Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for Doogs

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
When Sark was hired, if you knew that five years later oregon writers would be predicting a 45-0 Duck victory in Seattle, would you feel Sark was the right hire?

autzenzoo.com/2013/07/04/espn-oregon-football-washington-huskies/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    "The big games on Washington’s schedule before they face the Ducks include BYU to open the season on August 31st"

We open the season with BYU?! Staff true?!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    awfully warm for (insert future date regarding any topic), isn't it?
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited July 2013
    I"m plenty negative about the Dawgs' future, but 45 - 0 is a little over the top.

We're not that bad. There's every reason to believe we might not lose by more than 21 points. The downside might be 45 - 14 possibly if Cream Puff goes with his vaunted shotgun air assault after we get behind a couple of TDs.

Oh yeah, the question. Of course not.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I agree Steve, but the point is more that 45-0 is how we're regarded by our opponents
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I agree Steve, but the point is more that 45-0 is how we're regarded by our opponents

I took that as a combo shot at the Huskies with a bit of Sarkasm, but you could be right, the writer may believe the game really will be that easy ... and he/she/it may be right. Either way, the writer is perfectly comfortable "printing" that kind of shot (or prediction), which would not have happened if a real coach had been in charge at Udub for the past four years.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I get the idea, but 45 - 0 is still pretty verbose. It's not too bright printing that kind of stuff, but we are talking about a frigin bird.

I do understand (and agree) with the writers total lack of respect. There are only two teams next year that probably don't have much of a chance against us (ID St. and Illinois.)

This is a combo shot too. I just pissed all over Cream Puff's shoes.
  • Options
    royotisroyotis Member Posts: 10
    First Comment

When Sark was hired, if you knew that five years later oregon writers would be predicting a 45-0 Duck victory in Seattle, would you feel Sark was the right hire?

That's delusional. I think we will beat Oregin this season.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Starbucks or public library?
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    45-21 may as well be 45-0. The 21 will be garbage points that they allow UW to score against Oregon's towel boys.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    section8 said:

45-21 may as well be 45-0. The 21 will be garbage points that they allow UW to score against Oregon's towel boys.

Just passing this along, I'm hearing Heilfrichtche likes his towel boys as much as Kelly did, allegedly.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

section8 said:

Just passing this along, I'm hearing Heilfrichtche likes his towel boys as much as Kelly did, allegedly.
    Not that anyone who runs a UW football fan site would ever spread a dirty rumor around like that in Las Vegas. Never.

Oh, hi Kim!
  • Options
    Agreed.
    section8 said:

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    royotis said:

That's delusional. I think we will beat Oregin this season.
    That didn't last long. Harv once again D.A.O
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

"The big games on Washington’s schedule before they face the Ducks include BYU to open the season on August 31st"

We open the season with BYU?! Staff true?!

BYU in place of BSU is no misprint, I believe. All who are associated with duck football have difficulty acknowledging their two game, home and home loses to BSU during their coaching transition from Bellotti to Kelly. It's not just this mini-losing streak that causes the ducks to choke, but the fact reported at least in Boise that Phil Knight wanted Chris Peterson instead of Kelly first as OC and then as Bellotti's replacement before Peterson totally rejected the prospect of returning to Eugene. Some truth to this seemed evident when Peterson was reportedly seen with Knight around town in Boise and photographed on the field in Bronco Stadium before that infamous second BSU pounding of Kelly's duck football. I think actually it was just that Peterson and Phil Knight are close friends.

• Options

Even though the firing of Tyrone Willingham was a relief in terms of UW finally correcting the 2005 mistake of hiring the incompetent fraud and worst coach in Husky football history, Emmert-Woodward's hiring of under-qualified raw rookie Steve Sarkisian was disappointing to me. While continuing to flog their public funding stadium renovation concept to the death it deserved, Emmert-Woodward once again insulted our football intelligence by not searching for and hiring the proven head football coach that Husky Football desperately needed following the oh-for-twelve 2008 season.

Given what had happened to our football program prior to Sark's arrival, I can not avoid being somewhat encouraged. Compared to his two predecessors, Tyrone and Gilby, some excitement has been regenerated by Sark's first four seasons. Although there's still plenty of questions about his head coaching abilities, I can still muster some hope while Sark remains on a learning curve with his changes in staff and schemes. The defense could be good even this coming season while Sark's offense........ is a work in progress especially in fundamentals and discipline. The recruiting must get better at positions away from the ball and glory zone........ but then, everything needs to get much better.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I think we beat Oregon this year 31-28. WTF is 45-0? Mariota is going to get killed
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Even though the firing of Tyrone Willingham was a relief in terms of UW finally correcting the 2005 mistake of hiring the incompetent fraud and worst coach in Husky football history, Emmert-Woodward's hiring of under-qualified raw rookie Steve Sarkisian was disappointing to me. While continuing to flog their public funding stadium renovation concept to the death it deserved, Emmert-Woodward once again insulted our football intelligence by not searching for and hiring the proven head football coach that Husky Football desperately needed following the oh-for-twelve 2008 season.

Given what had happened to our football program prior to Sark's arrival, I can not avoid being somewhat encouraged. Compared to his two predecessors, Tyrone and Gilby, some excitement has been regenerated by Sark's first four seasons. Although there's still plenty of questions about his head coaching abilities, I can still muster some hope while Sark remains on a learning curve with his changes in staff and schemes. The defense could be good even this coming season while Sark's offense........ is a work in progress especially in fundamentals and discipline. The recruiting must get better at positions away from the ball and glory zone........ but then, everything needs to get much better.

Two years ago, I had the same sentiments. 2011 was a disappointment, especially on the defensive side. The LSU game last year kind of got me off the fence about Sark and proved he was, at least at this time, an average coach. Remember, Towson did better against LSU than we did, and the Tigers finished 10-3, not 12-1 or 13-0...they weren't a top five team, not that it should matter that much.

I actually think that if he goes 7-6 for a fourth straight year, the chances are pretty good he gets canned, probably in the area of 70%. The higher-ups in the Tyee Club will start to call for it. 6-7 will get him fired for sure, unless he has some pretty good dirt on several people. I can't see even most Doogs standing for that.

The problem will be if they go 8-5. It's kind of in that nebulus range. Even if Whoregon (LOL!!) *insert rape analogy here* us, there will be some kind of excuse for it. We did slightly better than last year, and these guys were injured, it was hot in Tempe or L.A., too high in Utah etc. It will show Woody that there's incremental progress and it will save Seven Win Steve's job, because he's now Eight Win Steve. Contracts will get extended and we'll continue to win P 12 North Third Place Ribbons.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tailgater said:

I actually think that if he goes 7-6 for a fourth straight year, the chances are pretty good he gets canned, probably in the area of 70%. The higher-ups in the Tyee Club will start to call for it. 6-7 will get him fired for sure, unless he has some pretty good dirt on several people. I can't see even most Doogs standing for that.
    Good poast and I agree with you except for the above.

If he goes 7-6 again. It's easily over 51% that he's back for his 6th year. 6-7 and I think he's back as well. The higher ups you speak of...there was a good amount of them that lobbied for Ty to get a 4th year. I agree that some doogs will start to jump off the bandwagon, but idiot jagoffs like S14aSF, DugtheDoog, and DiggyDoog will go down with the ship and Kim, Fatters, and Ektard won't say shit until their access is cut off. Then Dave Samek can write about how Sark should be fired after Sark gets fired after his 18th 7-6 season.
  • Options
    If by higher-ups in the Tyee Club, you mean AD ass-kissers like Bill Fleener, I wouldn't count on that Insider bunch to apply any pressure for more scoreboard success on the gridiron. I've been a Tyee since '75 and along with many other things that went wrong, I'm still disappointed that the Tyees as a so-called booster club didn't raise more hell and get into a knockdown brawl with Hedges, Gerberding, and McCormack when it mattered and might have saved Husky Football before the football president Dr. Snakeoil and his hatchet man showed up to deliver the death blow. I know there was some pressure from deep pockets when we hit rock bottom and our once great attendance went away, but that was over ten years too late. Now we are virtually nothing trying to be something again. Who could of thought that such a thing could happen? Certainly not the Tyees.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tailgater said:

Good poast and I agree with you except for the above.

If he goes 7-6 again. It's easily over 51% that he's back for his 6th year. 6-7 and I think he's back as well. The higher ups you speak of...there was a good amount of them that lobbied for Ty to get a 4th year. I agree that some doogs will start to jump off the bandwagon, but idiot jagoffs like S14aSF, DugtheDoog, and DiggyDoog will go down with the ship and Kim, Fatters, and Ektard won't say shit until their access is cut off. Then Dave Samek can write about how Sark should be fired after Sark gets fired after his 18th 7-6 season.
    If Fetters is on the ship it will sink fast.