Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariners on a roll

Sweep the Jays. 2 out of 3 from the Tigers. This season has been improvement. Fire Jack Z still though.

Yea yea TSIO blah blah blah.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mods?

Can we stop with the crip jokes?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    if they make the division series no to fire jack z. Big if though. I criticize him as much as anyone but he has made some good moves this year. Young, Jackson, Rodney, etc.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

if they make the division series no to fire jack z. Big if though. I criticize him as much as anyone but he has made some good moves this year. Young, Jackson, Rodney, etc.

I'd still fire him, but they won't. I do think it's possible he can be a decent GM, the Jackson trade was vintage Good Z, which we haven't seen in a few years. I'd rather start fresh, but with Howie doing the hiring, what are the odds they actually upgrade?

#FireLincoln
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I'd still fire him, but they won't. I do think it's possible he can be a decent GM, the Jackson trade was vintage Good Z, which we haven't seen in a few years. I'd rather start fresh, but with Howie doing the hiring, what are the odds they actually upgrade?

#FireLincoln
    This. They might luck into a good season every now and then, but the M's are ultimately fucked until Lincoln goes away.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,543
    Swaye's Wigwam

If their is room for divegrass there is to for boreball.

Whoosh?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Their pitching is unreal right now. Jackson and Morales are huge improvements to the lineup. Two really underrated pick ups for them. A legit leadoff hitter and an actual clean up guy.
  • Options

Their pitching is unreal right now. Jackson and Morales are huge improvements to the lineup. Two really underrated pick ups for them. A legit leadoff hitter and an actual clean up guy.

Morales is not an actual clean up guy. Seager should be batting cleanup. Morales may or may not even prove to be an upgrade, but right now he has a .595 OPS since he came over to the M's (ILTCTTM's). So far they would have been better giving those AB's to Justin Smoak.

But yes, Jackson was the perfect addition.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    disagree on smoak. While morales has been sucking overall he has been hitting better lately, granted still not outstanding.
    At least there is potential improvement from morales unlike smoak who is what he is. Seager is a better option however
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

disagree on smoak. While morales has been sucking overall he has been hitting better lately, granted still not outstanding.
    At least there is potential improvement from morales unlike smoak who is what he is. Seager is a better option however

I'm not saying Smoak is better, I'm just saying he almost assuredly would have performed better than Morales over the 21 games he's been here. That's how drecky Morales has been.

The nice thing is he is definitely on the upswing with a .749 OPS in August and a .960 OPS the past week. I'm not saying send Morales down for Smoak, just poonting to a guy we all know sucks to illustrate just how bad Morales has been for the M's.
  • Options
    Mr_PetermanMr_Peterman Unconfirmed Posts: 309
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Haven't watched the M's since 2001 when management didn't add a bat.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Z should have been fired 3 years ago. He's not getting fired after this year.
  • Options
    that was an unbelievable win. So un-mariners like.
    2 outs, so what?
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

that was an unbelievable win. So un-mariners like.
    2 outs, so what?

I'm mooging it up hard tonight

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    holy shit at that comeback

0-2 count with 2 outs in the 9th down 3-0? what
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

holy shit at that comeback

0-2 count with 2 outs in the 9th down 3-0? what

Win probability was at 0.2% at that poont. 998 times out of 1000 (hi Tequilla!) teams don't come back from that to win.

Took some luck with Denorfia and Ackley's bloopers falling in, but you don't come back from that without a little luck. And how about Ackley scoring from first on a single?

Crazy.
  • Options
    mariners record in 1 run games entering today was 14-23. They were due for good luck
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

mariners record in 1 run games entering today was 14-23. They were due for good luck

It's still 14-23 after today

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Z should have been fired 3 years ago. He's not getting fired after this year.

Sadly you're right. Unless they go 8-19 or something in September ( I'm estimating the amount of games...wrgaf), Seattle fans will be happy they won 84 games and were in it until Wednesday of the last week. He deserves another chance for acquiring Austin Jackson and having us in contention to be the fifth best team out of 14... or 15, whatever.

I was talking to my friend last night and he was talking World Series. Refuse to lose!!!