Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kasen Williams

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I could see Kasen as a tight end in the NFL.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Swaye said:

Sark Price ruined him. Enough said on that.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

How many 6'1" TEs are there in the league? I don't see it.
    edited September 2014

dnc said:

Kasen was never that great. He's been simultaneously overrated and underutilized his whole career. He was a doog wet dream after great games as a frosh against WSU and Baylor. Like Keef Prce, he was never as good as he looked in the Alamo Bowel.

My expectations for this season couldn't be any lower. He should have redshirted this year but Jaylen Johnson got kicked off the team and screwed that up. He'll have some nice games blocking for bubble screens but be pretty invisible otherwise. He'll have a solid Arena Football career once he fully heals.

He will play in the NFL if he can get healthy. By February and the combine, he should be fine. I think a team takes a chance on him in the later rounds. You're underselling him. He had a good freshman year. Then he caught a ton of balls as a sophomore. Last year he was playing well, but was underused. The offense wasn't built for a go to receiver either. It was pretty spread out last year instead of throwing it almost exclusively to ASJ and Kasen. This year, he's not healthy, we are a run heavy team, and Miles is a below average passing QB who lacks the arm strength to throw it outside. Miles has mostly thrown to the slot and TE because that's where he can get the ball to. I bet KW has some nice games as the season goes on though, and Petersen has commented about wanting to get him the ball more.

The myth is/was he couldn't go deep, but he can. He did as a freshman and he did some last year. The play he got hurt on was after he completely burned the DB. The reason he didn't as a sophomore was because the line couldn't hold a block for more than two seconds. He was overrated by Scout coming out of high school, but he's always been really good. Hopefully, he gets it back this season because we will need him at some point.
    Disafuckingree. Zero chance he gets drafted, if he ever plays in the league it will be after some time on a practice as an UDFA.

You're overrating him. Anybody can get open deep once in awhile in college. He's not ever doing that in the NFL.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

You like the call the NFL the "league". TWYLTCI.
    edited September 2014
    Kasen is a YaleDawg TBS film review legend.
    dnc said:

Aaron Hernadez was 6'1".
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,655 Founders Club

dnc said:

Aaron Hernadez was 6'1".
    He's out of the league
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

dnc said:

Aaron Hernadez was 6'1".
    And how did that work out? That's what I thought.
    I hate you guys.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

I hate you guys.

First bullet proof post in this thread.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2014
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Kasen was never that great. He's been simultaneously overrated and underutilized his whole career. He was a doog wet dream after great games as a frosh against WSU and Baylor. Like Keef Prce, he was never as good as he looked in the Alamo Bowel.

My expectations for this season couldn't be any lower. He should have redshirted this year but Jaylen Johnson got kicked off the team and screwed that up. He'll have some nice games blocking for bubble screens but be pretty invisible otherwise. He'll have a solid Arena Football career once he fully heals.

He will play in the NFL if he can get healthy. By February and the combine, he should be fine. I think a team takes a chance on him in the later rounds. You're underselling him. He had a good freshman year. Then he caught a ton of balls as a sophomore. Last year he was playing well, but was underused. The offense wasn't built for a go to receiver either. It was pretty spread out last year instead of throwing it almost exclusively to ASJ and Kasen. This year, he's not healthy, we are a run heavy team, and Miles is a below average passing QB who lacks the arm strength to throw it outside. Miles has mostly thrown to the slot and TE because that's where he can get the ball to. I bet KW has some nice games as the season goes on though, and Petersen has commented about wanting to get him the ball more.

The myth is/was he couldn't go deep, but he can. He did as a freshman and he did some last year. The play he got hurt on was after he completely burned the DB. The reason he didn't as a sophomore was because the line couldn't hold a block for more than two seconds. He was overrated by Scout coming out of high school, but he's always been really good. Hopefully, he gets it back this season because we will need him at some point.
    Disafuckingree. Zero chance he gets drafted, if he ever plays in the league it will be after some time on a practice as an UDFA.

You're overrating him. Anybody can get open deep once in awhile in college. He's not ever doing that in the NFL.
    Granted, it's Rob Rang and preseason lists don't matter, but he has him going in the third round. Before the season he had him going in the first. Kasen can win one on one match ups and is a beast when the ball is in the air. Good luck covering him with a LB if he lines up in the slot too. How often does a WR get wide open going deep in the NFL? It's pretty rare. He's going to play in the NFL. Take all the screen shots you need.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Kasen was never quick enough to create separation on short routes AND never fast enough to beat his man deep.

Maybe he would be a good inside possession WR against a zone defense but he is just not good. Williams isnt even that big, he is listed at 6'3" but is really closer to 6'1".

Kevin Smith and James Johnson were a better WRs then Williams and Ross is currently a better WR.

there is zero chance Williams even sniffs a NFL roster.

Seems like a decent guy though, and I never boo the kids.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

Kasen was never quick enough to create separation on short routes AND never fast enough to beat his man deep.

Maybe he would be a good inside possession WR against a zone defense but he is just not good. Williams isnt even that big, he is listed at 6'3" but is really closer to 6'1".

Kevin Smith and James Johnson were a better WRs then Williams and Ross is currently a better WR.

Stop it. Kevin Smith and James Johnson were not better than him.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

Stop it. Kevin Smith and James Johnson were not better than him.
    cool

he is still a mediocre college WR that will never make a NFL 53 man roster
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,995
    H_D said:

Assuming he does get back to 100%, I still don't see him putting up monster #s this year. Based on what I've seen so far from CM (albeit only 2 games, so yeah I know....LIPO) it just doesn't look like KW is going to get a ton of balls thrown to him as an outside receiver. KW isn't a burner so he isn't going to beat many corners on a go route and become wide open down the field. With an accurate thrower, more options open up for him like back shoulder throws, timing passes, etc, I just don't know if CM is the QB that can get the ball to KW on those type of plays enough to fully utilize and make other teams roll coverage to KW.

That being said, KW is a good blocker, so he can be the front-line blocker on all those bubble screens to Ross.

not going to put up monster #s because we have a monster WR and his name is not Kasen Williams. as you said, he has to be huge on third down and in the red zone to meaningfully get involved, and honestly after his freshman year I thought he'd be one of the best ever here in that category. that's still where he can be the man.
    Swaye said:

Awesomed for "He's too tall and black to be a short white receiver." Gold Jerry.

you can't have the Armani suit back though and your soup and sandwich was a meal. we're done!

dnc said:

how could you feature anybody in the passing attack not named John Ross on this team?

Williams is a possession receiver in the mold of a Michael Irvin, except he's not as bad ass as the Playmaker was. That kind of Harold Carmichael type - it's all between the ears and in your ball sack, and some guys have it and some don't. Williams hasn't grown up in a program that demands of its receivers that they be that tough and disciplined and fearless and over-the-top confident. Irvin had no choice but to be those things and to use his body and run great routes and make phenomenal catches in traffic because he played on teams that featured at various times Eddie Brown, Brett Perriman and Brian Blades.

Williams physically reminds me a lot of Irvin, with better hops, but that's where the comparison ends.
    Maybe he could be a Steve Largent lunch pail kind of guy? Or can he only be a black receiver type?
    nope. you answered your own question. he's too tall and too black to be a short white receiver. he's an underachiever, where largent was of course the over-achieving white guy. two very different molds.
    Is he well spoken?
    yes, surprisingly so.

dnc said:

Aaron Hernadez was 6'1".
    and built like brick shit house and, as we later learned, willing to kill people. not just figuratively in the football sense ... literally snuff people out.

Williams, right now, would be waaaaaay too soft to be a TE in the NFL. He'd have to really bulk up. Don't see it.