Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

More reason to believe Petersen can't relate to the edgy players.

Mercer Island be crazy as fuck after dark
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,974 Swaye's Wigwam
    Seriously though it seems like Lindquist must have improved quite a bit and I'm glad. He's a big, mobile QB with a strong arm so he has a high ceiling. Maybe there's a chance he reaches it.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,160
    If Miles takes over after the Hawaii game then the Lindquist era may tie the Taylor Barton era for best winning % among UW QBs
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    There's a good chance Lindy never looks back. With that a chance Miles transfers. Oh the irony. The front runner for starter is the one who transfers while the 3rd stringer (Williams was the one everyone assumed would transfer.) Sticks around as backup-by-default.

listen, If Lindy plays lights out @ Hawaii, he will then have as many starting reps as Miles did last year. How will Peter handle game 2? NO WAY he pulls Lindquist vs Eastern. Cannot take a chance of losing by inserting Miles. This is a very unique situation on Pete's hands.

When do you pull Lindquist? I think Lindquist holds onto the job. I think the 1st time we see Miles is against Georgia St. In the second half, unless Lindy struggles mightily along the way.. Again, UNLESS Lindy struggles or we are WAY ahead in any of the 4 games.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,252 Founders Club
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    I think we'll see Troy against Hawaii, and unless Lindquist is terrible, he starts against EW. I do think all 3 will see action over the course of the next 4 games. We know so little about Lindquist, I think it's hard to say anything more than this. We can HOPE he grabs the bull by the horns, because we need a QB (indifferent as to which QB) to grab hold and dominate. Coach Pete will be looking...4 practice games to start the season...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,909 Founders Club
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,909 Founders Club

There's a good chance Lindy never looks back. With that a chance Miles transfers. Oh the irony. The front runner for starter is the one who transfers while the 3rd stringer (Williams was the one everyone assumed would transfer.) Sticks around as backup-by-default.

listen, If Lindy plays lights out @ Hawaii, he will then have as many starting reps as Miles did last year. How will Peter handle game 2? NO WAY he pulls Lindquist vs Eastern. Cannot take a chance of losing by inserting Miles. This is a very unique situation on Pete's hands.

When do you pull Lindquist? I think Lindquist holds onto the job. I think the 1st time we see Miles is against Georgia St. In the second half, unless Lindy struggles mightily along the way.. Again, UNLESS Lindy struggles or we are WAY ahead in any of the 4 games.

and if he goes 4-for-27 in a 56-21 loss, you'll be forced to take down your Lindquist for Heisman website.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2014
    Lindquist will start until he struggles. The second he does though, he's getting yanked for Miles. Lindy has a lot of pressure on him because he will most likely have a quick hook. I kind of fear that Lindy does well the first few games only to show he can't hack it by the time conference games start.

Lindquist will start until he struggles. The second he does though, he's getting yanked for Miles. Lindy has a lot of pressure on him because he will most likely have a quick hook. I kind of fear that Lindy does well the first few games only to show he can't hack it by the time conference games start.

That's getting way ahead of things. Petersen might be planning to start Miles vs. EWU regardless of how Lindy does.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    This was a no brainer. It could be that Lindquist flourishes under a real coach like Peterson. It will be interesting moving forward or after the Hawaii game it might not.

Thanks to Herby at ESPN Sark has a made persona of a QB guru, excellent recruiter and offensive genius. Let's not forget recruiting improved after the defensive staff came in. It also took Sark 4 years to recruit a QB.

The posters at HH all know Sark is a multi millionaire who happens to be a total fraud.