Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for Doogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How he finishes means everything. If UW is 4-4 heading into the last four games, they play Colorado, at UCLA, at Oregon State and Washington State. They could easily win three of those, get a berth into the Feed the Children Bowl and then beat a lightweight like Purdue to finish 8-5. Then we're not just talking about a 6th year, we're talking an extension and raise, even in THIS economy.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited July 2013
    I agree with tailgater here. Husky football was put to rest almost a generation ago. Us old die-hards forget how long it's been. There were brief rays of light in the 20 year death spiral, but a decent into football hell none the less.

I'm so cynical at this point, that I fail to see any possible positive spin on the state of the program. The incompetent PC technocrats that run the athletic department and prevail on upper campus almost preclude any hope of ever hiring a decent coach or Athletic Director. A good friend of mine was a college coach. He explained that the support of upper campus and the make up of the athletic department are the most important drivers in creating / maintaining a successful program. As he said, "Who wants to work for an administrative train wreck like Washington?" Even if good people were interested in these two top spots, the power structure wouldn't be able to land them.

As far as Steve, he's here until he goes sub 500 a few times. What then? They'll hire another loser or marginal hack. Nothing short of a revolution will turn things around. At an institution driven by political correctness above all else, the house cleaning from top to bottom is in all likely hood impossible. You see, it's not just Cream Puff that creates the disease, it's the horrid marketing people and most everyone connected with Husky athletics.

The Husky athletic department is stage three cancer.....there is no gentle solution.
    Tailgater said:

If by higher-ups in the Tyee Club, you mean AD ass-kissers like Bill Fleener, I wouldn't count on that Insider bunch to apply any pressure for more scoreboard success on the gridiron.