Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sunday

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Do the hawks roll Denver or is it close? I am leaning toward another beat down. You know the 12's will be on point.

Bruce Irvin apologized to the 12's for his penalty on 710 espn and said he received a lot of "hate" texts and that he is a bigger bust than Aaron Curry. Then continued to apologize to the passionate 12's that blew him up on twitter. He was also fined $8,200 for his shove of Rivers out bounds by the league.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited September 2014
    I think the Seahawks get slightly outgained but hold Denver to a bunch of fg's.
    27-23 seattle
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Do the hawks roll Denver or is it close? I am leaning toward another beat down. You know the 12's will be on point.

Bruce Irvin apologized to the 12's for his penalty on 710 espn and said he received a lot of "hate" texts and that he is a bigger bust than Aaron Curry. Then continued to apologize to the passionate 12's that blew him up on twitter. He was also fined $8,200 for his shove of Rivers out bounds by the league.

Wtf, who is he giving out his number to that would send him hate texts?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't believe Irvin got fined for that. That is some soft shit. Anyways, I think the Seahawks win rather easily, say 34-17. Not a total blowout, but there isn't much doubt either. Kind of like the Green Bay game.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He has been a bust but not Aaron Curry level. Not even close. He isn't very good at linebacker though.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Denver in this one. Reminds me of the 80's when Denver would beat the Niners and Giants and other NFC teams in the regular season.

And then play them in the Super Bowl
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Irvin had 8 sacks as a rookie. That's a solid rookie season. I bet he gets close to that this year. I wouldn't call him a bust yet. I'm glad he's back to playing DE. He's a pass rusher, not a LB.
  • Options
    3 were against a terrible GB O line.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He had two against Green Bay and these are all NFL teams. He had 2 against Carolina and the Jets as well. He also had a sack in the playoffs. The shitty teams have good players too. The Browns are always one of the worst teams in the league but Joe Thomas is considered a great LT. It's not like he got 3 sacks against Idaho State. In the NFL, a sack is a sack, just like in MLB, a home run is a home run even when it comes against a terrible pitcher.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He had two against Green Bay and these are all NFL teams. He had 2 against Carolina and the Jets as well. He also had a sack in the playoffs. The shitty teams have good players too. The Browns are always one of the worst teams in the league but Joe Thomas is considered a great LT. It's not like he got 3 sacks against Idaho State. In the NFL, a sack is a sack, just like in MLB, a home run is a home run even when it comes against a terrible pitcher.
    He can rush the passer. He was a massive liability in the Falcons game when he had to play full time, as he cannot defend the run from a 3 poont stance. As a situational player, I like him. As a first round pick, he kind of sucks.
  • Options
    dnc said:

He can rush the passer. He was a massive liability in the Falcons game when he had to play full time, as he cannot defend the run from a 3 poont stance. As a situational player, I like him. As a first round pick, he kind of sucks.
    This. My whole point is he was a shitty 1st round pick, he isn't useless. I still think he isn't very good overall, you rarely see him on plays anymore.

I will say that the 2012 draft wasn't that fantastic overall. Luckily Seahawks were able to scoop Wilson and Wagner out of it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

This. My whole point is he was a shitty 1st round pick, he isn't useless. I still think he isn't very good overall, you rarely see him on plays anymore.

I will say that the 2012 draft wasn't that fantastic overall. Luckily Seahawks were able to scoop Wilson and Wagner out of it.
    Disagree. Those two alone make it an A+. They also got Sweezy. Turbin and Lane are solid players too.
  • Options

dnc said:

Disagree. Those two alone make it an A+. They also got Sweezy. Turbin and Lane are solid players too.
    Yeah it was an amazing draft for the Seahawks.

• Options
    A starting QB maybe a pro bowl MLB plus a starting RG. That's pretty damn good.
  • Options
    I meant the 2012 draft as a whole, not the Seahawks 2012 draft.
  • Options
    Luck foles Wilson griffin cousins tannehill, amazing qb class not that great outside of that.
    2013 may be the worst of all time
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

Luck foles Wilson griffin cousins tannehill, amazing qb class not that great outside of that.

Disagree. The 2010 QB class was shitastic:
    1 1 St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma Big 12
    1 25 Denver Broncos Tim Tebow QB Florida SEC from Baltimore [R1 - 8]
    2 48 Carolina Panthers Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame Ind.
    3 85 Cleveland Browns Colt McCoy QB Texas Big 12 from New England via Oakland[R3 - 4]
    4 122 Philadelphia Eagles Mike Kafka QB Northwestern Big Ten from Green Bay[R4 - 12]
    5 155 Arizona Cardinals John Skelton QB Fordham Patriot from Philadelphia via New York Jets and Pittsburgh[R5 - 13]
    5* 168 San Diego Chargers Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee SEC
    6 176 Tennessee Titans Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic Sun Belt from Seattle[R6 - 5]
    6 181 Chicago Bears Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan MAC
    6 199 Minnesota Vikings Joe Webb QB UAB C-USA
    6* 204 Carolina Panthers Tony Pike QB Cincinnati Big East
    7 209 Buffalo Bills Levi Brown QB Troy Sun Belt from Detroit [R7 - 2]
    7 239 New Orleans Saints Sean Canfield QB Oregon State Pac-10
    7* 250 New England Patriots Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State Big 12
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_draft
  • Options
    I was talking 2013 overall
  • Options
    If we are talking poorly about Kafka and Skelton then I'm out.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Disagree. The 2010 QB class was shitastic:
    1 1 St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma Big 12
    1 25 Denver Broncos Tim Tebow QB Florida SEC from Baltimore [R1 - 8]
    2 48 Carolina Panthers Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame Ind.
    3 85 Cleveland Browns Colt McCoy QB Texas Big 12 from New England via Oakland[R3 - 4]
    4 122 Philadelphia Eagles Mike Kafka QB Northwestern Big Ten from Green Bay[R4 - 12]
    5 155 Arizona Cardinals John Skelton QB Fordham Patriot from Philadelphia via New York Jets and Pittsburgh[R5 - 13]
    5* 168 San Diego Chargers Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee SEC
    6 176 Tennessee Titans Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic Sun Belt from Seattle[R6 - 5]
    6 181 Chicago Bears Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan MAC
    6 199 Minnesota Vikings Joe Webb QB UAB C-USA
    6* 204 Carolina Panthers Tony Pike QB Cincinnati Big East
    7 209 Buffalo Bills Levi Brown QB Troy Sun Belt from Detroit [R7 - 2]
    7 239 New Orleans Saints Sean Canfield QB Oregon State Pac-10
    7* 250 New England Patriots Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State Big 12
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_draft
    Is Canfield the next Leinart?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Hawks by double digits.

Manning can't change the plays at the line.