Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does Peterman bench a few starters?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

The "Wilcox is the greatest" has got to stop. UW replaces 3/4 in the secondary and QB, hence my tempered expectations. Even though this secondary has great natural talent, they need experience. You do not run press coverage all over the field with 1 over the top in the first game with this experience. If you can't see that I can't help you. LIFPO

Wilcox inherited experienced DBs, but he also inherited some inexperienced DLs and LBs. You forgot to mention (or research) that.

I don't think "Wilcox is the greatest," but to dismiss his positive impact on the defense is FS. Our guys were flying around and making plays, whereas under holt they were passive and lost, and content to bend but not break. Which is exactly how they looked much of Saturday.

Hi there.

UW's defense gave up 16 points on Saturday. Wilcox's defenses held opponents under 21 twice on the road in 11 tries.

Come on, DNC. The defense was pretty good in the second half, especially when considering the offense couldn't get a first down, but the opponent had something to do with it. The only team that was as bad or worse than Hawaii that Wilcox faced was Colorado in 2012. Most everyone expected us to hold Hawaii under 21. We would have expected Wilcox to have done the same.

The defense was decent though. We held them under their average of 27 ppg last year, and we played good defense when we needed to. I don't love soft coverage, but it made sense with so many young guys in the secondary. The Hawaii QB was 23-42 for 207 which is only 4.93 yards per attempt. I was disappointed in the front 7 and with the way Hawaii ran the ball on us. The pressure on the QB was pretty good, but nothing great either. I'd give them a B-, maybe a B.
    Of course the opponent had something to do with it, I'm not denying that. I am saying there's some major graduation goggles going on here with the idea that Wilcox's defense would have been significantly better than what we saw Saturday, especially considering the offense couldn't sustain a single drive for the first 25 minutes of the second half.

I wasn't thrilled with the defensive performance by any means, but this "I miss Wilcox" idea is bullshit.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

How about benching a few coaches? Kawasaki, Strausser, and Smith.

Fuck Sark, but in one game I'm already questioning defensive coaching, and missing Wilcox. Kawasaki's bend-but-don't-break bullshit has me waking up in a cold sweat after a nightmare featuring nick holt.

Peterman better out a stop to this shit right now.

Passion your bullshit might fly at fatman but not here. Ill call you on every buttfucked thing u say about push and heat. Its old and youre not blamin g coaches after one game bungus.

Rail on the coaches with a fair sample size. In the meantime u can receive a sturdy push from the middle right up your penny from purple and heat down your throat from kimmy.
    I made water. In my sweatpants.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    dnc said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

The "Wilcox is the greatest" has got to stop. UW replaces 3/4 in the secondary and QB, hence my tempered expectations. Even though this secondary has great natural talent, they need experience. You do not run press coverage all over the field with 1 over the top in the first game with this experience. If you can't see that I can't help you. LIFPO

Wilcox inherited experienced DBs, but he also inherited some inexperienced DLs and LBs. You forgot to mention (or research) that.

I don't think "Wilcox is the greatest," but to dismiss his positive impact on the defense is FS. Our guys were flying around and making plays, whereas under holt they were passive and lost, and content to bend but not break. Which is exactly how they looked much of Saturday.

Hi there.

UW's defense gave up 16 points on Saturday. Wilcox's defenses held opponents under 21 twice on the road in 11 tries.

Hi back.

Hawaii's Iosefa had more rushing yards against UW on Saturday than almost any RB that Washington faced last year (143). Hell, Ka'deem Carey only had 132 yards against UW in 2013. AND IT'S HAWAII FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Wilcox only held opponents under 21 twice on the road because none of those opponents were as shitty as Hawaii. sark played all of his shitty opponents at Husky Stadium.

And simply relying on point totals for your argument is a doogman.com trait. If you believe the bend-but-don't-break bullshit, eventually you're going to get avalanched. Ask sark and holt.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    "And simply relying on point totals for your argument is a doogman.com trait."

Voted down for stoopid coog logic!

Points > Yards

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    Passion said:

Hi back.

Hawaii's Iosefa had more rushing yards against UW on Saturday than almost any RB that Washington faced last year (143). Hell, Ka'deem Carey only had 132 yards against UW in 2013. AND IT'S HAWAII FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Wilcox only held road opponents under 21 twice on the road because none of those opponents were as shitty as Hawaii. sark played all of his shitty opponents at Husky Stadium.

And simply relying on point totals for your argument is a doogman.com trait. If you believe the bend-but-don't-break bullshit, eventually you're going to get avalanched. Ask sark and holt.

Your claim is bias against teams that use multiple RBs or that have mobile QBs. Yes, Iosefa had a monster game getting 143 yards against us, but he carried the ball 30 times. How many teams did that against UW? And why did you only bring up Arizona and not Oregon or ASU or BYU or Boise State or Cal? How did those teams compare to Hawaii?

Hawaii ran for 217 yards against us on 54 carries for 4.0 ypc.

Last year, BSU ran for 171 on 42 carries for 4.1 ypc.
    Illinois was 3.8 ypc.
    Arizona was 4.1 ypc (and that includes the punter fumbling the snap for a safety)
    Stanford was 4.4 ypc
    Oregon was 5.3 ypc
    ASU was 6.2 ypc
    Cal was 4.5 ypc (but that is skewed by Muhammad's 73 yard TD run against our 2nd/3rd string)
    Colorado was 3.5 ypc
    UCLA was 4.2 ypc
    OSU was 4.8 ypc
    Wazzu's two RBs combined for 13 carries for 76 yards, good for 5.8 ypc
    BYU was only 3.8 ypc

So if this Hawaii game were compared to last year's stats...

ASU 6.2
    Wazzu's RBs 5.8
    Oregon 5.3
    OSU 4.8
    Cal 4.5
    Stanford 4.4
    UCLA 4.2
    BSU 4.1
    Arizona 4.1
    Hawaii 4.0
    Illinois 3.8
    BYU 3.8
    Colorado 3.5

The point of this exercise is not to show you how much disposal time I have between bags of Pizza Rolls but that using one measure from one stat and trying a conclusion is PassionFS.
  • Options

Passion said:

Hi back.

Wilcox only held road opponents under 21 twice on the road because none of those opponents were as shitty as Hawaii. sark played all of his shitty opponents at Husky Stadium.

Your claim is bias against teams that use multiple RBs or that have mobile QBs. Yes, Iosefa had a monster game getting 143 yards against us, but he carried the ball 30 times. How many teams did that against UW? And why did you only bring up Arizona and not Oregon or ASU or BYU or Boise State or Cal? How did those teams compare to Hawaii?

Illinois was 3.8 ypc.
    Arizona was 4.1 ypc (and that includes the punter fumbling the snap for a safety)
    Stanford was 4.4 ypc
    Oregon was 5.3 ypc
    ASU was 6.2 ypc
    Cal was 4.5 ypc (but that is skewed by Muhammad's 73 yard TD run against our 2nd/3rd string)
    Colorado was 3.5 ypc
    UCLA was 4.2 ypc
    OSU was 4.8 ypc
    BYU was only 3.8 ypc

ASU 6.2
    Wazzu's RBs 5.8
    Oregon 5.3
    OSU 4.8
    Cal 4.5
    Stanford 4.4
    UCLA 4.2
    BSU 4.1
    Arizona 4.1
    Hawaii 4.0
    Illinois 3.8
    BYU 3.8
    Colorado 3.5

The point of this exercise is not to show you how much disposal time I have between bags of Pizza Rolls but that using one measure from one stat and trying a conclusion is PassionFS.
    Was working on this same response but you beat me to the poast button. Well done, sir.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014

Passion said:

Hi back.

Illinois was 3.8 ypc.
    Stanford was 4.4 ypc
    Oregon was 5.3 ypc
    ASU was 6.2 ypc
    Colorado was 3.5 ypc
    UCLA was 4.2 ypc
    OSU was 4.8 ypc
    BYU was only 3.8 ypc

ASU 6.2
    Wazzu's RBs 5.8
    Oregon 5.3
    OSU 4.8
    Cal 4.5
    Stanford 4.4
    UCLA 4.2
    BSU 4.1
    Arizona 4.1
    Hawaii 4.0
    Illinois 3.8
    BYU 3.8
    Colorado 3.5

Dear whatshouldIcareaboutFS,

What does it matter if Iosefa carried the ball 30 times? It's still a 4 yard average, which apparently is Ok with you. It also shows that Hawaii just lined up and did the same thing over and over, but still punched us in the mouth.

Yards per carry doesn't mean shit, considered by itself. You can have a RB or a QB get a few lucky runs and suddenly the YPC is way up. You have to consider YPC within the context of total carries and total rushing yards. Then you can get a complete view of the damage that a given player did to the defense over the course of a game.

Hawaii finished with 424 yards of offense, and they're a Mountain West conference team. Apparently that is Ok with you.

At the end of the game, Petersen told Rondeau that the defense got pushed around and gave up way too many yards. So I guess he is FS as well. At least you and kimmy grinolds agree on something.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Hi back.

Illinois was 3.8 ypc.
    Stanford was 4.4 ypc
    Oregon was 5.3 ypc
    ASU was 6.2 ypc
    Colorado was 3.5 ypc
    UCLA was 4.2 ypc
    OSU was 4.8 ypc
    BYU was only 3.8 ypc

ASU 6.2
    Wazzu's RBs 5.8
    Oregon 5.3
    OSU 4.8
    Cal 4.5
    Stanford 4.4
    UCLA 4.2
    BSU 4.1
    Arizona 4.1
    Hawaii 4.0
    Illinois 3.8
    BYU 3.8
    Colorado 3.5

What does it matter if Iosefa carried the ball 30 times? It's still a 4 yard average, which apparently is Ok with you. It also shows that Hawaii just lined up and did the same thing over and over, but still punched us in the mouth.

Yards per carry doesn't mean shit, considered by itself. You can have a RB or a QB get a few lucky runs and suddenly the YPC is way up. You have to consider YPC within the context of total carries and total rushing yards. Then you can get a complete view of the damage that a given player did to the defense over the course of a game.

Hawaii finished with 424 yards of offense, and they're a Mountain West conference team. Apparently that is Ok with you.

At the end of the game, Petersen told Rondeau that the defense got pushed around and gave up way too many yards. So I guess he is FS as well. At least you and kimmy grinolds agree on something.
    No one's saying what happened Saturday is "Okay with" us. What we're saying is it wasn't any worse than Wilcox, so take his cock out of your mouth already and hit the Listerine. If anyone has anything in common with Kent Griswold it's you and your choice of fellatio partners.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    Passion said:

Classic strawman. Where did I ever say this was okay? Having trouble finding it? Probably because I never said it.

All I did was point out that your argument was bias, that the YPC was comparable to most of the teams last year, and that you're fucking stupid. Those are all facts. Are you going to argue with facts?

You're not very good at this, are you?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This thread is why we rarely talk football around this shithole. Football talk leads to fights at the Aurora 7-11.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

This thread is why we rarely talk football around this shithole. Football talk leads to fights at the Aurora 7-11.

Or, bare pickles.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This thread is full of Doogs that need to DIAFF.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    One other thing to mention on the running game was that I felt like Hawaii's offense was built to get running plays of 3-5 yards per carry ... I think they knew that they wouldn't bust many long ones so they were instead focused on running some slanting off tackle type plays that would get them close to 10 if a tackle or two were missed ... but otherwise they'd take 2nd and 6 or 7 every single time and try to stay ahead of the chains.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Are there any benchers that should start?