Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Prediction for Oregon Football

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2014

Helfrich fired three days after the 2015 Civil War game. RichRod jumps from Arizona to become the new Duck coach.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2014
    We don't want dickrod. End of story. I'd rather have a coach that completely transforms Oregon into something else (like a defensive coach like Dantonio would) than a poor man's Chip Kelly who can't get it done in Arizona.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

I'd rather have a coach that completely transforms Oregon into something else (like a defensive coach like Dantonio would) than a poor man's Chip Kelly who can't get it done in Arizona.

What will you be saying after Oregon pounds Michigan State in a few weeks?

It took Dantonio 7 years to finally make a BCS Bowl at Michigan State, and he went 7-6 as recently as 2012. 11-2 causes a meltdown among a small, yet extremely moronic, group of Duck fans.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I'd rather have a coach that completely transforms Oregon into something else (like a defensive coach like Dantonio would) than a poor man's Chip Kelly who can't get it done in Arizona.

What will you be saying after Oregon pounds Michigan State in a few weeks?

It took Dantonio 7 years to finally make a BCS Bowl at Michigan State, and he went 7-6 as recently as 2012. 11-2 causes a meltdown among a small, yet extremely moronic, group of Duck fans.

Michigan State was bad forever, that takes a bit to rectify.

You're right I remember tons of people being happy about getting smashed with NC and Conference title on the line. I can think of all kinds of them right now. Can you see them???
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Mosster47 said:

Going 7-6 in his 6th year after two 11 win seasons prior to that means it must have been the players' fault. Who recruited those players?

The NC was a pipe dream by the time the Ducks played AZ, but I don't expect a wildcat fan to know this stuff.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2014

If you can't get your players pumped for a Rose Bowl birth, then you shouldn't be coaching. Simple fact.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Going 7-6 in his 6th year after two 11 win seasons prior to that means it must have been the players' fault. Who recruited those players?

The NC was a pipe dream by the time the Ducks played AZ, but I don't expect a wildcat fan to know this stuff.

The NC was on the line against Stanford and the CCG against UA. You are truly stupid, but don't act dumb.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We don't want dickrod. End of story. I'd rather have a coach that completely transforms Oregon into something else (like a defensive coach like Dantonio would) than a poor man's Chip Kelly who can't get it done in Arizona.

Fucking this. Rich Rod is so fucking overrated. He's not a bad coach, but he's pretty average. Oh, but he took West Virginia to BCS Bowls! They played in the fucking Big East. Fucking Rutgers and Louisville were the only competition. With Pat White and Steve Slaton on his team, he should have gone to BCS games.

I've never heard so many excuses on why he was terrible at Michigan. If Urban Meyer or Chip Kelly went to Michigan, they would succeed. Rich Rod wasn't a good fit, but he did a terrible job there and they were correct to fire him. I hope Oregon does hire Rodriguez. 9 win seasons, terrible defenses, and an occasional 11 win season when you have the right QB. OBK is correct in calling Rodriguez a poor man's Chip Kelly.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

You couldn't get any dumber. Three 11+ win seasons in the past four years. He was either 1st or tied for 1st in the conference in each of those seasons. 3 points away from going to two Rose Bowls in the past 3 years. In the 7-6 season, the five conference losses were by a total of 14 points. He's doing all of this at Michigan State. He has owned Michigan since he has been coach. Helfrich would get fired in 2-3 years if he was the coach at Michigan State.
    Their defense and dc are fucking legit, even with the guys they lost. Period. They hit each other like dump trucks during practice, even as late as the week leading up to the Rose Bowl. They don't give a shit about guys getting injured (they do make an exception for the starting qb), they give a shit about being tougher than their opponent.

Their dc was asked whether or not that much hitting was necessary in practice; he responded with, "I just think some people are soft."

• Options
    edited August 2014

You couldn't get any dumber. Three 11+ win seasons in the past four years. He was either 1st or tied for 1st in the conference in each of those seasons. 3 points away from going to two Rose Bowls in the past 3 years. In the 7-6 season, the five conference losses were by a total of 14 points. He's doing all of this at Michigan State. He has owned Michigan since he has been coach. Helfrich would get fired in 2-3 years if he was the coach at Michigan State.

Yeah, that's what I said. Two 11 win seasons, then 7-6 in his 6th season, then another 11-win season. Michigan State can't recruit for shit, either.

Now give yourself a donkey punch for being a fucking moron.

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Yeah, that's what I said. Two 11 win seasons, then 7-6 in his 6th season, then another 11-win season. Michigan State can't recruit for shit, either.

That's not what you said at all... Christ.
  • Options

Christ! Nice to see you have an account here too, laxduck. You're as stupid here as you are on eDuck.

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You couldn't get any dumber.
  • Options

Christ! Nice to see you have an account here too, laxduck. You're as stupid here as you are on eDuck.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Mosster47 said:

This is a such a great insult, I had to borrow it for a minute.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Dardanus said:

Disagree. Some brain damage from an incomplete *gurgle* would make him dumber.
  • Options

Dardanus said:

Disagree. Some brain damage from an incomplete *gurgle* would make him dumber.
    Maybe. I won't say you're wrong, but I am skeptical.

A field test will put this debate to rest.