Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fantasy Baseball

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter

Do a few of you other sickos play Roto fantasy baseball? A friend proposed trading Josh Naylor for Corbin Carroll. I think CC is heating up but am in 2nd place and would like a boost to HRs and RBIs. Naylor's BABIP has been dreadful but he's also injury prone.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,833 Founders Club

@chuck and I are in the same league and we're both tied for 3rd with 7-5 records. I paid $19 for Naylor and he has been a Godsend since J-Rod has been so underwhelming and so expensive.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

Its easy to underestimate the value of steals. Without comparing actual #s, I'd have to guess that good Carroll is more valuable than Naylor. If he's not hitting at least .250/.320/.400 then maybe not though.

That's all based on feel, not analytics. I only invest $10 in this league which isn't enough to warrant doing real homework.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,712 Founders Club
    edited July 6

so depending on what stats you actually count, don't love the guy but Naylor has been a much more productive category player than Carroll ~ Carroll is seriously hurt [my opinion] and is unable to hit with power [at least this season] and is really only a play if you need runs and stolen bases. Truthfully, recently Carroll has stopped running as well so even though he was considered a top 10 pick, at this point he is a cut candidate waver wire douche in a lot of leagues.

Just my 2 cents ~ and I'm a guy that touted him prior to his great season last year to anyone that would listen, so i was hugely biased in his favor to begin this season.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,712 Founders Club

The kid i would pick up right now if you have the ability to stash minor leaguers is Chandler Simpson ~ the kid is hitting in the high 300's, great OBA and leads all of the minors with steals ~ will steal 100+ again this year, expect him to be called up to the majors to bolster a horrid tampa bay lineup at some point.

Obviously, I would be picking up Wood [recent callup for Washington] but he is undoubtedly already long since rostered in your league.