Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The new dawgman.com?

A month ago, this place was a refuge of the scorned few. But over the past few weeks our numbers have exploded. Derek has an idea of the actual numbers, but it sure looks like traffic & members have spiked.

With Kim's implosion over OR, and continued heavy-handed censorship, is there room for HH to be a real threat? I personally know a couple of frustrated DM posters who have found a new home over here, including myself.

I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds. DM.com is so censored it is sucked of life. There are many members who are just there because it's all they know. Time to reach out to them. The more our numbers grow, the more erratic and irrational Kim & Fatters will become. And the more irrational they become, the more posters they will chase our way.

When we have a vibrant board, the rest will fall into place. Hell, 99% of all recruiting info is now available on Twitter.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Dawgman will always have a niche until the Huskies start to win again. With this past decade of losing our fan culture has became very much like the Coogs hence the nickname Doogs. The Doogs are the majority of our fucktarded fan base so they don't want to deal with reality. They want to post on a place where everything is okay, Oregon cheats, Sark is close to turning the corner, etc. So doogman and Softy's facebook page will always be popular because we have so many fucking idiot doogs.

Eventually if this program ever gets their shit together and starts winning hopefully these Doogs will become minority members. Then a place like this site will really take off. For all those who say us "negas" are only happy when UW loses just so we can say we were right couldn't be further from the truth. If this team was winning 10 fucking games every season we'd all be supportive of Sark or whoever the fucking coach is.

Doogman has the edge on us though because they do have a professional singer.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I rue the day this place talks about football more than Grinolds. When that happens I am out.

I admit it was hard for me to break my dawgman habit even after it became hard to stomach. Now that it is out of my system it is hard for me to even look over there.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    yes, our numbers are exploding
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Dawgman exists not because of dawgman. Scout provides dawgman with information dawgman can't get alone. Who works for who?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club
    Dawgman's problem is that they became a cult of personality
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    In my opinion it's important that its noted that this site isn't the pit or HHB.com. If someone signs up who most regard as a "fucktarded doog" from dm.com, that's fine. No one needs to be "run". Anyone can participate and express their opinions. However, there will be no censorship and each opinion expressed will have to be defended on its own merits and without the protection of a moderator with a vested interest in suppressing criticism.

This site shouldn't be just 20 like minded HHBs cracking wise, it should be 20 HHBs cracking wise along with 100s more having and honest conversation about what needs to be done to field a competitive championship level football team.

I would welcome the likes of S14a, golddawg, and Auburndawg here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,712
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

WOOF

I don't recall asking for you to chime in Mr. Early Riser.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

In my opinion it's important that its noted that this site isn't the pit or HHB.com. If someone signs up who most regard as a "fucktarded doog" from dm.com, that's fine. No one needs to be "run". Anyone can participate and express their opinions. However, there will be no censorship and each opinion expressed will have to be defended on its own merits and without the protection of a moderator with a vested interest in suppressing criticism.

This site shouldn't be just 20 like minded HHBs cracking wise, it should be 20 HHBs cracking wise along with 100s more having and honest conversation about what needs to be done to field a competitive championship level football team.

Nominated
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

You'd REALLY welcome S14a? Care to rethink that one? Just sayin'...
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Good thinking, truly! Although I'm getting elderly and losing my senses, I can still recall how much fun Dawgman.com was when we were winning in 1999-2000....... before Insiders overloaded with football stupidity decided to hate Neuheisel while kissing Hedges butt ultimately bringing us Tyrone the fraudulent savior and his 0-12 masterpiece. Where would we be today had everybody claiming to love Purple and Gold ignored the Ricky-Babs circus and sideshow to pick-up the gauntlet and defend Husky Football against all supercilious attacks as Oregon has done to protect their ducks?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sure. Why not? I'd love for some of us to take on his idiocy without Kim's skirt in the way.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sure. Why not? I'd love for some of us to take on his idiocy without Kim's skirt in the way.

I'd rather have a throwdown at the 7-11 with him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why not have both?

I've noticed a lot of people in this world are limited with the word "or". I could verbally throw down here OR I could physically throw down at the 7-11. When you start replacing OR with AND your life will be lived in abundance.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited June 2013
    As was discussed weeks ago, more fans are now in tune with the views of this bored than Dawgman. That is the case after the last two games last year. It pushed many fans over to this side. What helped was Kim's constant defending of mediocrity in addition to his own power tripping over there. So you have most fans in the middle to begin with and Kim has gone further in his direction while the last two games pushed fans closer to this side. I'm not so good at math but maybe Tailgater can help illustrate this with one of his literary sermons.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,712
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you turn ex into in you can include instead of exclude
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you turn ex into in you can include instead of exclude

Ever turn a frown upside down? I'm also hearing it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Staff?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,992
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why not have both?

I've noticed a lot of people in this world are limited with the word "or". I could verbally throw down here OR I could physically throw down at the 7-11. When you start replacing OR with AND your life will be lived in abundance.
    That's some deep shit right there.

• Options
    PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92
    Photogenic 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This always happens.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Looking forward to a new place to chat on all things Huskies. Been a Dawg since birth and an alum since '97.