the fans cheer louder, like the 12s?

Why are the students leaving early?

Miles only sucks because he lost his go 2 guy Sting. Plus he's a "gamer"...

Mad about the Georgia St halftime score.

NYBE
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Doogcast summary:

NYBE

HRYK. I was surprised that there were even that many students at the game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogcast summary:

NYBE

It was but a tiny portion of the podcast. The student talk was like a minute long. School hasn't started yet either and it was a drecky opponent. The main point was that Husky Stadium isn't what it used to be and are an afterthought in Seattle. Bad football is the primary reason.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Doogcast summary:

NYBE

It was but a tiny portion of the podcast. The student talk was like a minute long. School hasn't started yet either and it was a drecky opponent. The main point was that Husky Stadium isn't what it used to be and are an afterthought in Seattle. Bad football is the primary reason.
    I didn't listen.
  • Options

Doogcast summary:

NYBE

Thanks for listening! :)
    Biggest mistake I ever made.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You can tell the season is definitely starting. Tone of the entire podcast was more urgent and it was mostly football talk. I echo the reserved skepticism. I disagree that 10 wins this year wouldn't be a very bad and very big data point against Petersen. That expectation hasn't changed for me.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

You can tell the season is definitely starting. Tone of the entire podcast was more urgent and it was mostly football talk. I echo the reserved skepticism. I disagree that 10 wins this year wouldn't be a very bad and very big data point against Petersen. That expectation hasn't changed for me.

You guys even went full Aubbie and lowered your expectations.

W, JW
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Considering the actual state of things, that expectation could be unreasonable. Call me a doog all you want, but the definition of doog is being blind to the truth and that applies to either end of the expectation spectrum. When you have a coach building a long-term program and remaking every psyche on the team in his image, there are no guarantees that happens in a year. As Race often says, Petersen is beating the Sark out of these guys. 4 years of that shit is a way worse than you think. There is a reason some true freshman are coming in and outcompeting/outperforming upperclassmen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

10+ is still my expectation. I will be pissed if Peterman doesn't get there, but I'm not going to call for him to be fire I he doesn't because it will never happen.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Not a single sluggo explanation.

How am I suppose to know whose responsibility the flanker falls to when the safety's cross with the nickel package in?

Fucking amateur hour.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

10+ is still my expectation. I will be pissed if Sark doesn't get there, but I'm not going to call for him to be fire I he doesn't because it will never happen.
    FTFY

Get it now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

10+ is still my expectation. I will be pissed if Sark doesn't get there, but I'm not going to call for him to be fire I he doesn't because it will never happen.
    FTFY

Get it now?
    I gave Sark three years before wanting him gone. The difference is Petersen is a real coach. If Petersen doesn't win 10, this year is a failure. Petersen has a plan, while Sark winged it the whole time.
  • Options

Get it now?

It's been said time and time again, probably even on this bored, that the step between mediocrity and greatness is a fuckload bigger than the step between dogshit and mediocrity. IDGAF and YDGAF that we won 9 games last year, the product was fucking mediocre. You know that. Acting like Petersen is in the same fucking coaching stratosphere as Sark, which is what you're implying by name switching is FS. You might as well be posting on Doogman throwing shit like out there.

Saban was fucking 7-6 in his first season and improved by exactly 1 win.

LIMFPO
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,986
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I could do without the 12 talk. Didn't agree with all of your hot takes but it was still a good show... Just give Fremont some free pub... He 'll come around
  • Options

I could do without the 12 talk. Didn't agree with all of your hot takes but it was still a good show... Just give Fremont some free pub... He 'll come around

Finally, someone who GETS IT.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

FTFY

Get it now?
    I gave Sark three years before wanting him gone. The difference is Petersen is a real coach. If Petersen doesn't win 10, this year is a failure. Petersen has a plan, while Sark winged it the whole time.
    I knew there was something wrong with you.
  • Options

Not a single sluggo explanation.

How am I suppose to know whose responsibility the flanker falls to when the safety's cross with the nickel package in?

Fucking amateur hour.

If you watch the video of Rick watching his son play, he calls out a sluggo route at around 44 seconds.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There wasn't any 12 talk.