Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Take a seat Ron

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

And shut up

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, speaking with supporters from his unsuccessful campaign for the GOP nomination, said former President Donald Trump should not play "identity politics" when choosing his 2024 running mate and said he's concerned about the people Trump would surround himself with if he returns to the White House.

"We have a diverse Republican Party," DeSantis told the more than 200 people who joined in the video call Wednesday, reports NBC News, which obtained audio from the conversation.

"I want everybody in the fold, don't get me wrong," he added. "But I don't want people representing 10, 15% of the party being in the driver's seat… I have heard that they're looking more into identity politics. I think that's a mistake. I think you should just focus on who the best person for the job would be, and then do that accordingly."

Trump, in an interview earlier this week, confirmed that his shortlist for vice president includes DeSantis as well as former GOP candidates Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., and Vivek Ramaswamy, along with Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla.; South Dakota GOP Gov. Kristi Noem, and former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who served as a Democrat but now has more conservative views.

DeSantis suspended his campaign last month and immediately endorsed Trump. However, in his video call, DeSantis said he's concerned that Trump would staff his administration with "people that are going to be more kind of yes men, rather than folks that are going to be pushing back."

Meanwhile, Trump's campaign slammed DeSantis, with spokesperson Karoline Leavitt commenting that he "failed miserably in his presidential campaign and does not have a voice in selecting the next vice president of the United States."

"Rather than throw cheap shots from afar, Ron should focus on what he can do to fire [President] Joe Biden and Make America Great Again," she added.

Trump campaign adviser Chris LaCivita — who Trump has endorsed as chief operating officer for the Republican National Committee — called DeSantis a "sad little man" over his speculation about Trump's running mate choice.

"Chicken fingers and pudding cups is what you will be remembered for you sad little man," LaCivita said on X,