Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

(warning: full doogin')

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
Had you told me Friday UW would play nearly half of this game without both starting corners, I'd have said I'd be happy with any win, by any score.

And I am.

Obviously, it's a completely different offense with Miles. The whole offense looks so much looser and more confident with #10 at the controls. The line blocked with conviction, and all six backs (counting Miles) ran effectively.

And there are still zero turnovers on the season.

I am fully aware the conventional wisdom is to freak out about the defensive performance. EWU racked up 52 points and a million passing yards. But the Eagle offense is damn good. Adams would be the second best QB in the Pac-12, and the Eagles' offense would rank in the top half (at least) of Pac-12 offenses. UW proved last week they can play stout D. Once Peters and Kelly left the game, UW was relying on a secondary with practically zero game experience, against a team that would embarrass nearly anybody through the air. The brutal, drive-extending penalties (not saying undeserved penalties -- learn the difference) will subside quickly with adult supervision.

The Huskies aren't great in any phase of the game yet. But my feeling is that I'm seeing early signs of how they're going to become great. It's not going to take Peterman long to get the sark off these guys.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Yikes, that is pretty doogish. Hope you're right.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    BayDawg said:

I don't know about their offense as a whole, but Adams could playwould start at QB for everyone but Oregon.

Crisperated.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    AZDuck said:

You're dooging, but you're not wrong. UW is still a work in progress. It's still the preseason in Seattle, and Peterman has two more games to get his pieces in place. But god help you if you drop Kikaha into coverage against us

Still can't believe that shit. Christ.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Houhusky said:

Fucking shit I swear I went back in time to 2011...

Fucking doog boof timers said the exact same shit in 2011, I barely had to change any of this shit

You're wrong for 94 reasons.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    edited September 2014

I miss WASHINGTON dammit. Especially when that means good defense, fuck shootouts in the discipline hole.

Your avatar notwithstanding.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,558 Founders Club
    Figure this shit out, fast. The fucking coordinators make what some CEOs make now. I'm not going to accept 7-6 or 8-5 when the cupboard wasn't bare to begin with. There's no compelling evidence I know of to "blow up the team."
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,918 Swaye's Wigwam
    DJ(ILTCHDJ,IWILTD) needs to create a doog flag. Get those vanilla devs on that shit!
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    TTJ said:

Had you told me Friday UW would play nearly half of this game without both starting corners, I'd have said I'd be happy with any win, by any score.

And I am.

Obviously, it's a completely different offense with Miles. The whole offense looks so much looser and more confident with #10 at the controls. The line blocked with conviction, and all six backs (counting Miles) ran effectively.

And there are still zero turnovers on the season.

I am fully aware the conventional wisdom is to freak out about the defensive performance. EWU racked up 52 points and a million passing yards. But the Eagle offense is damn good. Adams would be the second best QB in the Pac-12, and the Eagles' offense would rank in the top half (at least) of Pac-12 offenses. UW proved last week they can play stout D. Once Peters and Kelly left the game, UW was relying on a secondary with practically zero game experience, against a team that would embarrass nearly anybody through the air. The brutal, drive-extending penalties (not saying undeserved penalties -- learn the difference) will subside quickly with adult supervision.

The Huskies aren't great in any phase of the game yet. But my feeling is that I'm seeing early signs of how they're going to become great. It's not going to take Peterman long to get the sark off these guys.

Disagree.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW is playing a lot of guys on defense...letting them learn on the job and giving it time to let the rotations sort themselves out. The system isn't working very well right now, but I think it will when it needs to and given the plush preseason to work out the kinks and see who can do what. The one real good sign so far has been superior conditioning or just a lot of effective resting of players that's shown late in games where the D has been abused for three quarters. I'm not seeing guys laboring in pursuit or missing more tackles. The pass rush isn't slowing down. Those things have gotten better late when the games were on the line.

It's been ugly but I've seen enough signs that it can and probably will improve to stay optimistic. The season doesn't start for a few weeks yet, the offense might be finding itself, and the DBs are getting a ton of extra work in that should pay off.
  • blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    uw struggled to beat Eastern WA at home. Road dawg check yourself. Take deep breath and repeat after me. Washington just gave up 52 fucking puts to EASTERN. FUCKING. WASHINGTON.

Good luck letting this play out!!!