Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kalepo to Ole Miss

13»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    linkysyslinkysys Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Curne last season, then Kalepo + Bluelow all to Ole Miss. See the pattern? All guys from the same room who kept in contact. Huff leaves and they leave. The strategy is clear. Flip one guy and get him to flip others. What is Kiffin giving these guys? Free dinners at the tasty freeze?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,576
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Part of the problem is with NIL you never know how much players are actually paid or offered. How would you feel if you found out UW was offering these guys $5k to stay and Ole Miss was offering $150k (I've actually seen rumors it was a lot more)?

Do you also factor in that it's possible Fisch and co would rather spend that much money on guys who have higher ceilings and could be in the program longer? Though I pray we're done with the 4 year odyssey of WDWHA because he wants money or is a pain and then we sign either someone whose next best offer is Kansas or some shit or literally no one.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,290
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I, for one, am excited to see the impact NIL money has on player laziness and values. A kid with money is a scary proposition. I truly believe that the grind will be impacted in ways we don't realize yet.

Don't forget the locker room. Instead of everyone being poor, allegedly, there is an economic divide

Penix was great at remaining a man of the people. You wonder about the Colorado locker room last year
    Yes indeed. This isn't Bear Bryant football anymore. The requirements of a head coach and staff have completely shifted. The coaches who deftly navigate these turbulent seas and keep control of players/locker rooms might not be the ones we expect.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,576
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I, for one, am excited to see the impact NIL money has on player laziness and values. A kid with money is a scary proposition. I remember getting my mom's estate at 19 years old. I ended up drinking most of it and fucking up my life. I truly believe that the grind will be impacted in ways we don't realize yet by all these upfront dollars.

I think UW already got buzz sawed trying to do something similar in recruiting, but I think an NCAA system where a lot of the NIL money isn't fully released until your college career is best for everyone, especially since I think it's harder for parents to skim down the road.