Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

(warning: full doogin')

2»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

uw struggled to beat Eastern WA at home. Road dawg check yourself. Take deep breath and repeat after me. Washington just gave up 52 fucking puts to EASTERN. FUCKING. WASHINGTON.

Good luck letting this play out!!!

Is this one of TKS's (who?) troll accounts?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

uw struggled to beat Eastern WA at home. Road dawg check yourself. Take deep breath and repeat after me. Washington just gave up 52 fucking puts to EASTERN. FUCKING. WASHINGTON.

Good luck letting this play out!!!

Is this one of TKS's (who?) troll accounts?
    Good guess but I think it's a Quook
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2014

I'm kind of in in-between mode. The defense was horrible and playing Kikaha the way we do really pisses me off. I know it's a scrimmage, but what fucking coach would use a DE who had 13 sacks the previous season like that? Petersen said after the game he likes Kikaha rushing the passer and that they need to make changes on defense. I don't think he's like Sark and will sit back. Petersen will get involved and make sure the defense gets better.

Terrible defense, but some of you guys are downplaying how good Adams and the WR's (especially Kupp) are. Look at Adams' TD's in the highlight. He was crazy accurate, very mobile and slippery, and always knew where his outlet receivers were. A couple of them were perfect throws very few QB's make. The two dropped picks really hurt too. Most would feel a little better about 59-38, which is what it probably should have been.

Eastern would be one of the better offensive teams in the conference. Some of you don't want to believe that because Eastern is FCS, but they are good. Very well coached with a stud QB and WR that can play for almost anyone. Mariota and maybe Kelly are the only QB's better than Adams. Really good QB's have always carved us up. It's frustrating, but it's nothing new. We don't have a good defense right now, but I will LIPO for a couple more games.

The issue I have with this line of thinking is that EWU will play 12+ games against other Div 1-AA opponents.

They set offensive records against the UW defense while in Husky Stadium, not against Sam Houston, Montana-Western, Montana State, Southern Utah, Cal Poly, Jacksonville State or UC Davis.

They just set school records against the University of Washington in Husky Stadium when 90% of their games are against teams like fucking Western Oregon.

This is really just the same rationalization that went on when people here were talking about that wasn't last years Hawaii, until Hawaii lost to an UNRANKED oregon state.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

I'm kind of in in-between mode. The defense was horrible and playing Kikaha the way we do really pisses me off. I know it's a scrimmage, but what fucking coach would use a DE who had 13 sacks the previous season like that? Petersen said after the game he likes Kikaha rushing the passer and that they need to make changes on defense. I don't think he's like Sark and will sit back. Petersen will get involved and make sure the defense gets better.

Terrible defense, but some of you guys are downplaying how good Adams and the WR's (especially Kupp) are. Look at Adams' TD's in the highlight. He was crazy accurate, very mobile and slippery, and always knew where his outlet receivers were. A couple of them were perfect throws very few QB's make. The two dropped picks really hurt too. Most would feel a little better about 59-38, which is what it probably should have been.

Eastern would be one of the better offensive teams in the conference. Some of you don't want to believe that because Eastern is FCS, but they are good. Very well coached with a stud QB and WR that can play for almost anyone. Mariota and maybe Kelly are the only QB's better than Adams. Really good QB's have always carved us up. It's frustrating, but it's nothing new. We don't have a good defense right now, but I will LIPO for a couple more games.

The issue I have with this line of thinking is that EWU will play 12+ games against other Div 1-AA opponents.

They set offensive records against the UW defense while in Husky Stadium, not against Sam Houston, Montana-Western, Montana State, Southern Utah, Cal Poly, Jacksonville State or UC Davis.

They just set school records against the University of Washington in Husky Stadium.

This is really just the same rationalization that went on when people here were talking about that wasn't last years Hawaii, until Hawaii lost to an UNRANKED oregon state.
    I was a lot more discouraged with Hawaii than I was today. Against Hawaii, we couldn't move the ball, were getting gashed up the middle, and were only saved by Chow and their horrible QB. I agree that we should blow out all FCS teams, but that was a great QB playing against DB's that right now aren't ready to play against that kind of player. They are worried about getting their assignment right. They weren't ready for that kind of scrambler and frequently saw that when the play broke down. We dominated them up front on offense (like we should have), and had 7 sacks (close to getting many more) on defense.

Petersen talked about using Kikaha as a pass rusher. If we are playing the same way with him by the Stanford game, our coaches are fucking idiots. The 3 man rush with Kikaha dropping in coverage was very Holt like. I'm worried about the coaching, but I think the secondary will look better with experience and against lesser QB's. The front 7 may not be incredible, but they don't all of a sudden suck. This can be an above average defense. I'm going to wait a few more games before declaring this a repeat of 2011.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    @RoadDawg55‌

You touched on something that I noticed during the game as well ...

A number of plays the defense (including the DBs) did a good job of covering the initial plays that Eastern wanted to run ... however, when the QB started to scramble, he would hurt us with either dump downs, runs of his own, or by extending the play and getting his WRs to win those battles when everything broke down.

I'm not going to call myself a football expert per se, but I would imagine that one of the most challenging things for inexperienced college DBs are learning how to cover WRs once plays break down and it turns into a huge scramble situation. This isn't something that they see a lot of in high school as most HS QBs would just tuck the ball and run at that point.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,558 Founders Club
    edited September 2014

I'm usually with you Roaddawg, but not this time. Their players play there for a reason. There are a few transfers from the PAC 12, there are a few transfers from other FBS schools, and there are few little guys/late bloomers who are real gritty and determined because the big boys passed them over. They could probably hold their own compared to CU, WSU, and maybe Kal and Utah. That's assuming no injuries too. That's it.

It doesn't really matter though. UW needs to fix a bunch of problems now.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'm usually with you Roaddawg, but not this time. Their players play there for a reason. There are a few transfers from the PAC 12, there are a few transfers from other FBS schools, and there are few little guys/late bloomers who are real gritty and determined because the big boys passed them over. They could probably hold their own compared to CU, WSU, and maybe Kal and Utah. That's assuming no injuries too.

It doesn't really matter though. UW needs to fix a bunch of problems now.
    I'm talking offense only. Their defense sucks, as we saw today.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    The "doog" rationalizations, all of them, need to end. This is Washington football. And if Petersen is half the coach we expect him to be, we need to see the play, in all phases, begin to resemble the tough, physical, punishing, passionate, and dominating football that once was the program's legacy. Petersen must restore this, and we need to see progress toward true Husky Football when we host Stanford in the conference opener.

After watching today's game, my optimism is waning. I have doubts about the DC and OC coaches making the grade. 10 penalties for 100 yards was wholly unacceptable. The blame for this must be with the present coaching staff.

The way the Huskies played today, I doubt we will avoid being plungered by Oregon and several other PAC-12 opponents this season. There is too much talent, and Petersen comes with such a seemingly strong background, to not be competitive in conference play.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The "doog" rationalizations, all of them, need to end. This is Washington football. And if Petersen is half the coach we expect him to be, we need to see the play, in all phases, begin to resemble the tough, physical, punishing, passionate, and dominating football that once was the program's legacy. Petersen must restore this, and we need to see progress toward true Husky Football when we host Stanford in the conference opener.

After watching today's game, my optimism is waning. I have doubts about the DC and OC coaches making the grade. 10 penalties for 100 yards was wholly unacceptable. The blame for this must be with the present coaching staff.

The way the Huskies played today, I doubt we will avoid being plungered by Oregon and several other PAC-12 opponents this season. There is too much talent, and Petersen comes with such a seemingly strong background, to not be competitive in conference play.

Go jump off the Aurora Bridge with cement shoes already.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Whatever.

BURN!
    Go fuck yourself. You might feel better.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

UW needs to fix a bunch of problems now.

If you can't see that's what happening, I can't help you.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    TTJ said:

Had you told me Friday UW would play nearly half of this game without both starting corners, I'd have said I'd be happy with any win, by any score.

And I am.

Obviously, it's a completely different offense with Miles. The whole offense looks so much looser and more confident with #10 at the controls. The line blocked with conviction, and all six backs (counting Miles) ran effectively.

And there are still zero turnovers on the season.

I am fully aware the conventional wisdom is to freak out about the defensive performance. EWU racked up 52 points and a million passing yards. But the Eagle offense is damn good. Adams would be the second best QB in the Pac-12, and the Eagles' offense would rank in the top half (at least) of Pac-12 offenses. UW proved last week they can play stout D. Once Peters and Kelly left the game, UW was relying on a secondary with practically zero game experience, against a team that would embarrass nearly anybody through the air. The brutal, drive-extending penalties (not saying undeserved penalties -- learn the difference) will subside quickly with adult supervision.

The Huskies aren't great in any phase of the game yet. But my feeling is that I'm seeing early signs of how they're going to become great. It's not going to take Peterman long to get the sark off these guys.

Good chit tj
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,558 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

UW needs to fix a bunch of problems now.

If you can't see that's what happening, I can't help you.
    I actually didn't see much of the gayme. The Eastern QB did make some amazing pinpoint throws. Still, they gave up 52 points.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

well... sark and ty certainly didn't restore it. Why not give 94-12(2-0) a chance before jumping off the Aurora bridge?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

uw struggled to beat Eastern WA at home. Road dawg check yourself. Take deep breath and repeat after me. Washington just gave up 52 fucking puts to EASTERN. FUCKING. WASHINGTON. Good luck letting this play out!!!

Hi there.