Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The very definition of stupid

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,359
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited February 23 in Tug Tavern

I keep telling myself " these democrats can't possibly be that stupid can they?". Then of course they answer my question be being even more retarded than I could have ever imagined.

What if anything has the last 60 years taught us about the great welfare programs of rats? Stats don't lie. Nothing has gotten better. Trillions upon trillions of dollars just wasted. Poverty rate in 1964? 19%. Poverty rate after spending trillions upon trillions of dollars? 15%. What a stellar return.

In the AA community, the stats have changed over the years. There are now more able bodied young and middle aged adults who are more than capable of working, on welfare as opposed to senior citizens. So welfare has made those capable of working, less willing to work. Imagine?

After 60 fucking years of perfect examples of what doesn't work, what does this dumb ass mayor do? She gives a bunch of unwed mothers $10,800 to offset the cost of child care. What do they do? They blow it.

Same crap, new day.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-mayor-hands-10800-economic-equity-agenda-one-blows-60-lavish-5-day-trip-miami

Democratic mayor hands out $10,800 for economic equity program that funds lavish 5-day trip to Miami

'I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,' one recipient said

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser distributed thousands of dollars to low-income moms with no strings attached as part of an "equitable economic recovery strategy" to offset the costs of childcare. In at least one case, the taxpayer dollars were used to fund a lavish trip to Miami. 

The direct cash payments were part of a pilot program to determine whether the flush of cash could demonstrate "economic improvements among participants." "Additional cash has allowed women to achieve further financial stability, financial security, food security, and health insurance coverage," Bowser's office had claimed.

But an economic policy expert told Fox News Digital the policies were a misdirection of funds that should otherwise be used for public safety and education. 

All 132 mothers who participated in the program were able to choose whether to receive monthly payments of $900 or to get $10,800 in a lump sum, which was "a unique feature of D.C.’s pilot," according to The Washington Post. 

Comments