Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peter King confirms my suspicions on Michael Sam situation

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited September 2014 in NFL Talk
The NFL pressured teams to sign him to avoid a "nightmare situation". Heaven forbid they evaluate people on their talent alone.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Dallas wasn't pressured into anything. Jerry Jones (marketing genius) found a cheap way to generate more publicity for his Cowboys. Dallas has won one playoff game in the last 15 years yet Jerry Jones still manages to keep the franchise relevant. He would have signed Tebow too, if it wouldn't have fucked with Romo's head.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

Dallas wasn't pressured into anything. Jerry Jones (marketing genius) found a cheap way to generate more publicity for his Cowboys. Dallas has won one playoff game in the last 15 years yet Jerry Jones still manages to keep the franchise relevant. He would have signed Tebow too, if it wouldn't have fucked with Romo's head.

and you know all this how?
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Dallas wasn't pressured into anything. Jerry Jones (self-proclaimed marketing genius) found a cheap way to generate more publicity for his Cowboys. Dallas has won one playoff game in the last 15 years yet Jerry Jones still manages to keep the franchise relevant. He would have signed Tebow too, if it wouldn't have fucked with Romo's head.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014
    Honestly, I think his chances would be better if he wasn't gay. Nobody (or very, very few) would ever come out and say it, but players don't want to play with a gay guy, and he's not good enough to warrant the media attention. The media attention is annoying and he doesn't deserve it, but it actually is harming his chances. However, he was the SEC defensive player of the year and had a good preseason. Ability wise, I think he's more than good enough to play in the NFL.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

You really think Roger Godell pressured Jerry Jones into taking Michael Sam? Godell might be able to pressure quite a few people, but Jerry Jones isn't one of them. FYI- I hate the Cowboys, but I still admire how Jones keeps people talking about his team, when they haven't deserved it on the field for quite some time.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

You really think Roger Godell pressured Jerry Jones into taking Michael Sam? Godell might be able to pressure quite a few people, but Jerry Jones isn't one of them. FYI- I hate the Cowboys, but I still admire how Jones keeps people talking about his team, when they haven't deserved it on the field for quite some time.
    This is the problem with this conspiracy theory. Jerry Jones don't give a fuck.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peter King is your source!!??1!
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Honestly, I think his chances would be better if he wasn't gay. Nobody (or very, very few) would ever come out and say it, but players don't want to play with a gay guy, and he's not good enough to warrant the media attention. The media attention is annoying and he doesn't deserve it, but it actually is harming his chances. However, he was the SEC defensive player of the year and had a good preseason. Ability wise, I think he's more than good enough to play in the NFL.

Totally. They should give all that attention to teachers. They're the real heros. They deserve it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Peter King is your source!!??1!

Source? where we're going we don't need no fucking source!
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This. If Goodell was looking for a team to strong-arm into taking an unwanted player, wouldn't it be the Ravens?
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So I imagine in the future that the "Rooney Rule" will be expanded to include interviewing a fag and a black. When Michael Sam is done playing interviewing him will take care of both.
  • Options
    Founders Club

So I imagine in the future that the "Rooney Rule" will be expanded to include interviewing a fag and a black. When Michael Sam is done playing interviewing him will take care of both.

A gay or a black at first, but eventually yes. Either way it won't be interesting.