Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on the DBs so far?

Who are the starters as of now?

Do they look ready?

DB is the one big area of potential weakness.

Comments

• The great thing is we have 4 games to sort this out but our front 7 should help. 10 win regular season.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    I think our front 7 will be absolutely dominant. That will help a lot.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like It will be Peters and Kelly at corner, but safety is less certain. I've heard King, Walker, and Beaver all listed as potential starters, and you can't rule out Budda. Sounds like he's the nickel right now tho.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    This is the one position group that i actually thought was coached the best by previous staff, and my biggest concern with the season set to begin Sept 27th.

... that is going to be a really good secondary going forward. Really excited about their future.

Absolutely. But I hope we don't see blown coverages this year due to inexperience.
  • Unless we get shitty QB play this year we will win 10 of our first 13 games. In fact, I'm about to drop $1100 to win 1k on our season win total.
    Auburndawg says 11-2.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam

Been to both practices, the first one was the one where it was more game like. I came away impressed by the secondary. Obviously we know Marcus Peters is a stud, but I think Jermaine Kelly is the next NFL corner for UW. Brandon Beaver really looks like he is going to be a starter.

But what really impressed me was the true freshmen db's. I thought that Naijiel Hale might have just been rated high because he is Nate Dogg's son, but nope.... he can play football. He is very physical, I think he has a great future at UW. Budda is Budda, he is a playmaker. And then throw in guys like Sidney Jones, Jojo McIntosh, Darren Gardenhire... that is going to be a really good secondary going forward. Really excited about their future.

Good chit, coke.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

Do they look ready?

The Huskies are holding a scrimmage tomorrow that's open to the public. It's the last day of fall camp, meaning the coaches are probably figuring out who will play and who will redshirt this year.

You'll probably get more solid answers after the scrimmage is over, but what was said in this thread has been quite accurate. Right now, it's:

1st string(fellow):
    CB: Peters
    CB: Kelly
    S: Beaver
    S: Walker

2nd string:
    CB: Dixon
    CB: Hale
    S: King
    S: Baker

3rd string:
    CB: Jones
    CB: Gardenhire
    S: McIntosh
    S: Clay
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Do they look ready?

The Huskies are holding a scrimmage tomorrow that's open to the public. It's the last day of fall camp, meaning the coaches are probably figuring out who will play and who will redshirt this year.

You'll probably get more solid answers after the scrimmage is over, but what was said in this thread has been quite accurate. Right now, it's:

1st string(fellow):

2nd string:

3rd string:
    Yup, that is what they've been running with. Budda is the nickel right now too. Also, I expect King to take over for Walker at some point.

Do they look ready?

1st string(fellow):

2nd string:

3rd string:
    Yup, that is what they've been running with. Budda is the nickel right now too. Also, I expect King to take over for Walker at some point.
    King had shoulder surgery, didn't he?
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Yeah he did, missed Spring ball because of it. I think that's why he has been running with 2's, probably behind a little.

Close the fucking gates @DerekJohnson‌

I'm starting to think you must be a whoosh. You can't be a real person pressing this hard, can you?
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    Can we drug test all these ridiculous husky homers what a joke 11 wins. The chapstick crew led by auberndoog and peterdouche! Yeah boy!
  • beelzebub said:

Can we drug test all these ridiculous husky homers what a joke 11 wins. The chapstick crew led by auberndoog and peterdouche! Yeah boy!

And I thought I was pressing today.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    beelzebub said:

Must be the legal bud.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    beelzebub said:

If you can't see 11 wins with everything Sark left Coach Petersen, then I can't help you.