Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sunday morning perspective...

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Good post Koop, but I disagree about Miles. The "shitty" QB went 8-8 in the second half. He's also a very good runner, especially in short yardage situations. That will be huge for our offensive efficiency all season long. Eastern had two former PAC 12 starters in their secondary, both of whom would easily start for UW. He had a good first start.

We already knew his arm is not strong. He's a good QB in the mold of Braxton Miller at Ohio State. He didn't throw any deep balls yesterday which he showed he could do last season. It's the intermediate throws that he lacks zip on. The offense believes in him, he's confident, and he's poised. I think he's a really good football player.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,109 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014

Good post Koop, but I disagree about Miles. The "shitty" QB went 8-8 in the second half. He's also a very good runner, especially in short yardage situations. That will be huge for our offensive efficiency all season long. Eastern had two former PAC 12 starters in their secondary, both of whom would easily start for UW. He had a good first start.

We already knew his arm is not strong. He's a good QB in the mold of Braxton Miller at Ohio State. He didn't throw any deep balls yesterday which he showed he could do last season. It's the intermediate throws that he lacks zip on. The offense believes in him, he's confident, and he's poised. I think he's a really good football player.

I was referring to the Hawaii game in that bullet, not Myles. I really like Miley and really like the way he looked like Jake 2.0 (Freshman year version) on some of his runs.

Peterman shut down the playbook (I assume it was Peterman telling his OC to knock it the fuck off) in the 4th against Hawaii and keeps it straight to preserve the win after allowing a lot of flouncing about during the game.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,109 Swaye's Wigwam

This is a great thread, and I think Koop hit on one of the most important things. This is not a resume building job for Petersen like it was for Sark. He is going to be in this for the long haul and the guy wants to win big. He understands that a lot of the players on this current team probably aren't fully buying in, but he still has to teach his young players (true frosh) and the Sark leftovers that are buying in his process. In the meantime he is going to win as many games as he can, but he understands the big picture and he doesn't give a fuck if Fat Fetters and his followers are annoyed by his process.

Yep. the TL, DR version of my above poast is I'm seeing some signs of steak, but very little sizzle. I'm good with that.

This probably makes me a Poon, but so be it. My house money is on the guy who has gone 94-12.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,702 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014

haie said:

clawman said:

Keep it is perspective folks, Eastern is a FCS team!

Losing to UW by 3 and 7 is the pinnacle of your white trash school and program. Bye.

Perspective: Petersen was willing to lose the game with Sidney Jones and fucking Travel Dixon with Peters on the sideline. Like it or not halfbrains, the coaching staff doesn't give a fuck about anything other than developing and molding the team the way they want this year.

Credit to APAG for bringing up the comparisons to Saban's first year. That's exactly what is going on here. It sucks we're basically throwing away the season though.
    Hi there. Thank you for the free publicity. Peterman doesn't get to throw shit away. Saban went 7-6 his first year. But his schedule included 5 ranked opponents and Florida State. In this years PAC-12 it's 10 wins or gtfo.

Saying Peterman doesn't care about winning is a little Kimmish (I'm not saying you're like Kim, don't twist). You can care about winning and want to mold your team a certain way. It's called abundance.
    It wasn't meant as a slam toward Petersen at all. This wasn't a 'Sark would have left Peters in the game and we would have blown them out' type of post. It appears the coaching staff, despite being 2-0 and doing a good job of making in-game adjustments, is willing to switch guys in and out, build depth, and discipline star players. Yeah, throwing the season away was not the best choice of words. Sark sure as fuck didn't have a "Next man up" mentality.

I guess I'm just agreeing with you and Sven that these are scrimmages that the coaches are willing to let get close in order to let the cream rise in time for league play. My expectations haven't changed either, especially with Shaw proving he's not that great of a coach.

Overall I still feel we were going to blow them out if not for some really unfortunate calls where both teams were talking trash and trying to get away with shit. It had a "You're not allowed to bully the little FCS team" feel to it which is fucktarded seeing as they beat OSU last year.
    My biggest problem with Coach K (maybe this is more so on the db's coach) is that our db's kept step with their receivers on most of those td passes, but refused to turn their heads when they started crossing the 5-2 yard line. You look in the receiver's eyes, and when you can see the whites, turn your fucking head around immediately. That's inexcusable high school 101 shit. We should have gotten a pick or two in the endzone.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

koopdog said:

And, if Kawasaki really does suck, Peterman will fire him when its appropriate. UW is his rubicon, he's too good of a General to let one of his brigade commanders to fuck it up.

This is the part I worry about.

I'm so scarred by the Neu:Hundley, Ty:Baer, and Sark:Holt relationships that I can't fucking handle it anymore.

Good d coordinators are rare as fuck in college football. Most of them are fucktards. Neu and Ty were way to loyal to their DCs (yes, Ty was an unmitigated disaster anyways) and Sark didn't figure out his was shit until after his 3rd year, Woody had to step in with a choice and a checkbook.

If Coach K sucks (and I have a HUGE suspicion he does) then Pete needs to door.ass.out him after this year.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,690 Founders Club

koopdog said:

And, if Kawasaki really does suck, Peterman will fire him when its appropriate. UW is his rubicon, he's too good of a General to let one of his brigade commanders to fuck it up.

This is the part I worry about.

I'm so scarred by the Neu:Hundley, Ty:Baer, and Sark:Holt relationships that I can't fucking handle it anymore.

Good d coordinators are rare as fuck in college football. Most of them are fucktards. Neu and Ty were way to loyal to their DCs (yes, Ty was an unmitigated disaster anyways) and Sark didn't figure out his was shit until after his 3rd year.

If Coach K sucks (and I have a HUGE suspicion he does) then Pete needs to door.ass.out him after this year.
    Yes, this. There are too many yellow and red flags with this guy for my liking. I don't think Petersen will give him a three year leash, but screw losing games or having a Charmin d.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    haie said:

My biggest problem with Coach K (maybe this is more so on the db's coach) is that our db's kept step with their receivers on most of those td passes, but refused to turn their heads when they started crossing the 5-2 yard line. You look in the receiver's eyes, and when you can see the whites, turn your fucking head around immediately. That's inexcusable high school 101 shit. We should have gotten a pick or two in the endzone.

They are young, and the QB dropped dimes. Most QB's aren't hitting those passes. The DB's will struggle some this year, but Adams was a huge reason why they looked so bad. Petersen has talked about being impressed with them at practice and while they aren't a strength, I don't think they are terrible. This isn't going to be 2011 all over again. The board really is underscoring how good Adams is because he plays for Eastern. I'm curious how many watched the game if they couldn't see that. He's probably going to win the FCS Heisman and would start for 9 or 10 teams in the Pac 12.
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    haie said:

Thats a technique issue and should fall to Lake to get corrected. Coach K is ultimately responsible for Lake's ability to teach that.

haie said:

They are young, and the QB dropped dimes. Most QB's aren't hitting those passes. The DB's will struggle some this year, but Adams was a huge reason why they looked so bad. Petersen has talked about being impressed with them at practice and while they aren't a strength, I don't think they are terrible. This isn't going to be 2011 all over again. The board really is underscoring how good Adams is because he plays for Eastern. I'm curious how many watched the game if they couldn't see that. He's probably going to win the FCS Heisman and would start for 9 or 10 teams in the Pac 12.
    I was about 20 feet away from 2 of those touchdowns. As soon as the ball went up I thought "pick." You're right though, it's just an experience issue.
  • EWURangerEWURanger Member Posts: 5
    haie said:

clawman said:

Losing to UW by 3 and 7 is the pinnacle of your white trash school and program. Bye.
    Classy.

I think it's apparent to anyone who watched that game that we came to win it. We're not into moral victories, ask Oregon State.

And the pinnacle of our program was winning an FCS national championship.

Hope that helps, have a nice day.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    EWURanger said:

haie said:

clawman said:

Classy.

I think it's apparent to anyone who watched that game that we came to win it. We're not into moral victories, ask Oregon State.

LEAVE!!!!!!!
    edited September 2014
    EWURanger said:

haie said:

clawman said:

Classy.

Glad I got to your nerves with that one. Hope you checked out the crystal ball on your way out of town.

P.S. "WE'RE AN FCS SCHOOL" sounds like a fucking moral victory to me. With that same quarterback we beat OSU by about 70. Good effort, good job though.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam
    EWURanger said:

haie said:

clawman said:

Classy.

Wow, I'm sorry.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    Vernon Adams will get drafted, some NFL team is going to think "Russel Wilson part deux".
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    Sarkisian is a taker and Petersen is a giver. I expect the difference will become apparent within one year.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Vernon Adams will get drafted, some NFL team is going to think "Russel Wilson part deux".

Doubt it.