Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    yawn ... do we play the fighting PatHadenFS this year?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    What a cool day for the Trojans man.
  • I still can't believe Tui hitched his wagon to Seven. Tui is my favorite offensive player in our history.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,577 Founders Club

I still can't believe Tui hitched his wagon to Seven. Tui is my favorite offensive player in our history.

He didn't hitch his wagon to Sark. His offer from Pete would have been somewhat of a demotion and lower pay (if I remember right). He'll be able to build on his network while at USC. I doubt he'll be there for that long.
    Exactly. I'm assuming it was a cold, calculated move.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014

I still can't believe Tui hitched his wagon to Seven. Tui is my favorite offensive player in our history.

He didn't hitch his wagon to Sark. His offer from Pete would have been somewhat of a demotion and lower pay (if I remember right). He'll be able to build on his network while at USC. I doubt he'll be there for that long.
    I understand and agree 81% but he should have known better and taken a job with Mora if he wanted to be in SoCal. I would rather hitch my wagon as a QB coach in the NFL over Sark'tard.

QB coach under Seven is like Nick Holt under Pete C. Will anyone be surprised when he fires Tui in 2-3 years to save his own job. Understand why Tui didn't take the TE gig...follow the cash and his loyalty to our current TE coach.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I understand and agree 81% but he should have known better and taken a job with Mora if he wanted to be in SoCal. I would rather hitch my wagon at a QB coach in the NFL over Sark'tard.

QB coach under Seven is like Nick Holt under Pete C. Will anyone be surprised when he fires Tui in 2-3 years to save his job. Understand why Tui didn't take the TE gig...follow the cash and his loyalty to our current TE coach.

Tui isn't even the USC QB coach. He's the TE coach with some other bullshit title to give him more money. You are under the assumption he had a plethora of options. Being an assistant coach in college football is not an easy job. They are at the peril of head coaches who typically hire their buddies. Did Mora even have an opening? Tui took the job where he could get the most money. Nothing wrong with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014

I understand and agree 81% but he should have known better and taken a job with Mora if he wanted to be in SoCal. I would rather hitch my wagon at a QB coach in the NFL over Sark'tard.

QB coach under Seven is like Nick Holt under Pete C. Will anyone be surprised when he fires Tui in 2-3 years to save his job. Understand why Tui didn't take the TE gig...follow the cash and his loyalty to our current TE coach.

Tui isn't even the USC QB coach. He's the TE coach with some other bullshit title to give him more money. You are under the assumption he had a plethora of options. Being an assistant coach in college football is not an easy job. They are at the peril of head coaches who typically hire their buddies. Did Mora even have an opening? Tui took the job where he could get the most money. Nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not bashing him so stop twisting. We know he had one offer here and it's not like he didn't spend years in the NFL while making many of connections but like someone said he made the move he felt best. His ties to Rick and Mora alone could have landed him interviews. Wow just wow, twister up in here.

Next
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Sounds like the new normal for USC is 7 wins.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Love Tui ...

But at the same time, there's enough rumor and innuendo out there about Tui's role in the frat club to understand why he continued to stay with Sark when there weren't other, better options for him.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I haven't heard about Tui being involved in the debauchery of the other coaches. Tui was only on board for one season.

His options were pretty simple. Stay at UW, make less money and be demoted essentially or go to USC and retain a decent salary. Where the fuck else could he have gone? I'd guess in his heart he wants to be at UW, but professionally this was the obvious decision. He will build good recruiting ties in one of the most fertile regions in the country and he has his Washington ties. His resume as an assistant will be fairly strong in a few years whereas a year or two ago he basically had no resume.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Take the emotion out of it. Tui made a business/family decision. Period.

Respect da bidness.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Tui could've stayed at Washington and learned from one of the best, but instead chose to stay with Sark and his undisciplined bullshit excuses. That says a lot about Tui's decision making and how he perceives short term/long term value. So in short, fuck that guy. Money now in exchange for learning how to be a good coach.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Tui could've stayed at Washington and learned from one of the best, but instead chose to stay with Sark and his undisciplined bullshit excuses. That says a lot about Tui's decision making and how he perceives short term/long term value. So in short, fuck that guy. Money now in exchange for learning how to be a good coach.

Tui will get more exposure at USC then he will at UW. If he's thinking about the long-term, he might move into a real position faster at USC than at UW.

Tui will get more exposure at USC then he will at UW. If he's thinking about the long-term, he might move into a real position faster at USC than at UW.
    That's bullshit and you should know that. Coaching for a winning coach is superior to media sizzle every time.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

That's bullshit and you should know that. Coaching for a winning coach is superior to media sizzle every time.
    Sark and Lane Kiffin approve this message.
  • Tui could've stayed at Washington and learned from one of the best, but instead chose to stay with Sark and his undisciplined bullshit excuses. That says a lot about Tui's decision making and how he perceives short term/long term value. So in short, fuck that guy. Money now in exchange for learning how to be a good coach.

Did you just say "fuck that guy" about Tui wtf? That is way out of bounds SMH
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2014

That's assuming Peterman even wanted him. I know the media reported he had an offer, but who knows about the validity of that. He's not one of Petersen's guys. He went with the staff he was familiar with for more money.

The whole coaching under one of the best is mostly a bullshit myth. Urban Meyer coached under Bob Davie at Notre Dame before getting the Bowling Green head coaching job. Sark and Kiffin coached under Carroll. Which guy learned from the better coach? I could name a whole bunch of other assistants who coached under great head coaches who went on to suck.

Did you just say "fuck that guy" about Tui wtf? That is way out of bounds SMH
    LEAVE!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I can. Have you ever filled out a resume? Microsoft looks better than Staples.