Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So what's the record at the end of the season?

Now that PDX gave up almost immediately the adults can talk about football now.

What is the record at the end of the regular season?

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    10-2. Losses @ UCLA and one other road game (@Utah?). Rematch v UCLA in the CCG.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    11-2. Loss @ UCLA and home vs the Tree. I know the Tree lost some key starters, but I don't think Oregon has the correct scheme to stop their death by a thousand power runs. Do u think the career LB coach has an epiphany and realizes u cant stop a 7 OL/2 TE set with a 3-4?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    9-3. Impressive wins against MSU (2+ scores) and UCLA (OT) are high points in an otherwise inconsistent season with letdowns against wazzu, uw, and stanford. Arizona will be an unimpressive win that will mark just how tough the 4-game stretch of wazzu-arizona-ucla-uw was. They'll win the Civil War but Helfrich will be let go at the end of the season in reaction to not making the playoffs, and because they won't let the program slowly sink.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    With Johnstone being out I can see a few extra botched plays and with Addison missing there will be some lost special team opportunities.

USC in 04 might not have been able to get through the conference unbeaten this year. I rarely bet against a senior QB and think Stanford will drop a couple so a loss against them won't mean total defeat much like last year.

10 wins before the CCG is pretty realistic.
  • PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Mosster47 said:

Sorry, I actually leave the basement once in a while and go on vacation.

Mosster47 said:

Sorry, I actually leave the basement once in a while and go on vacation.

Disagree

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This team has the talent and the schedule to go to the playoff. My inner Quook wants this to happen. I'm cautiously optimistic based on what I have read from fall camp, even losing Johnstone.

Who knows, maybe Helfrich puts it all together this year.

/quooksgonnaquook
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    If Mariota stays healthy all season long, watch out. If not, we're screwed. The backup QB's don't look like they have what it takes.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Lockie is awful. If Mariota goes down, it will be a 2007 @UCLA with Roper/Kempt scenario for a couple of games until the staff goes with Mahalak (who will be very good eventually).
    ntxduck said:

Lockie is awful. If Mariota goes down, it will be a 2007 @UCLA with Roper/Kempt scenario for a couple of games until the staff goes with Mahalak (who will be very good eventually).

The only time I've ever truly lost my cool at a football game (player/coach/fan) was at that game. We were right behind Kempt when he threw that skip pass that UCLA "intercepted." I could see it hit two feet in front of the Bruin player so I was laughing when the fucktard Pac-10 ref ruled it an INT. I went fucking ballistic when the replay booth confirmed the call. In a game that was controlled by field goals they spotted the Bruins 3 points.

Of course ESPN showed it a million times and laughed about how shitty Pac-10 officials are/were. I got lost in Rancho Cucamonga on the way home trying to find an In & Out.

Pure fucking dreck that was.

ntxduck said:

According to the newspapers, Mahalak has been fucking it up on the field. May have to hold out for Travis Waller next season.
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

The only time I've ever truly lost my cool at a football game (player/coach/fan) was at that game. We were right behind Kempt when he threw that skip pass that UCLA "intercepted." I could see it hit two feet in front of the Bruin player so I was laughing when the fucktard Pac-10 ref ruled it an INT. I went fucking ballistic when the replay booth confirmed the call. In a game that was controlled by field goals they spotted the Bruins 3 points.

Of course ESPN showed it a million times and laughed about how shitty Pac-10 officials are/were. I got lost in Rancho Cucamonga on the way home trying to find an In & Out.

Pure fucking dreck that was.

I hear that blaming the refs means you're a quook. Even if its clearly a bogus call.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    In fairness to the Pac-10 refs, that call did not cost us the game.
  • PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Mosster47 said:

USC in 04 might not have been able to get through the conference unbeaten this year.

Quook