Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Late Johnie Kirton and the Story of his Senior Season

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Houhusky said:

while talking about players who never reached their potential can we talk more about Marcel Reece... the guy is incredibly athletic for his size

At UW I remember fans hating him in 2007 cause he was a slow WR who couldn't catch. Now he's a pro bowl full back. Great player evaluation as always there Ty.
    I don't remember anybody "hating" on him. He was just lost in the crowd... and I remember thinking "why isn't this guy a superstar?" I actually predicted to a friend that Reece would be the Pac-10 offensive player of the year for 2007.
    Agree. I don't remember anyone hating on him. He was easily our best WR, but there were fans who wanted more from him, myself included. He was a monster, but he did have average (at best) hands. There is a reason he is a FB/H-Back in the NFL. I'm glad he has carved out a role for himself and became a very good player.

Did he "carve out a role for himself", or was he finally used properly?
    He was UW's best WR for two seasons. You really think he would have made a bigger impact at FB/HB?

In a vacuum, sure, he's clearly better suited for that role. But UW had a serious lack of playmakers back then. Ty was an idiot but playing Reese at WR was not one of his bad decisions, IMO.

I never said playing him at WR was a problem. But allowing him to be woefully out of shape from our inadequate training program combined with incredibly inept assistant coaches teaching him the position led to him being not maximizing his potential to say the least.
    Hello there.

Washington had an EIGHTEEN MILE PER HOUR TREADMILL when Ty was there.

And chocolate milk for recovery.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Houhusky said:

while talking about players who never reached their potential can we talk more about Marcel Reece... the guy is incredibly athletic for his size

At UW I remember fans hating him in 2007 cause he was a slow WR who couldn't catch. Now he's a pro bowl full back. Great player evaluation as always there Ty.
    I don't remember anybody "hating" on him. He was just lost in the crowd... and I remember thinking "why isn't this guy a superstar?" I actually predicted to a friend that Reece would be the Pac-10 offensive player of the year for 2007.
    Agree. I don't remember anyone hating on him. He was easily our best WR, but there were fans who wanted more from him, myself included. He was a monster, but he did have average (at best) hands. There is a reason he is a FB/H-Back in the NFL. I'm glad he has carved out a role for himself and became a very good player.

He was UW's best WR for two seasons. You really think he would have made a bigger impact at FB/HB?

In a vacuum, sure, he's clearly better suited for that role. But UW had a serious lack of playmakers back then. Ty was an idiot but playing Reese at WR was not one of his bad decisions, IMO.

I never said playing him at WR was a problem. But allowing him to be woefully out of shape from our inadequate training program combined with incredibly inept assistant coaches teaching him the position led to him being not maximizing his potential to say the least.
    Hello there.

Washington had an EIGHTEEN MILE PER HOUR TREADMILL when Ty was there.

And chocolate milk for recovery.

ripty

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Good point. I would lean more to the finally used properly side.

Jake Locker says "Hi... wish someone had warned me."
  • Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    Free pub for Joel Koppenaal!