Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

fucking faggot foods....

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,829 Founders Club
    poc81 said:

Faggot (food)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Faggots, gravy, mashed potatoes and marrowfat processed peas
    Faggots are a traditional dish in the UK,[1][2] especially South and Mid Wales and the Midlands of England.[3][4][5] It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.[3] A faggot is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.

Faggots originated as a traditional cheap food of ordinary country people in Western England, particularly west Wiltshire. Their popularity spread from there, especially to South Wales in the mid-nineteenth century, when many agricultural workers left the land to work in the rapidly expanding industry and mines of that area. Faggots are also known as "ducks" in the Midlands, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Lancashire, often as "savoury ducks."

The first use in print cited in the Oxford English Dictionary is in 1851, from Thomas Mayhew, where he describes a dish identical to the modern product with chopped liver and lights in an outer wrapper of caul. This was in London.

In classic sauce making, a faggot is also an herb bundle, or bouquet garni of bay leaf, thyme and parsley tied together.

Contents [hide]
    1 Preparation and serving
    2 Production
    3 Double meaning of "faggot"
    4 See also
    5 References
    Preparation and serving[edit]
    Commonly, the faggot consists of minced pork liver and heart, wrapped in bacon, with onion and breadcrumbs. Often, the faggot is cooked in a crock with gravy and served with peas and mashed potato. The mixture is shaped by hand into small balls, wrapped with caul fat (the omentum membrane from the pig's abdomen), and baked.

Another variation of faggot is Pig's fry wrapped in pig's caul: the pig's fry and boiled onions are minced (ground) together, then mixed with breadcrumbs or cold boiled potatoes, seasoned with sage, mixed herbs and pepper, all beaten together and then wrapped in small pieces of caul to form a ball. They are then baked in the oven and are usually served cold.[6]

Production[edit]
    The dish gained in popularity during the rationing in World War II, though its popularity has declined in recent years.[citation needed] Faggots are often homemade and are to be found in traditional butchers' shops and market stalls, though larger supermarkets generally stock the Mr Brain's brand of mass-produced faggot. This is a frozen food product available in Britain, made of liver and onions rolled into meatballs and served in a sauce. These differ significantly from traditional faggots, which have a coarser texture and contain far less water.

A popular dish is faggots and peas. This combination is common in the Black Country area of the West Midlands. It is still common to see small butchers' shops in the area selling faggots cheaply, made to their own recipe.

Disagree!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648
    H_D said:

AZDuck said:

This is at the penis festival in Kawasaki (near Tokyo). Its a fertility festival. It worked, me and my wife went and she got pregnant shortly thereafter

That's what happens when you let a bunch of Japanese guys run a train on your wife.
    Spooge!!!! True???
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

well, the little zipperhead is cute, and he gets better grades than the white kids

Does he go to UW, then?

lolololol!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    dnc said:

Spooge!!!! True???

That's why I keep it in the DH.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

well, the little zipperhead is cute, and he gets better grades than the white kids

I LOLed IRL.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club
    This thread. Good for the LULZ.
    Jesus Christ! Nice reflection of me on the fucking wine bottle. Well, at least you can't tell what I look like.
    EwaDawg said:

Nice thigh gap, Baze. ($75 k).

NTTATWWT

Well, I'm not a nacho-eating fat fuck that's for sure.

Jesus Christ! Nice reflection of me on the fucking wine bottle. Well, at least you can't tell what I look like.

Great hipster jean shorts, as always.
    NYBE

Cargo shorts...
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959 Swaye's Wigwam

NYBE

Cargo shorts...
    In my defense, I was trying to figure it out from a distorted reflection in a wine bottle.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648

NYBE

Cargo shorts...
    Looked like jorts to me too, and tight as fuck

Don't ask me how and why I found this thread. Needless to say, I have nothing to do on a Sunday morning. Figured I'd bump it anyway.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,873
    All foods that are hollow. Donuts, bagels etc imo