Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keep Me From Being Chicken Little

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

A lot of poor mouthing going on around here. Is anyone slobbering like Lou Holtz?

Dwags! win and lose the following; cook it:

Northwestern: W

Rutgers: W

Michigan: W (just watch)

Iowa: W

Indiana: W

SC: L (too much respect)

Penn State: L (too much Sandusky)

UCLA: W

Oregon: W (too little respect)

Looks like 9-3 by my math. Maybe Whoregon gets straightened out and breaks the streak. 8-4 at worst.

Cook it.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club

My Hoosiers are tuff

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,116

Yes, creep is dooging hard but this staff may just figure it out yet. You are trying too hard. If Fisch loses to Michigan, and at Iowa and Rutgers he needs to be tarmaced.

edited September 16

We? are not losing to fucking Rutgers and Racebannon's Tuff Indiana Hosiers. This isn't basketball and Gene Hackman isn't walking through that door any tim soon.

The only loss of which I'm fairly confident is Penn State. They're good enough, they're tuff at home and we? will be a bit intimidated for that one more because of rep and lore than anything else. Once we? get comfortable playing them then I think that going there and playing them won't be a big deal. For now, and the condition we're? in, I have a hard tim seeing UW winning that one. If we were playing Buck, I'd chalk that one up too.

But the rest? GMAFB. I'm with our friendly Canuck on this one: we? give much too much deference to these Big 10 teams. Michigan can lick my balls and they are super beatable with what we? have. I'm sticking my neck out on this one, but I think we? beat them. Their coach is a retard.

Losing Bruener hurt because BHL TUFF and because, like another poster said, the guy actually gives a shit and plays for more than just mercenary purpose. Kid is a Dwag through and through.

Also, with O line shit, run blocking is fixable. Pass blocking takes more time and finesse to iron out. But if you have the beef, it's not hard to beat it into them to run block and they certainly have a horse in the stable to throw at it. I say run that fucker that visor brought with him until he begs for a breather and use that to set up the pass. Tell Boston that if he ever does what he did again that's he's done for the season. Fuck that weak ass af effort.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam

Fisch is going to beat NW, Rutgers, and Michigan to get to 5-1

At Iowa (who also choked against their state rival) will tell us whether this team can beat anyone else on the schedule besides ucla

To race's point, Indiana might be tuff

Michael Penix ain't walking outta that tunnel any tim soon Race.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,574

Huskies will beat Northwestern. With so much roster turnover and new coaches, this team will improve faster than most other teams. The whole staring 5 on the OL is new and there were ZERO returning starters on O.

Frankly, I'm glad we played WSU and could have won it at the end rather than getting our shit pushed in by an OOC school like Oklahoma or LSU.

The good part is that the staff won't have to go after so many transfers next year and can focus NIL dollars on quality rather than quantity.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,204 Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a troll, Coug? Northwestern and UCLA should be wins. Other than that I'm concerned. The OL was a mess in a half-filled Lumen which was only even like half opposing fans. Also struggled to snap the ball in the rain so later season weather sounds great.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,495 Swaye's Wigwam

The stadium was ~65-70% full. A lot more people showed up than what they were predicting.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,574

Maybe I'll regret saying this later but I'm not that concerned about the D, at least yet. The D actually has a few returning starters and other guys who played a decent amount of snaps last year. I also wasn't in love with our D last year and we(?) generally relied upon the very talented and experienced offense to win (except when Penix and / or Odunze and / or McMillian were banged up).

I'm not concerned about Will Rodgers either but am concerned about the WRs and OL not being ready for the better teams in the conference.

edited September 16

Cuogs do a lot of stupid shit, but we? don't troll.

After a loss, this place, like most places, tends to panic like an 8th grade girl who has just figured out she was the only one of her friends who wasn't invited to the sleepover. Then the hyperbole sets in.

The coaching staff called a shitty game. Fixable. O line is new. Can continue to gel and at the very least get their run blocking reads down, and if they do, and I believe they will, then Coleman can fucking cook. Also, don't discount adjustments. Oregon's O line looked like ass against the Idahoes, switched out one guy, and road graded Beav. Get Coleman going, and Rodgers will carve. He's no Penix, but the kid can throw.

Defense …, well, losing Bruener hurt. Always hurts to lose a guy with in-bred BHL tuffness. But the only real scary offenses on my list I have chalked up to losses are SC and … who else? I need to see Gabriel play well a bit more than Beave before I crown his ass and that offense.

Be concerned. It's what makes the season interesting. Just don't panic and start mailing in 5-win seasons. Jimminny Christmas. You have to assume he beats N'Western, Rutgers and UCLA. There's your 5. Are you and the other hand wringers truly convinced Washington! can't beat at the very least one of Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, PSU, SC and Oregon? They? are beating two of those IMO, and I would not be at all surprised to see them steal one of the PSU, SC and Oregon games.

Let Coleman cook and set up the pass and watch what happens.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,250 Swaye's Wigwam

I have all the screenshots I need

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,572 Standard Supporter

I think it was DeBoer plus a bunch of very talented experienced players. They had the right call on in every high leverage situation for the entire season and the players executed. Never seen anything like it. Retarded Team of Destiny indeed.

Then the last minute of the Sugar bowl showed up, got DJ hurt and nearly blew that game (thank you Sark), and carried it over for the entire next week.

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,438 Founders Club

Don't overthink this Woolley it is a troll.

I didn't think at end of game we were so athletically better than WSU that it was a absolute shock we lost. The penalties did us in for sure which I believe Fisch gets corrected. I just look from Michigan on, and see level of talent especially along ol/dl as being so hard to overcome minus UCLA and Indiana