Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Announcers unabashedly rooting for Denver

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Not even trying to hide it

Comments

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Phil Simms doesn't speak well
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    No shit.

Would be clearer if they took Manning's balls out of their mouths
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2014
    Wrongly thread
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Considering the Seahawks beat them by five touchdowns, I would have to agree.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I was talking to a buddy who lives in Denver, and he said that he was shocked by Phil Simms' Denver ass kissing. Apparently Simms has been such a Bronco hater over the last couple years, that some Denver fans started a petition to not have him call Bronco games anymore. Total 12 move, but that's another thread. Simms was fucking embarrassing on the call for that game. Like 4th grade shit embarrassing. That's not the kind of higher level commentating that's going to stomp Buck and Aikman. Holy fuckall!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't notice Simms cheering for Denver, but he is a fucking moron. Of course he sucks Peyton Manning's dick, but 99% of announcers do. Simms analysis sucks. He called 3rd and 10 draw plays that gained one yard a great play because they didn't turn the ball over.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2014
    CBS crew pulling for an AFC win. Water still wet. They know their audience: business decision
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yea that was bad. Usually I think fans overreact to this kind of stuff but Simms had 6 consensual inches with the Broncos. A lot of missed calls today but he only points the Denver ones out. The whole theme of the game was "Peyton Manning still can come back. Broncos are really good you know"

After the game it was all "wow what a game by the Broncos. They almost came back"

The word almost is for losers.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    Standard Supporter
    "The announcers are biased against us" is so Twelves
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Phil Simms was nowhere close to as bad as Jim Nantz ... hello friends.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

You're right, but after the dramatic win, which player do they focus on? The camera follows Manning all the way inside the tunnel. It should have been Wilson's time to shine, along with Pete Carroll.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

You're right, but after the dramatic win, which player do they focus on? The camera follows Manning all the way inside the tunnel. It should have been Wilson's time to shine, along with Pete Carroll.
    So essentially: "FREE PUB! Nothing else matters"?
  • Options
    Founders Club

CBS crew pulling for an AFC win. Water still wet. They know their audience: business decision

Yeah, that could be. I think some of it is just that they probably get the Broncos six or seven times a year and doubt they get the Seahawks more than once a year. You're going to have a natural tendency to talk about the team you're most familiar with.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah, that could be. I think some of it is just that they probably get the Broncos six or seven times a year and doubt they get the Seahawks more than once a year. You're going to have a natural tendency to talk about the team you're most familiar with.
    As long as players aren't beating their wives, Payton Manning is the face of the NFL.

HTH
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2014
    It's still cool having a number 1 crew doing a Seahawk game. Nantcezzze seems like kind of a douche, but he's a good announcer. He's done Masters, Final Fours, and Super Bowls. Simms is alright. I do learn shit, although when he kept excusing Peyton Manning's third and long draws that was pathetic. Not counting playoffs, when do the Seahawks get number 1 crews? I remember Aikman doing the 49er game last year. They probably got a few in the mid 2000s. I seriously doubt they've gotten more than 15 ever. The NFL darling teams get 15 in two years.