Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does Peterman bench a few starters?

I have watched the game three times now, and watched it the last time after having taken notes from what some of you had seen and posted about.

Conclusion, since Peterman inherited most of the roster, he doesn't give a flying fuck who starts, he is not emotionally driven to keep a guy on the field who is fucking up. and he has a roaster to pick and choose from. The OL sucked. Who will he bench and who will come in? Is Lindy related to the woodshed for stinking up the opportunity? If so, who starts? Is Miles still in the dog house? Does Mickens continue as a punt returner? If not, do you put Ross back there?

I doubt Peterman stands pat with his hand.

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Everyone has known all along that Miles is starting the second game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not much good at rating OL, but if I'm in charge it will take a miracle for Atoe to play himself back into the starting lineup let alone the 1st round of the draft.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    How about benching a few coaches? Kawasaki, Strausser, and Smith.

Fuck Sark, but in one game I'm already questioning defensive coaching, and missing Wilcox. Kawasaki's bend-but-don't-break bullshit has me waking up in a cold sweat after a nightmare featuring nick holt.

Peterman better out a stop to this shit right now.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Fuck Sark, but in one game I'm already questioning defensive coaching, and missing Wilcox. Kawasaki's bend-but-don't-break bullshit has me waking up in a cold sweat after a nightmare featuring nick holt.

Kawasaki? is this some running joke here I've missed?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was actually fine with playing off of the receivers for the first game. Peters should be able to do whatever you need him to do, but you'd rather the opposing offense drive the length of the field off of short/medium gains than completely burn a brand new db and shatter his confidence. We obviously won't be able to protect them from here on out though.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2014
    The "Wilcox is the greatest" has got to stop. UW replaces 3/4 in the secondary and QB, hence my tempered expectations. Even though this secondary has great natural talent, they need experience. You do not run press coverage all over the field with 1 over the top in the first game with this experience. If you can't see that I can't help you. LIFPO
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I said it in the game thread, but if Jermaine Kelly isn't playing off his guy he is going to get beat over the top every time. He is very bad right now.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Vegasdawg said:

I have watched the game three times now, and watched it the last time after having taken notes from what some of you had seen and posted about.

Conclusion, since Peterman inherited most of the roster, he doesn't give a flying fuck who starts, he is not emotionally driven to keep a guy on the field who is fucking up. and he has a roaster to pick and choose from. The OL sucked. Who will he bench and who will come in? Is Lindy related to the woodshed for stinking up the opportunity? If so, who starts? Is Miles still in the dog house? Does Mickens continue as a punt returner? If not, do you put Ross back there?

LEAVE!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bench the starting QB this week. Give the black kid a shot.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ed the game three times now, and watched it the last time after having taken notes from what some of you had seen and posted about.

Thumb up
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Passion your bullshit might fly at fatman but not here. Ill call you on every buttfucked thing u say about push and heat. Its old and youre not blamin g coaches after one game bungus.

Rail on the coaches with a fair sample size. In the meantime u can receive a sturdy push from the middle right up your penny from purple and heat down your throat from kimmy.
    I made water. In my pants.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    AEB said:

The "Wilcox is the greatest" has got to stop. UW replaces 3/4 in the secondary and QB, hence my tempered expectations. Even though this secondary has great natural talent, they need experience. You do not run press coverage all over the field with 1 over the top in the first game with this experience. If you can't see that I can't help you. LIFPO

Wilcox inherited experienced DBs, but he also inherited some inexperienced DLs and LBs. You forgot to mention (or research) that.

I don't think "Wilcox is the greatest," but to dismiss his positive impact on the defense is FS. Our guys were flying around and making plays, whereas under holt they were passive and lost, and content to bend but not break. Which is exactly how they looked much of Saturday.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014
    dnc said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

Wilcox inherited experienced DBs, but he also inherited some inexperienced DLs and LBs. You forgot to mention (or research) that.

I don't think "Wilcox is the greatest," but to dismiss his positive impact on the defense is FS. Our guys were flying around and making plays, whereas under holt they were passive and lost, and content to bend but not break. Which is exactly how they looked much of Saturday.

Hi there.

UW's defense gave up 16 points on Saturday. Wilcox's defenses held opponents under 21 twice on the road in 11 tries.

Come on, DNC. The defense was pretty good in the second half, especially when considering the offense couldn't get a first down, but the opponent had something to do with it. The only team that was as bad or worse than Hawaii that Wilcox faced was Colorado in 2012. Most everyone expected us to hold Hawaii under 21. We would have expected Wilcox to have done the same.

The defense was decent though. We held them under their average of 27 ppg last year, and we played good defense when we needed to. I don't love soft coverage, but it made sense with so many young guys in the secondary. The Hawaii QB was 23-42 for 207 which is only 4.93 yards per attempt. I was disappointed in the front 7 and with the way Hawaii ran the ball on us. The pressure on the QB was pretty good, but nothing great either. I'd give them a B-, maybe a B.