Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW #6, Kraft Fight Hunger according to...

Phil Steele. Wow this program has come a long way.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    But Kim said 2013 was going to be "special."
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club

Phil Steele. Wow this program has come a long way.

Expectations are higher than ever! Oh wait, that was what Fetters said in August 2008.
  • LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    Phil Steele predicted a team that was ineligible for a bowl in 2012 (Central Florida) to reach a BCS Bowl game last summer. His opinion is ridiculously overrated.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

But Kim said 2013 was going to be "special."

So, you're saying the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl isn't special? What are you some kind of sicko hunger advocate? If you can't see that helping fight hunger is way, way more noble than the money grabbing BCS Bowl system, soon to be playoff format, you clearly have no soul.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,466 Founders Club
    I'm against hunger
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    There must be a mistake....Steel forgot about our offseason championship.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Phil Steele predicted a team that was ineligible for a bowl in 2012 (Central Florida) to reach a BCS Bowl game last summer. His opinion is ridiculously overrated.

That's just what he was hearing, not a prediction. Some of you need to learn the difference.
  • TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    Nothing says "you tried" like an invite to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl...
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    As a fellow banana connoisseur once told me (over and over), "You guys have no idea what kind of mess the program was in when Sark got here. These things take time and if you can't handle that then maybe college football isn't for you. Wait, what did you say about Harbaugh at Stanford? Oh, that's totally different. Anyone who's an asshole can win right away. For a nice, all around good guy like Sark, it takes time. Mora? Oh please. Anyone can win at UCLA, and besides I'm hearing from my secret behind-the-lines source at UCLA that he's making enemies over there."
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

As a fellow banana connoisseur once told me (over and over), "You guys have no idea what kind of mess the program was in when Sark got here. These things take time and if you can't handle that then maybe college football isn't for you. Wait, what did you say about Harbaugh at Stanford? Oh, that's totally different. Anyone who's an asshole can win right away. For a nice, all around good guy like Sark, it takes time. Mora? Oh please. Anyone can win at UCLA, and besides I'm hearing from my secret behind-the-lines source at UCLA that he's making enemies over there."

If this program was such a mess then how did he go 4-5 in conference the first year and 5-7? With three losses coming at the very end of the game. Then in his second year he wins 7. Does that sound like a fucking mess? This is the biggest lie about Sark & UW and the evidence is right there!
    You act like 0-12 never happened

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    it makes complete sense to me, we stay the same 7-5, and the rest of the conference gets better, which it should. Then when we beat hapless navy in the bowl it'll be considered progress
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,899 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter