Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Besides Shaq

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
who are you really excited about on defense this year? I think I'm most excited/hopeful for John Timu. I ripped that guy mercilessly early in his career but he really came around.....am excited for him to take the next step and become an All-Pac 12 guy.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I really like Sean Parker and I am excited about Feeney, although two consecutive years of off season shoulder surgery has me a little worried.

Timu was greatly improved last season, but he still wasn't great. I don't see him as an All- Pac 12 guy. He was still very inconsistent and missed way too many tackles.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree with the above. I think Danny Shelton is fun to watch. Aggressive and won't quit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with the above. I think Danny Shelton is fun to watch. Aggressive and won't quit.

Shelton is the most valuable player on the whole team. We are fucked if he goes down.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Timu, Feeney, and Shaq are the most complete unit on the field. I'm interested to see who will emerge as our CBs. Peters has a chance to be a stud if he can shed some of hims Quinton Richardson tendencies. I'm willing to bet that Shamburger gets usurped as a starter as well.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Road is exactly right, Shelton is the MVP right now. The DL will be a total disaster if he goes down.

I think Feeney might be a little overhyped. He's explosive and can make big plays but not sure he's an all-around type of LB like Timu or Shaq.

I want to see how the freshman do. Theres a good chance you could see 4-5 true freshman within the top 15 guys on defense. That would be Farria, Kelly, Qualls, the Safety from Texas and maybe Jojo or Joe, whatever that DL's name is.

I wonder how or what Wilcox will do to get more pressure on the QB. Losing Trufant is huge in that regard. There are holes up front and in the secondary, so we'll see how good Wilcox really is in trying to plug these weaknesses.

Anyone think the guy from Alabama will be any good..Travelle Dixon?
  • Options
    PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92
    Photogenic 5 Up Votes First Comment

Road is exactly right, Shelton is the MVP right now. The DL will be a total disaster if he goes down.

I think Feeney might be a little overhyped. He's explosive and can make big plays but not sure he's an all-around type of LB like Timu or Shaq.

I want to see how the freshman do. Theres a good chance you could see 4-5 true freshman within the top 15 guys on defense. That would be Farria, Kelly, Qualls, the Safety from Texas and maybe Jojo or Joe, whatever that DL's name is.

I wonder how or what Wilcox will do to get more pressure on the QB. Losing Trufant is huge in that regard. There are holes up front and in the secondary, so we'll see how good Wilcox really is in trying to plug these weaknesses.

There's only one Road and it ain't that faggoty ass faggot.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,972
    Founders Club

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Dude, you make less sense than steelheader/puppy/whatever his name is and that is a sight to behold.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    Kelly will play at CB this year. I'm very excited about him. He's a stud.

No idea on Dixon, although if he can get an offer at Bama, I assume he is at the very least a capable BCS player.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,275
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Hasty will be the best back on the field
  • Options

Dude, you make less sense than steelheader/puppy/whatever his name is and that is a sight to behold.
    Or, maybe you're fucking dense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Don't say that to Harv he swears up and down this will be his last year coming up cause he has character issues.
  • Options

Don't say that to Harv he swears up and down this will be his last year coming up cause he has character issues.
    Shelton's personal problems are well documented. It's not an opinion. It hindered his recruitment and he ended up having to stay home.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    He does? I can understand some anger issues because of the death of his brother. I don't know of other issues. And I believe he has one of the higher GPAs on the team.

Shelton's personal problems are well documented. It's not an opinion. It hindered his recruitment and he ended up having to stay home.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

He does? I can understand some anger issues because of the death of his brother. I don't know of other issues. And I believe he has one of the higher GPAs on the team.

There are no issues with Shelton. His a great player and will finish his career at UW was a great player.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Shelton's only "documented" issue is being kicked out of a practice one time because he got angry. Personally, I like our players to have a bi of a mean streak in them.
  • Options

Shelton's only "documented" issue is being kicked out of a practice one time because he got angry. Personally, I like our players to have a bi of a mean streak in them.

If Shelton is bi, he's not the only one on the team.
  • Options
    Halliday. Anxious to see if he takes the underneath pass instead of the home run ball every play.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shelton, Shaq, Parker, and Maybe Jamora if can come back healthy. Everyone else is either bad or 7-6 material.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    One guy who hasn't been mentioned is Marcus Peters. Against USC, he looked like a future All Pac 12 guy. Against WSU, he looked like Quinton Richardson. I hope he can become a consistent player this year, because he has all the tools to be a very good player.