Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arizona’s Fifita, McMillan speak on Jedd Fisch’s departure as transfer possibility looms

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

“ Fifita and McMillan confirmed that Fisch’s goodbye to the Wildcats was brief. He met with the team quickly — but most importantly to the Arizona players, the entire team showed up.

“In a way, I feel like if the meeting would have been longer, it would have just been him trying to defend himself on why he made his decision,” McMillan said. “He just got straight to the point, what it was, what it wasn’t.”

Added Fifita: “People are going to go out on social media and bash Fisch. To me, he said everything he needed to say. You don’t got to beat around the bush. There’s no hard feelings … that was a good meeting for us.

“What I like is that everybody showed up, bro. That kind of speaks to the culture we have. I think we were only missing a couple guys … they were out of town for plans they had set up before. It was a good showing, good meeting and regardless of what people are saying on social media, bro, it was a good meeting.” …..”

That’s how you exit. No drawn out fake crying event. Good on Fische.

What Debro should have done instead of that rambling "I love you, I really, really love you" poem.

Fifita says good things and bad things in that quote:

Good: People are going to go out on social media and bash Fisch. To me, he said everything he needed to say. You don’t got to beat around the bush. There’s no hard feelings … that was a good meeting for us. Conveys a sense of respect

Bad: What I like is that everybody showed up, bro. That kind of speaks to the culture we have. Speaking of culture that way loosely implies he likes where he is. OTOH, he has to know who established that culture.

Kid has time and is probably going to take it. LIPO
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,265 Swaye's Wigwam

“ Fifita and McMillan confirmed that Fisch’s goodbye to the Wildcats was brief. He met with the team quickly — but most importantly to the Arizona players, the entire team showed up.

“In a way, I feel like if the meeting would have been longer, it would have just been him trying to defend himself on why he made his decision,” McMillan said. “He just got straight to the point, what it was, what it wasn’t.”

Added Fifita: “People are going to go out on social media and bash Fisch. To me, he said everything he needed to say. You don’t got to beat around the bush. There’s no hard feelings … that was a good meeting for us.

“What I like is that everybody showed up, bro. That kind of speaks to the culture we have. I think we were only missing a couple guys … they were out of town for plans they had set up before. It was a good showing, good meeting and regardless of what people are saying on social media, bro, it was a good meeting.” …..”

What Debro should have done instead of that rambling "I love you, I really, really love you" poem.

Good: People are going to go out on social media and bash Fisch. To me, he said everything he needed to say. You don’t got to beat around the bush. There’s no hard feelings … that was a good meeting for us. Conveys a sense of respect

Bad: What I like is that everybody showed up, bro. That kind of speaks to the culture we have. Speaking of culture that way loosely implies he likes where he is. OTOH, he has to know who established that culture.

So much this. Arizona kids are starting to trickle into the portal. The more kids leave, the less appealing staying is going to look. The more of those kids come to UW, the more appealing UW is going to look. They have 30 days to enter the portal. We're on day 4 or 5 at this point. UW is starting to get some crystal balls from UA players. Momentum will build. The staff will get their footing on Montlake, and they'll be putting in long ass days to get our guys back, bring their guys up here, as well as bring in new players.

Fifita and TMac may want to stay in Tucson, but if most of the other good players bail, I doubt they'll turn down a nice bag to stay there. It's just bad business. If they do, then they have my respect, but I'll be really surprised if they're still there come fall practice.
    Game theory at its best going on. Fifita and McMillan will get a big bag no matter when they show up. The other guys will get bigger bags than market rate if they are in the first wave. It's always hard to be the first one though as maybe no one else follows.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

So much this. Arizona kids are starting to trickle into the portal. The more kids leave, the less appealing staying is going to look. The more of those kids come to UW, the more appealing UW is going to look. They have 30 days to enter the portal. We're on day 4 or 5 at this point. UW is starting to get some crystal balls from UA players. Momentum will build. The staff will get their footing on Montlake, and they'll be putting in long ass days to get our guys back, bring their guys up here, as well as bring in new players.

Fifita and TMac may want to stay in Tucson, but if most of the other good players bail, I doubt they'll turn down a nice bag to stay there. It's just bad business. If they do, then they have my respect, but I'll be really surprised if they're still there come fall practice.
    Game theory at its best going on. Fifita and McMillan will get a big bag no matter when they show up. The other guys will get bigger bags than market rate if they are in the first wave. It's always hard to be the first one though as maybe no one else follows.
    Agree. The top guys will get paid either way, but for the mid tier guys, now is the time to strike while there's still money available. Those guys might even be able to get overpaid just to build momentum moving our direction.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kevin Cummings a key for Fifita/McMillan to return to UA.

Kevin Cummings now at Montlake.

Transitive property iron law says that Fifita/McMillan are already on a plane to Paine Field.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    MelloDawg said:

Transitive property iron law says that Fifita/McMillan are already on a plane to Paine Field.

Fire up the flight tracker machine Mr. Peabody!
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,010
    MelloDawg said:

You mean Boeing Field.

Galvin Flight or Signature Aviation Private terminal.

Lol Paine field…