Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning interviews at Michigan

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Would shake up the off season natty race

Harbaugh said to be gone and the Ncaa hammer said to be dropping

But they 🏆

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Also taking Minter with him. Michigan is going to take a big hit without Minter.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,585
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Question for a fwend...if the NCAA drops the hammer on Michigan (I don't believe they will) why the fuck didn't they suspend them this season in some way?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll take the Michigan O line please

Ohio State can hang the banner
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141
    Where’s that jerk Derek Johnson to tell us this thread isn’t funny and that once he saw Race Bannon posting he immediately dismissed it as our joke? Separate, but equal? I hardly think so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Michigan's offensive line I think is like all seniors. They also are losing damn near their whole team. I assume they have better talent in the wings though and less will portal.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Time to fire up the flight trackers.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Michigan's offensive line I think is like all seniors. They also are losing damn near their whole team. I assume they have better talent in the wings though and less will portal.
    And I thought transfers from schools like ASU or Stanford which is why we thought we'd beat their ass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

And I thought transfers from schools like ASU or Stanford which is why we thought we'd beat their ass.
    I think they had two Stanford grad transfers and an ASU one. Kind of journeyman guys. I still don't buy the narrative that their OL was super dominant in that game or something it was more about hitting some open lanes early and that was it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Looking forward to the NCAA stripping them of the title and handing it the my DAWGS.

Quooks everywhere would gnash their teeth and foam at the mouth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I think they had two Stanford grad transfers and an ASU one. Kind of journeyman guys. I still don't buy the narrative that their OL was super dominant in that game or something it was more about hitting some open lanes early and that was it.
    They've been smashing soft Ryan Day three years running. And Penn State. And now Washington
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,358
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lanning to Michigan actually makes perfect sense with DeBoer at Alabama.

But what were the odds on Fan Duel?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Lanning to Michigan actually makes perfect sense with DeBoer at Alabama.

But what were the odds on Fan Duel?

Hoping for Lanning to leave seems like a bad strategy. I believe the talk that he has like some giant Nike stock thing and a $30 million buyout or something. Unless he has a deep desire to coach in the NFL, and the NFL wants him, I think he sticks in Eugene, and he's learned enough along the way to just not drive the car off the road as a head coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think Michigan is dumb enough to seriously consider Lanning, but maybe there's an arrogance there. I always thought that there was no way they could avoid promoting the assistant that beat Penn St and Ohio St in Harbaugh's absence. Even though Harbaugh was using private/custom encryption to tell him what plays to run/what to do from the hotel room.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I don't think Michigan is dumb enough to seriously consider Lanning, but maybe there's an arrogance there. I always thought that there was no way they could avoid promoting the assistant that beat Penn St and Ohio St in Harbaugh's absence. Even though Harbaugh was using private/custom encryption to tell him what plays to run/what to do from the hotel room.

I thought it's always been all but confirmed they're just gonna hire that Moore guy? I had assumed he was their DC and am encouraged he is their OC. Seems like a great idea to promote the guy whose unit sucked.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I thought it's always been all but confirmed they're just gonna hire that Moore guy? I had assumed he was their DC and am encouraged he is their OC. Seems like a great idea to promote the guy whose unit sucked.
    Word is the entire staff goes with Jim including Moore

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Word is the entire staff goes with Jim including Moore

So Netflix Greek Tragedy?