Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest Post WW2 Decade of Country Music

2»

Comments

• Options
    iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    1950's

…while we are talking about Dolly. The single Jolene slowed do to 33 is pretty cool. Perhaps posted before, but I’m too lazy to search

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1990s

Jolene is one of the most iconic songs ever IMO

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1990s

Friends in Low Places - early 90. I think KMPS had a daily listener top 10 and a live version with an extra verse was number 1 for years. Garth Brooks had a best selling album sold exclusively at McDonalds for three months. I recall the local McDonalds, in Seattle, selling out. Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Dixie Chix, Shania Twain, Sheryl Crow-ish and others. Careers of others like George Strait had some of their biggest hits, and attention and air play was paid to veterans like George Jones.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

tough call all the way around on this one

being the hick I am, I actually record the Legends of Country on RFD channel. It is the original Country Show that became the Grand Ol' Opry. All of that is 50's. Hard to listen to the 50's all day long, a couple of hours is Otay as Buhwheat would say.

80's is when country went main stream, Jimmy Dean, Barbara Mandrel both had TV shows, HeeHaw was great. Lots of classic and a Texas influence.

90's about the same as the 80's. I did not listen to too much country back then but knew all the popular singers.

When I moved to Lebam in late 2000's the only radio stations I could get were country stations and they played popular stuff - So if I voted, the 2000's is what got me into listening to country, was it the best? Nah, but changed my music tastes the most.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    1990s

I picked 90s largely due to greatest exposure to the music then. Family in Kansas, formative years, spent many summers on the farm doing farm work back in the days where cassette tapes and then CD players were the only way to have portable music. So I listened to a lot of radio, of which the options were country or farm news radio. "This is Paul Harvey. Stand by for NEWS!"

Country music makes a lot more sense and is a lot more enjoyable when you listen to it while driving around in a tractor in a field for hours and hours at a time.

I know the major artists but haven't ever listened to much country which was made per-1987.