Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC fans already calling Seven "Snark"

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Exactly. Big rebuilding year for the West Coast FSU. DeRuyter is supposed to be a defensive minded coach so he better tighten things up.

And oh yeah, Sloppy Steve still sucks............and then swallows.

Side note: I love how the media and doogman posters acted like Sark's blowout win over Fresno State was really impressive. The next two Fresno State games.

@Utah - L 27-59
    Nebraska- L 19-55

It's pretty evident Fresno State sucks.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I was one of the dudes championing DeRuyter as a Sark replacement last year. I feel like a jackass now.

Same. He was never my favorite, but I wouldn't have been pissed about hiring him either. It looks like he rode Carr and the great WR to success. Without them, he's been exposed. Three straight games of giving up 50+, including to Utah who hasn't had a good offense in years.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2014
    DeRuyet wouldve been a fucking terrible hire, I never understood the hype here for him.

Might as well have brought Pat "Tuff" Hill out of retirement
  • Options
    ORdawgORdawg Member Posts: 45
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 First Comment 5 Awesomes

USC AD Pat Haden has announced that Coach Sark will feed assistant Johnny Nansen to a pack of Bruins following an early December practice, in anticipation of the "Battle for Los Angeles".

"Cool experience for our young men of Troy," commented a fatigued Sarkisian.

Won't happen. Sark will protect his wingman 'till the end.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seven is fucked.

Jerry looks like a Jerry.

Ironic first name is ironic.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jerry is a pimp. I'm happy you decided to stay with us PurpleJ.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I was pimping DeRuyter too and must admit the jury is still out.

But what would have made him a terrible hire? Only two years as being an HC at the time? The 2 bowl losses are concerning but he is still 14-2 in conference (has started conference play this year though). Playing @ USC, @ Utah, and then hosting Nebraska in the first 3 games of 2014 has given him one of the hardest schedules in the country to date.

DeRuyet wouldve been a fucking terrible hire, I never understood the hype here for him.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

I was pimping DeRuyter too and must admit the jury is still out.

But what would have made him a terrible hire? Only two years as being an HC at the time? The 2 bowl losses are concerning but he is still 14-2 in conference (has started conference play this year though). Playing @ USC, @ Utah, and then hosting Nebraska in the first 3 games of 2014 has given him one of the hardest schedules in the country to date.

He just reeked of Sark 2.0 to me.

He did have some HC experience, though, which is a huge plus.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why would we want USC to fire Sark?! The last time SC fired a shitty OC turned head coach, they ass fucked the CFB world for the next decade. I'm comfortable with where they're at.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's the second half of the awesomeness of last December. Haden taking Sark was unbelievable but Pool Boy hiring Petermen is what made it work. I was convinced we'd get some schlub Sark 2.0 guy myself.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Gladstone said:

I was one of the dudes championing DeRuyter as a Sark replacement last year. I feel like a jackass now.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Why would we want USC to fire Sark?! The last time SC fired a shitty OC turned head coach, they ass fucked the CFB world for the next decade. I'm comfortable with where they're at.

Disagree. They fired Kiffin to hire Sark.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ORdawg said:

USC AD Pat Haden has announced that Coach Sark will feed assistant Johnny Nansen to a pack of Bruins following an early December practice, in anticipation of the "Battle for Los Angeles".

"Cool experience for our young men of Troy," commented a fatigued Sarkisian.

Won't happen. Sark will protect his wingman 'till the end.
    at this point, do you really think he has a choice?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DeRuyter will prob still finish 7-2 with this MWC schedule. If he gets to 8 wins, he'll still be a decent HC prospect for the last-moment-type-of-hire for a 2nd tier large conference school, such as Iowa etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffe/schedule/
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    priapism said:

DeRuyter will prob still finish 7-2 with this MWC schedule. If he gets to 8 wins, he'll still be a decent HC prospect for the last-moment-type-of-hire for a 2nd tier large conference school, such as Iowa etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffe/schedule/

Kirk Ferentz has a lifetime CONTRACT.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

priapism said:

As soon as the "seven" fans started turning on him in larger and larger numbers last year, I knew he was going to try to bail as soon as Kiffin got fired.

Fleenor? I don't think many besides a few bozos on dawgman were surprised that he left. The surprise was that USC was actually dumb enough to hire him. Last Thanksgiving, I had a dumbass Cuog cousin who was trying to talk shit to me that UW was going to lose their coach. I laughed and told him that I wish that was true, but there was no way USC would be dumb enough to hire Sark.
    It wasn't about losing Sark, to me it was about his replacement. I would rather have Sark than another assistant using UW as a stepping stone, for instance. I didn't trust UW to actually make a big hire.

I did joke with a couple buddies after kitten was fired that Sark would go to USC and Peterson would finally leave and come to UW. Really the best scenario ever.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    2001400ex said:

priapism said:

As soon as the "seven" fans started turning on him in larger and larger numbers last year, I knew he was going to try to bail as soon as Kiffin got fired.

Fleenor? I don't think many besides a few bozos on dawgman were surprised that he left. The surprise was that USC was actually dumb enough to hire him. Last Thanksgiving, I had a dumbass Cuog cousin who was trying to talk shit to me that UW was going to lose their coach. I laughed and told him that I wish that was true, but there was no way USC would be dumb enough to hire Sark.
    It wasn't about losing Sark, to me it was about his replacement. I would rather have Sark than another assistant using UW as a stepping stone, for instance. I didn't trust UW to actually make a big hire.

I did joke with a couple buddies after kitten was fired that Sark would go to USC and Peterson would finally leave and come to UW. Really the best scenario ever.
    Could not disagree more. As APAG empirically demonstrated, hire an assistant is not necessarily a faulty method. But once you know you don't have a great coach you move on quickly until you find one. We had known for years Sark wasn't a great coach. I'd have been disappointed with another bullshit assistant hire, but I still would have preferred that to keeping Sark. The only thing that would have been worse than keeping Sark would have been hiring a failed college coach, ala Gilbyham.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Gladstone said:

Great self awareness, as always.